shogun.vader
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2012
- Messages
- 12
Rep Bank
$85
$85
User Power: 50%

Hello everyone, my name is Alexander. One of my best friends (x11joex11) gave me a book, its why I'm here and I'm sure you've all read it as well. I'm at chapter 29, and I can't put it down. Let me give you a little blurb about myself, as you can see I love origami. I believe life is like origami, "fold paper, fold life." At the moment I'm like a dollar bill, I'm trying to shape myself into something more. Many girls have fought over my origami and my male friends attest to the magical properties my origami flowers have on a first date.
But the picture you see on top of this post, is an event. A culmination of lots of dollars and failed experiments. The picture you see is my most perfect flower pot I've made and the only one I saved for posterity. I invested a lot of time in the "process" to get here. I didn't have a talent for origami, I just had a passion. Over time it simply just appears as talent. As a result I have a great tip for a cute waitress and rock solid pick up line. >😀
I began my introduction with one my hobbies to illustrate how much I value time and the process. The time I gave to my hobby yielded something cool. The book, 'fastlane millionaire' opened my eyes to how I used to see things. I used to only see a dollar, you trade time to get one. But I want that dollar to do more for me. Over time I found out that that dollar can get me a date, and oddly enough get some work. Part time I teach origami, I can't tell you how cool it is to get paid teaching what you love to do.
But I don't see myself making a career of origami, I'd rather have business of it. I value time more that anything now, and I have yet to create a process that keeps my time free of it, and is still profitable and passive. I haven't given up origami I still play with it from time to time.
What I did give up is my other hobby- well set aside until I've reached the the fast lane. My user login is Shogun Vader, and I costume up as a samurai Darth Vader. For years I've been a costumer, but after last 4th of july at a convention, I knew I had to put it away. There will be a time when can go to any convention I want without worry.
Now I spend all my time on my businesses. And well its still not enough. Before a fraction of time was blocked for my other hobbies, but even after I fixed it, I was still missing something. That something was the way I think.
One can easily change material and superficial things in their life. Dedicate time to a project, organize your room for less distraction, troll the coffee shops for more concentration time. But the way you think has to reflect what you want. When this parable hit me I had to take responsibility over how I've held my business partners back with my ingrained slowlane thinking and really adjust myself into the fastlane. Its frustrating and not easy. Dam its not easy. And I have few anecdotes I'm not going bore you with.
I'm here to meet others like minded like myself who wants more, critically understands that time is very important and strives to be efficient with precious time and knows humility. It was really hard for me to admit my shortcomings, cause well if I knew it all and am doing it right, why am I not where I want to be. If you have no humility, then you can be too stubborn jump off a sinking ship.
My company has adapted multiple times and has undergone numerous changes. We've f*cked up sooo many times, but we are almost there. We know now we have a successful model and during its beta test its yield was amazing. At the moment its need more time to develop to get it properly working or it will collapse on itself. I can't tell you how it feels to almost be there and crap happens. I'll detail this story later, but to everyone hang in there, and be adaptive. It does not end with a few failures, its simply a lesson on what not to repeat.
I'm a former electrical/mechanical engineer and now a entrepreneur. I've always wanted to be an inventor like tesla and edison. I fooled myself into thinking I can do it under the wing of some company, and I learned the hard way how futile it was. Plus I learned that if you have passive income, you can experiment with any idea without worry that failure will bankrupt you back into a menial career.
I'm hear to redline, and I looking to meet other redliners!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?



