The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

If you had to eliminate ONE thing that currently brings you stress as an entrepreneur, what would that be?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear that! What are you doing to prepare?
My house is owned outright so there's a lot of capital tied up in it and I hate it here so I'm listing it Monday. Fingers crossed it sells quick and buyers aren't bothered by the virus. I'm hoping to find a buyer before it's widespread in the UK and get through the conveyancing process as quick as possible!

OP
OP
Harry Waywell

Harry Waywell

Contributor
Dec 9, 2019
Warrington UK
My house is owned outright so there's a lot of capital tied up in it and I hate it here so I'm listing it Monday. Fingers crossed it sells quick and buyers aren't bothered by the virus. I'm hoping to find a buyer before it's widespread in the UK and get through the conveyancing process as quick as possible!
Wish you all the best with selling the house. I'm also in the UK, I don't think buyers will be bothered about the virus because it seems to be everywhere now anyway. Do you have anything in place to help you deal with this stress?

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
If you had to eliminate ONE thing that currently brings you stress as an entrepreneur, what would that be?
I'd eliminate people who join this forum and post questions that aren't contributory of nature, but lead-getting, or for idea-extracting ... you know, because they read in some book somewhere that they can post an open ended question like "Hey, what do you struggle with?" and then build a business for it.

Yea, that brings me most stress and I'd love to eliminate that behavior here.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
I would say my biggest stress as an entrepreneur is finding a place to put all these piles of cash.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I would say my biggest stress as an entrepreneur is finding a place to put all these piles of cash.
Give Elon musk a call, I'm sure he can find a use

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Seattle
I get a lot of stress from rappers not using their influence properly to promote shows, do you have any solutions for me besides a drive by?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MHP368

Machine Learning Behavioral Driven Lead Gen
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I'll play.

So for any venture you run into some area where you just have to guess on some critical piece of info.

So , its stressful because you don't actually need a full consultants range of skills but unless you personally know someone in the business you get shot down asking.

example.

Whats it cost to insure a dolphin?

My uncles a big whig at an insurance agency and this was actually something he had to figure out once. So I know a guy.

Now imagine you had a business model and that came up as a factor in your plan. Where would you even go for that? Like it IS a thing , would you google "animal insurance firm" or try messaging random people on linkedin? , Ask on reddit and hope for the best?

So as business owners you run into these little minor detail problems and a lot of the time you just have to guess.

So OP for the business idea your hunting for it would be like , micro consulting meets private investigation I guess.

Whats it cost to build a custom manometer out of xyz material and I need it here in a month?

Does a taxidermist charge less for a bulk order? What if I provide the tiny 3 piece suits for the squirrels?

Can I launch something into space? Who do we call here nasa or spacex? Do I just go to "contact us" or do they have someone who handles that?

Endless examples. Not worth a full consultants time or fees but the kind of thing where a bpunty might suffice.

Heck come to think of it that could be the business. Someone posts the question and offers a bounty and you crowd source the answer (make it a website) then you the business owner take a cut.

Yzn

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
I'd eliminate people who join this forum and post questions that aren't contributory of nature, but lead-getting, or for idea-extracting ... you know, because they read in some book somewhere that they can post an open ended question like "Hey, what do you struggle with?" and then build a business for it.

I would eliminate any doubts that MJ DeMarco is the GOAT after reading this reply.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012

Hehe.. I thought it was just me. Very big "dr phil" vibe going on..

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Got any solutions for these issues @Harry Waywell or are you going to leave everyone hanging?!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Thats easy! Government.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Usually you get a PM when you reply to these kind of threads lol.
Ahhh, I’ve never participated before so I wasn’t sure how it went down, if he can solve Corona virus for @amp0193 and the Government for @Kak he’d damn well better share that with the rest of us!

Ing

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
That dammed time line!
I can’t jump in time back and forth as I like it. That I would eliminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hey @Simon Angel thanks for the write up. I think there is a ton of potential in all areas...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock