The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IG Account with 350K Followers

Marketing, social media, advertising

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hello Guys,
Someone sells me their IG account with 350k plus followers for about $3,000. It is a boxing IG, I am not the biggest fan of boxing, but I mean it would be nice to have the $2k-$3k he is claiming that he earns a month.

For all social media experts, what can one do with an IG acount that big ?

How can I find out if the followers are real ?

He is getting about 5k plus likes per post on some posts he gets 20 comments on some that are asking something like "Would you like to watch Mayweather fight Mcgregor again?" get about 50 comments plus

I am just curious about this, nothing serious but I mean if I grow the account to 1 million while earning $2k-$3k a month it would be nice, then sell it ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
It seems fishy to me.

If he's earning $2000-$3000 a month from the account, why would he sell it for $3000?
This right here. I don't know too much about eval's but if he only wants $3,000 it ain't making much if anything at all.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Sounds like a smoking deal!

Trust, but verify my friend.

You must be very stupid if you sell a $2k-$3k p/month rev. account for $3K.

So either he does not know what he's doing, or there is something more going on.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
This right here. I don't know too much about eval's but if he only wants $3,000 it ain't making much if anything at all.

Yes you guys are completely right, but what if he does not know how to add any value to it ? He has multiple accounts and according to him he is selling because he does not have time.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Verify. Ask for screen shots of his income and things like that. Any idiot can figure out that it's not worth it for him to sell a $3k/mo business for only $3k. Don't be fooled. He may be buying followers, likers, and commenters.

Look at the quality of the comments on his posts. Do they just say "cool!" or something simple and generic? Look at his followers - do they actually make their own posts? Do they look like legitimate accounts?

Do your research. If it seems too good to be true, it often is.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Its a classic scam where you pay, he gives you the account details, and then the account gets locked because the owner claims it was hacked or he changes the email address.

Thus you loose the 3k and he still has the account.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Verify. Ask for screen shots of his income and things like that. Any idiot can figure out that it's not worth it for him to sell a $3k/mo business for only $3k. Don't be fooled. He may be buying followers, likers, and commenters.

Look at the quality of the comments on his posts. Do they just say "cool!" or something simple and generic? Look at his followers - do they actually make their own posts? Do they look like legitimate accounts?

Do your research. If it seems too good to be true, it often is.

Doing that tomorrow, and your right i mean it will pay off in 1 month if it is true he is making $2k-$3k

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Its a classic scam where you pay, he gives you the account details, and then the account gets locked because the owner claims it was hacked or he changes the email address.

Thus you loose the 3k and he still has the account.

Indeed, many people are doing this, so be careful. You need to get the original email address that was used to create the account otherwise, he can get it back anytime.

Another reason why he may be selling is that the account is not growing anymore. Check the SocialBlade stats and see how many new followers he gained in the last 30 days. If you want to see that he truly makes money from the account, follow the page and see if he posts ads whatsoever. I would guess that's how he makes $3k monthly.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Indeed, many people are doing this, so be careful. You need to get the original email address that was used to create the account otherwise, he can get it back anytime.

Another reason why he may be selling is that the account is not growing anymore. Check the SocialBlade stats and see how many new followers he gained in the last 30 days. If you want to see that he truly makes money from the account, follow the page and see if he posts ads whatsoever. I would guess that's how he makes $3k monthly.

You guys are right thats the thing that I am not sure how to protect myself, getting the original email so he wont later on get the account back. I was taking a look at his account through socialblade and it does not look as active as I thought.

Take a look below

Attachments

• IG ACCOUNT.jpg
    IG ACCOUNT.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 28

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Disnt read above posts. $3k for an insta page, are you nuts!?!? How do you know it’s not bots following the account or fake users!? Sounds like you are getting ripped off. Go run away quickly. Build your own account. Better yet you can send me $3k so i can get some snowboard gear

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Disnt read above posts. $3k for an insta page, are you nuts!?!? How do you know it’s not bots following the account or fake users!? Sounds like you are getting ripped off. Go run away quickly. Build your own account.

I tried building mine, but it doesn't grow an more. I am at 5.5k followers, its because it is personal. I need to get myself an exotic car, you know the whole insta rich or whatever life. People like seeing that crap

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I tried building mine, but it doesn't grow an more. I am at 5.5k followers, its because it is personal. I need to get myself an exotic car, you know the whole insta rich or whatever life. People like seeing that crap
Those niches like luxury living with tons of followers are useless. Just a bunch of broke bums day dreaming away on instagram, if your plan is to market products to a niche like that you are taking a train to wasted time town and there is no refunds

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I am not an expert. In the meantime I’m building my account and have lots of real followers from my Facebook on Instagram, making sales and engaging your customers is a lot more important than having a big fake account and selling to a tiny percentage of those followers . Starbucks has a true organic following, do you think they are worried about getting followers? Read somewhere they spend no money on online advertising, not sure if that’s true though

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
You guys are right thats the thing that I am not sure how to protect myself, getting the original email so he wont later on get the account back. I was taking a look at his account through socialblade and it does not look as active as I thought.

Take a look below

My advice for you is to stay away from that account.

You can grow your personal account without the fancy exotic cars. What kind of content do you post? If it's high quality and targeted to a niche, you can build an engaging community. Having a strong personal brand is amazing because people trust you since you've already built rapport with them and they feel like they know you. This way they will be more likely to buy what you are selling.

You have to view your followers as real people, not just numbers. Imagine 500 of those 5500 people bought your online course for $499 just because they trust you. Or imagine 500 of those people attended your live event. That's a lot!

Hope something I wrote above makes sense to you, lol.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The numbers and people thing mentioned above is very important,

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California

Take a look below
Am I reading this correctly? Looks like the account is losing hundreds of followers a day?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
My initial thought is, no.

I've got an account with 100K followers, $0 made(followers does not always mean money).

It's not about the number of followers, but what the demographic is. My niche is all real, however, my account does not have much to sell that would work with the Instagram account itself.

If you don't have a strategy to make money, then I'd pass it up.

To check ask how his account is doing, ask him to send screenshots of the analytics that all business accounts have access too.

Check to see if the commenters are the same as other posts. 50 comments is pretty low for 350K followers though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.