The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you had to eliminate ONE thing that currently brings you stress as an entrepreneur, what would that be?

Anything related to matters of the mind
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted74396

Sorry to hear that! What are you doing to prepare?

My house is owned outright so there's a lot of capital tied up in it and I hate it here so I'm listing it Monday. Fingers crossed it sells quick and buyers aren't bothered by the virus. I'm hoping to find a buyer before it's widespread in the UK and get through the conveyancing process as quick as possible!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harry Waywell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 9, 2019
Warrington UK
My house is owned outright so there's a lot of capital tied up in it and I hate it here so I'm listing it Monday. Fingers crossed it sells quick and buyers aren't bothered by the virus. I'm hoping to find a buyer before it's widespread in the UK and get through the conveyancing process as quick as possible!
Wish you all the best with selling the house. I'm also in the UK, I don't think buyers will be bothered about the virus because it seems to be everywhere now anyway. Do you have anything in place to help you deal with this stress?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you had to eliminate ONE thing that currently brings you stress as an entrepreneur, what would that be?

I'd eliminate people who join this forum and post questions that aren't contributory of nature, but lead-getting, or for idea-extracting ... you know, because they read in some book somewhere that they can post an open ended question like "Hey, what do you struggle with?" and then build a business for it.

Yea, that brings me most stress and I'd love to eliminate that behavior here.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Comparing yourself to others, especially on YouTube/Social media. Makes you feel "behind" in life when in reality, that's not the case.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I would say my biggest stress as an entrepreneur is finding a place to put all these piles of cash.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I'll play.

So for any venture you run into some area where you just have to guess on some critical piece of info.

So , its stressful because you don't actually need a full consultants range of skills but unless you personally know someone in the business you get shot down asking.

example.

Whats it cost to insure a dolphin?

My uncles a big whig at an insurance agency and this was actually something he had to figure out once. So I know a guy.

Now imagine you had a business model and that came up as a factor in your plan. Where would you even go for that? Like it IS a thing , would you google "animal insurance firm" or try messaging random people on linkedin? , Ask on reddit and hope for the best?

So as business owners you run into these little minor detail problems and a lot of the time you just have to guess.

So OP for the business idea your hunting for it would be like , micro consulting meets private investigation I guess.

Whats it cost to build a custom manometer out of xyz material and I need it here in a month?

Does a taxidermist charge less for a bulk order? What if I provide the tiny 3 piece suits for the squirrels?

Can I launch something into space? Who do we call here nasa or spacex? Do I just go to "contact us" or do they have someone who handles that?

Endless examples. Not worth a full consultants time or fees but the kind of thing where a bpunty might suffice.

Heck come to think of it that could be the business. Someone posts the question and offers a bounty and you crowd source the answer (make it a website) then you the business owner take a cut.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
I'd eliminate people who join this forum and post questions that aren't contributory of nature, but lead-getting, or for idea-extracting ... you know, because they read in some book somewhere that they can post an open ended question like "Hey, what do you struggle with?" and then build a business for it.

I would eliminate any doubts that MJ DeMarco is the GOAT after reading this reply.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012

Hehe.. I thought it was just me. Very big "dr phil" vibe going on..

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Got any solutions for these issues @Harry Waywell or are you going to leave everyone hanging?!

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
When people whom you respected a great deal reveal more than you wanted to know.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Usually you get a PM when you reply to these kind of threads lol.

Ahhh, I’ve never participated before so I wasn’t sure how it went down, if he can solve Corona virus for @amp0193 and the Government for @Kak he’d damn well better share that with the rest of us!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
That dammed time line!
I can’t jump in time back and forth as I like it. That I would eliminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!