The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you're not on twitter you're missing out

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Its amazing how people follow you because of who "you're" following. I mean, I think I'm a pretty smart gal but not one to really lead right now. Thats not what my followers think. All 60+, followed in the last 48 hours, without any kind of mass campaign or anything. It's pretty cool and addictive at the same time. So be careful. Also wanted to share this shoe money guest poster article. Twitter: techiediva82

5 Ways To Find & Acquire Customers On Twitter - ShoeMoney®

BTW - I did some remodeling on my Facebook page and decided to proudly display my Education status (TOILET UNIVERSITY). To my suprise, I was not alone. I noticed we have members here that are proud of their self-study education. I'm proud as well.:icon_super:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I've been getting into twitter lately and have about 200+ followers so far and following about 400 people.

Check out tweetdeck. It greatly increases the enjoyment of using twitter.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I've been getting into twitter lately and have about 200+ followers so far and following about 400 people.

Check out tweetdeck. It greatly increases the enjoyment of using twitter.

coool...your tweets must rock....:coolgleamA: btw I'v been noticing that there is like this "TWITTER COURTESY" where you thank followers. I haven't been thanking my followers enough. Its like a floodgate opens when you start tweeting. This is super coooool.

It would be cool if I could become a expert on twitter and create a gen y community of addicts. hmmmmmmmmmmmm pondering

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I don't bother thanking people for following. What you are seeing is an auto respond function, which I am against, because it is annoying (and some people use it just to advertise their site, which I am also against doing myself).

I don't think it's my quality of tweets (though I do try to offer more than just 'just got out of the shower').

One (very simple) strategy that I use is to go to a quality tweeter, go to who she or he is following then follow everyone on the list. It is a common courtesy to follow back anyone that follows you, so I've gained quite a few followers for that. Then I try to trim my list down by un-following anyone who isn't following me. There are a few 3rd party web apps that lets you look into these statistics. Twitter is definitely interesting and is great at instant spread of word. When the plane went down in buffalo recently the second it happened there was all kinds of chatter about it on twitter.

You can get real time, up to date conversations. Think of it as global water cooler chat.

here is me:

Twitter / CMCarlin

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
There are quite a few celebs and successful people on twitter. MC Hammer himself is very active on twitter and is a great follow. Ashton Kutcher is another. Dave mathews band. Trent reznor. Adrianne Curry. Tim Ferriss. Gary vaynerchuk.

And of course, all of the social media tech heads.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There are quite a few celebs and successful people on twitter. MC Hammer himself is very active on twitter and is a great follow. Ashton Kutcher is another. Dave mathews band. Trent reznor. Adrianne Curry. Tim Ferriss. Gary vaynerchuk.

LOL ..this reminds me of something that happened yesterday on twitter and it reached our HOT 97 radio station drama informer. She said that Perez Hilton and Noreaga had a fight on twitter...im like wtf...didnt even bother to follow but it was weird for her to come on the radio and say.........."BIG FIGHT ON TWITTER"..like totally geeeeked out.. LOL

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

I followed a AJ Vaynerchuk this morning...got his name from a young entrepreneurs website..Young Entrepreneurs Making Money Online

any relation?

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I have two accounts because I cannot really be myself on techiediva (a crazy fun street girl from Brooklyn) Thats why I have another account for my friends who know my other side and who doesn't really care for my geek speak. So its definitely a weird learning experience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been on Twitter for 1 month.

I am following ZERO and have ZERO followers. I guess I need to do something? Ha Ha:smx8:

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
lmao yea, twitter isn't really useful without anyone to follow. one tip:

check out Twitter Search to check out trending topics. For instance, The new Safari 4 was released today so I'm keeping up with all the 'gossip' of what people think about it. I did a search, and 2 minutes later twitter had over 800 updates on the subject.

Twitter can be used for so many different things, on of them is feedback on a certain topic.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
lmao yea, twitter isn't really useful without anyone to follow. one tip:

check out Twitter Search to check out trending topics. For instance, The new Safari 4 was released today so I'm keeping up with all the 'gossip' of what people think about it. I did a search, and 2 minutes later twitter had over 800 updates on the subject.

Twitter can be used for so many different things, on of them is feedback on a certain topic.

Thanks for the link.........cool tool...:hurray:

Found this article on a recent update.... The Psychology of Twitter http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/02/23/the-psychology-of-twitter/

ALso you can check out Trendpedia, similar to the twitter search but better http://www.trendpedia.com/

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Well I might as well share the other twitter tools that I know about:

TweetGrid - by jazzychad <-- look at multiple twitter streams based on keywords.

Tweepler (Tweepler.com) <-- to follow or not to follow, that is the question

DoesFollow - doesfollow.com - Find out who follows whom on Twitter <-- Does [username] follow [username]?

FriendOrFollow.com - Who's not following you back? Who aren't you following? <-- Who are you following that's not following you back? Who's following you that you're not following back?

There are actually a few that I can't remember. There is one follow that tells you certain milestones when you reach them (ie 200 followers). There is one follow that gives a bi-weekly report of your followers versus followees.

There are dozens of 3rd party apps for twitter.

And to bring this back for relevancy to this sub-forum, a lot of people are using twitter for personal branding. Even large corporations are embracing it. The other day I posted a gripe about H&R block. Next thing I know I received a reply from the official twitter feed of H&R block asking if they can solve my problems.

Too cool!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Woo hoo now I got 40 followers. Now I can see how this thing can manifest into an explosive wave ...

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If you are someone like me, who really really hate the crap Internet marketers who sell you nothing but free information for a big $, you will hate Twitter very much at first few months.

Ever since I dig into the twitter, I have met some great people all over the worlds who are just like me. So we connect and exchange very valuable information.

Twitter has since become my second resource after Google for searching information.

Now. I have over 1000 followers and followed over 1000 others. Most of time I only communicate few of them or check some interesting links. No in the world will be able to have time to read 13K+ twitter's tweets?

The number of follower won't make sense if you don't communicate or just simply talk to yourself. If you do reach out and find some interesting ppl you like, you will get a lot of great information.

dnuge3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2009
USA
I was actually just going to start a topic on this very subject. But, alas, I was beaten to it. Anyhow, twitter really does help you in a lot of ways that don't seem obvious at first. But, once you get better accustomed to it you will find an enormous value to it.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
No theres no official way, but some celeb accounts are real because either the celebs have admitted to it, or the twitter-verse authenticated it. You can tell which ones are most likely to be real from having 20k or so followers....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.