Hi All,
I have introduced myself over half a year ago and since then I have mostly been lurking around on here and I have slowly been growing my business. Today I finally officially registered my business with the chamber of commerce and bought my domain name. In this post I will explain what I have done and what I'm doing.Have done:
I have imported a batch of 100 products in the past which i bind in a package of 2 pieces giving me 50 products to sell. They sold quite fast so that I sold out in about 3 months and left me without any stock. I have now imported another batch of 500 pieces this month for about 1.5 times the price of the initial batch. Markup on this product is is about 1000-1200% depending on how much I spend on packaging.
Currently:
Another product which I produce has very recently gotten a competitor which i’m not very happy with. The competitions product is slightly worse designed but the material that is used does give it a better finish. Also it’s priced at about 1/4th of what I ask for mine, although including shipping it’s about half (I offer free shipping).
Currently I sell my products on forums and eBay. Sales on the forums are slow and eBay has been picking up quite good since October last year. But the have almost completely dropped to zero since 2 weeks. I haven’t changed much other than adding listings. I'm quite confused and totally in the unknown why this has happened.
Yesterday I have been contacted by quite a big online retailer who is also very active on eBay. And he asked me if I would offer my product at wholesale if enough was purchased and what my terms are. I can figure out a price by using PatrickP’s write up on wholesale pricing but I have no idea what a normal mark up is in this industry.
Any tips or sharing experience on the wholesale part and the declining eBay sales are much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
