The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you were to have to spend one year in prison...

Anything related to matters of the mind

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
What would you do to further yourself and your entrepreneurial career in the time you are locked up?

How would you do it without access to the internet or books of your choice?

Personally, I would learn to meditate and perhaps think about ideas for products that the world needs or maybe work on a business plan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
What would you do to further yourself and your entrepreneurial career in the time you are locked up?

Personally, I would learn to meditate and perhaps think about ideas for products that the world needs or maybe work on a business plan.

Great Caesar's Ghost!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Learn how to hustle in prison . although in prison you dont make conventional paper money its currency they use in prison. Id learn how to fix prisoners problems , bring them value and become the wealthiest person in prison and im pretty sure those skills will carry me till i get out and then use them in real life.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Are you going away for a bit?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would do the accounts for the head of the prison. Fake an interest in rocks, get a small rock pic and then start a tunnel behind a huge poster. Once the tunnel was built I would wear the head of the prisons shoes, escape through a small pipe, empty out the bank accounts I had set up while doing the accountancy and make my way to Mexico.

[HASHTAG]#shawshank[/HASHTAG]

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
I would do sphincter exercises every minute of every day. I'm 5'7 and super cute so that would come in most handy.

It depends what prison your in, what crime you committed etc. My boy is locked up for a year up Maine and he said it's like a vacation (first time offender, non violent crime). All he does it watch tv and update his fb status.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Utilize the library. lol Information is available. They do this all the time.

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
I would have a list of things I'm thankful for and read them every day and night to stay positive and keep my mind strong.

I'd spend 1 hour a day lifting weights, if there's any additional time I'd also add in cardio.

I would jot down ideas in a notebook.

When shopping at the store, I'll buy whatever is low in stock and sell it to other inmates at a premium. Buying high and selling low as well.

My proceeds would be used for favors, occasional specialty meals, clothing and to have some guards "in the pocket" for my benefit.

I would read books on psychology/Nlp, investing, philosophy, communication, leadership, business

I'd come out looking like Chris Hemsworth in Thor

Selfy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 7, 2014
I'd write well-thought out novels and short stories. Send them through some1 I trust for publishing.

White Wolf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 7, 2016
There are several parallels between the criminal underworld and the realm of legitimate commerce:

• The importance of strategic partnerships (gangs) in order to protect interests and gain power. There is strength in numbers and vulnerability in solitude. A lone wolf can do little against a pack of hyenas.

• The importance of building and maintaining a strong brand (reputation). One instance of inconsistency will be noticed and threaten your interests. Never allow any disrespect or slander against your good name to go unpunished. If anyone tries to tarnish your reputation, take them to task immediately.

• The importance of fighting back. In any competitive environment, the weak get walked on and the strong fight their way to the top without exception. If someone tries to extort you, wrong you, bully you, or otherwise step on your toes, crush them decisively. You must not back down. If you acquiesce to them even in the slightest way, you will only expose yourself to further domination and invite further abuse from others who perceive your weakness.

• The importance of solvency. When you owe someone, they own you. Until you pay them, you are their slave. Never borrow unless you are certain that you will be solvent enough to pay back your liabilities in full.

• The importance of assertiveness. Many people in the 'outside world' lack the ability to assert themselves and be aggressive in getting what they want because they have never experienced real confrontation and danger. Such people often get coerced into unfair arrangements.

• The importance of never allowing others to break you. If you have the least bit of conviction and/or charisma, some people in life will make it their business to try to get you to cave in on your convictions. They envy your self-respect and want to force you to give it up. Never let them have that.

• The value of being useful and doing favours for others. It is better to be the upper hand than the lower hand. Finding ways to leverage your distinctive competencies to help others can put you in an advantageous position and allow you to call in favours.

• The importance of knowing how to work the system. The law has authority over you whether you like it or not. Respecting the authority of the law and its officers will make your life much easier. Rebelling will only provoke the law to remind you how powerless you are by humiliating you and taking what you have.

• The reality that self-interest lies at the heart of humanity and there are very few people who will not betray you for the right price or to protect their own interests.
While I personally have never been to prison and do not intend to go there, I know several people who have done time and grew up surrounded by criminals. Were I to go there, I would devote all of my time and effort into getting out as soon as possible. I would be on my best behaviour and actively seek out ways to reduce the length of my sentence, such as by being an active participant in the prison community through a neutral position that would allow me to gain favour and information from all sides (for example, a cook). I would avoid involving myself in further criminal activity at all costs and would treat both the guards and fellow inmates with respect. I would speak little and never say a bad word about anyone. I would spend my time reading, exercising, listening, and planning, and never allow the spare time and lack of resources to waste away my drive and/or discipline.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
smuggle things up my butt.
Gotta utilize that prison pocket.

Me? I' probably write a lot. After a year, I'd probably leave with a few thousand in the bank from all that glorious "passive" income. Use that to jumpstart a writing career, this time not under pen names.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.