The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea for a new social network

Idea threads

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
Hello there, I’m new but I’m trying to don’t waste my time, I searched in other threads of social media but I don’t have seen something like this. However it’s a pair of weeks that I’ve been think about a new social network in which there is not follower or likes, but there’s like an union from twitter, tinder and instagram, let me explain:
When I read the MJ’s books I learned the fact that people love themselves and they are like us egoistic, so my idea was to create a site/app where someone can create their account with description, just like tinder with name age and other staff, when you post a pic the “satisfaction” become from people who talks about you, so it’s not like you have 1000 likes, but more like a notification on your phone like Hey, come here! 1000 people talk about you! You can post pic but there Is a time of 24 hours circa and then the pics disappear. You can also write your thoughts and with an algorithm you will be (obviously if you want) be in contact with people who write similar things. So if you write something like I’m really happy because I’ve traveled in Spain, and someone else write today I’m happy because I’m going to see in spain, a window from your phone can be something like: Hey this guy is coming where you have been, tell him what’s your advice! Sorry for the long post, right now I’m learning HTML, css and JavaScript to make things right, lemme know what are your thoughts! Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I don't see what differentiates this idea from current social networks. There are many and they all have variations of the mentioned features.

More important than learning how to make this, how will you get users? How will you finance it before you attract advertisers?

A social media platform is not exactly a great first project if you are learning web development.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
The only good idea here is connecting people based on what they said. But it is also negative, as it will create bigger echo chambers.
Likes are powerful, because it takes no effort, and is a good measurement of how good your post is compared to previous posts. If you need to comment, interaction on the platform will be low, and no business will want to put their ads there.

Maybe it's the next big thing, I don't know. But I don't see it.

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
I don't see what differentiates this idea from current social networks. There are many and they all have variations of the mentioned features.

More important than learning how to make this, how will you get users? How will you finance it before you attract advertisers?

A social media platform is not exactly a great first project if you are learning web development.
I think that the idea isn’t new but there are plenty app that have success out there and they are pretty stupid or generic, like Mj said I think that the execution will get the difference, you can take ask which is based on something really generic, but it’s very popular
For finance i really don’t know, I could pay the advertising at the beginning and try to create a lil bit of buzz and studying some marketing strategies

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Frankly, the world doesn't need a new social network. In time people will come to recognize that social media is as dangerous to one's mental health as smoking is to physical.

This is also a terrible idea for a beginner. You say that the difference will be execution. What history of execution do you have? This isn't meant to be a personal insult, despite how it may look. It's a plea for honest self reflection.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Id love a social network where people get one post a day and only 5 likes to give.

Asap_Luca

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2022
Frankly, the world doesn't need a new social network. In time people will come to recognize that social media is as dangerous to one's mental health as smoking is to physical.

This is also a terrible idea for a beginner. You say that the difference will be execution. What history of execution do you have? This isn't meant to be a personal insult, despite how it may look. It's a plea for honest self reflection.
I mean it’s just an idea right now so it’s difficult to say exactly how my execution should do, but of course If I am sure that this is the thing I really want to make it will be the best social network ever, the communication between the users will be very nice, the interface and every single detail, but like I’ve already say it’s just an idea for now.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 21, 2022
I mean it’s just an idea right now so it’s difficult to say exactly how my execution should do, but of course If I am sure that this is the thing I really want to make it will be the best social network ever, the communication between the users will be very nice, the interface and every single detail, but like I’ve already say it’s just an idea for now.
Well the best teacher is experience. Try it out and you'll learn what you did right what you didn't, what you should do next time, the pros and cons and all of your other current questions will be answered

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.