The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a nondrinker and I'm happy! (How I got the devil off my back) Ps. Wasn't hard!

Anything related to matters of the mind

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I'm 28, started drinking when I was 16, I wanted to be cool like all my favorite characters in movies, and wanted to party like every other "high school house party scene" I've seen, more so.. I wanted to prove to the world, that I'm grown up, that I can handle slamming a bottle of Jack, and! That I will like it..

Talk about being brainwashed!

Fast forward a few years, I truly was a master of cocktails, I loved them all and was getting great at discerning the different properties in the liquors, I thought of myself as a connoisseur... But really I just drank so often that I needed a variety, to mask the fact I knew I was an addict.

By the grace of god, I didn't kill my friend in a crash or busted a few other times, of course, that didn't stop me. In my youth, I felt invincible, in my mid 20's I tried to slow down MANY times but found it futile, and just leaned into it more. While I was working as a product engineer, team lead actually. I found I needed a touch of bourbon in my morning coffee, and couldn't wait till lunchtime and after-work drinks with the guys. I thought I needed it because of the work stress, and romanticized the aspect a bit since I was Don Draper Jr.

Getting serious with my SO, led me to quit cold turkey for 3 months.. I felt better than ever! So much energy!!! The euphoric thoughts kept my mind on "Celebrating" Just one victorious Old Fashioned (My drink of choice)... And.. back to square one. I knew quitting was possible, but why live a boring life with temptation around every corner? At least I was down to a 6 pack a day...

Took a month off, to slim down as we got married.. Drank after but again not as heavy.. Still found traveling and exploring to be more enjoyable with a slight buzz, also a drink at the end of the day to relax did wonders.

I'm not sure what really changed, maybe it was the reality that I'm a husband, and want to be a father... I need to be better, and can't be with a rotted liver, and dependent on a drug.

Allen Carr's "The Easyway" To stop drinking without willpower... WOW. Was that an accurate title! It shatters your beliefs, it shows you how alcohol is no different than heroin. And exposes the massive brainwashing that I was under. Been 6 months or so, and I still go to plenty of parties, happily check out the oldest pubs in cities while exploring, and have no fear walking down the liquor aisle at the supermarket. Not phased by others drinking in front of me.. Why?

Because I know the truth. Alcohol provides NO benefits to you, so why take the risk of consuming it?

The book is on sale on Amazon for $15 I think, about the price of a high-end cocktail. Stop the brainwashing, learn the truth.

Ps. Do the math on how much money I've been saving.. Between that, a clear head, and tons of energy... I'm almost done building my Fastlane business I started 3 months ago. SHA-BAM!!!!!! Cheers guys!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Congratulations! Reading this makes me happy that people are waking up to their addictions and fighting to overcome it

Tom Fitzgerald

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jan 23, 2021
Maryland
I'm 28, started drinking when I was 16, I wanted to be cool like all my favorite characters in movies, and wanted to party like every other "high school house party scene" I've seen, more so.. I wanted to prove to the world, that I'm grown up, that I can handle slamming a bottle of Jack, and! That I will like it..

Talk about being brainwashed!

Fast forward a few years, I truly was a master of cocktails, I loved them all and was getting great at discerning the different properties in the liquors, I thought of myself as a connoisseur... But really I just drank so often that I needed a variety, to mask the fact I knew I was an addict.

By the grace of god, I didn't kill my friend in a crash or busted a few other times, of course, that didn't stop me. In my youth, I felt invincible, in my mid 20's I tried to slow down MANY times but found it futile, and just leaned into it more. While I was working as a product engineer, team lead actually. I found I needed a touch of bourbon in my morning coffee, and couldn't wait till lunchtime and after-work drinks with the guys. I thought I needed it because of the work stress, and romanticized the aspect a bit since I was Don Draper Jr.

Getting serious with my SO, led me to quit cold turkey for 3 months.. I felt better than ever! So much energy!!! The euphoric thoughts kept my mind on "Celebrating" Just one victorious Old Fashioned (My drink of choice)... And.. back to square one. I knew quitting was possible, but why live a boring life with temptation around every corner? At least I was down to a 6 pack a day...

Took a month off, to slim down as we got married.. Drank after but again not as heavy.. Still found traveling and exploring to be more enjoyable with a slight buzz, also a drink at the end of the day to relax did wonders.

I'm not sure what really changed, maybe it was the reality that I'm a husband, and want to be a father... I need to be better, and can't be with a rotted liver, and dependent on a drug.

Allen Carr's "The Easyway" To stop drinking without willpower... WOW. Was that an accurate title! It shatters your beliefs, it shows you how alcohol is no different than heroin. And exposes the massive brainwashing that I was under. Been 6 months or so, and I still go to plenty of parties, happily check out the oldest pubs in cities while exploring, and have no fear walking down the liquor aisle at the supermarket. Not phased by others drinking in front of me.. Why?

Because I know the truth. Alcohol provides NO benefits to you, so why take the risk of consuming it?

The book is on sale on Amazon for $15 I think, about the price of a high-end cocktail. Stop the brainwashing, learn the truth.

Ps. Do the math on how much money I've been saving.. Between that, a clear head, and tons of energy... I'm almost done building my Fastlane business I started 3 months ago. SHA-BAM!!!!!! Cheers guys!!
Awesome job, keep it up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.