The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'd like to use a hosting company called BLUEHOST.

jins3714

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 6, 2019
South korea
Do you all use the website hosting company?
I'd like to use a hosting company called BLUEHOST. Is it okay? The purpose is to create a transaction relay website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
I moved the answer to its own thread:

Last edited:

jins3714

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 6, 2019
South korea
No. Do buy any hosting services owned by EIG. (They own both bluehost and hostgator) They're crap. But they pay handsome commissions for their affiliates. So they're recommended all over the web.Here is the full list :
thank you for your support

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
I use Bluehost and haven't had any customer service issues. Honestly, they don't really have customer service, just other users that offer to help. Anything I need to worry about since my site is hosted by them?

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
I've used several different hosts before, including Bluehost. Don't use them. 9/10 times when you use their support, you'll be chatting for an hour and they won't be able to solve your problem. Then they'll "escalate" your ticket. Then you wait 2-3 days for an answer that's only helpful half the time. The other half, you'll have to send back a response and wait several more days.

Plus, their hosting is clunky and broke several times while using it.

If you were looking at Bluehost for WordPress, then either use SiteGround or WP Engine. Both are great in my experience, though completely different. And SiteGround's customer support is the #1 support I've seen from a hosting company.

However, another alternative is to just buy a linux instance. That would require you to know how to create your site from scratch, but it's cheap and easy. One company I've had a great experience with is Vultr.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Highly recommend liquidweb

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Bluehost is horrible.
Customer service knows almost nothing about how to run a website. They must outsource and read from scripts.
They up-charge everything. They AUTO RENEW domains even if you set do not renew.
If you try to edit your A name, they make it more complicated then it needs to be.
and cloudfare doesn't like them!

If you need to upload files with FTP, they close your connection. Why? I don't know could not get a straight answer.
My panel came with SSH enabled : Read and write access enabled for a random account created. can you say SECURITY RISK!?
After I contacted them about it they did not respond to the ticket, deleted the ticket and removed the SSH.

By removed SSH I mean disabled SSH on my account.
Their SMTP wont send emails.

They do not support backups. Not that you should use your host as a backup solution, but the fact they have ZERO RESTORE FUNCTION for all of their users is insanity.

Nope. Not recommended.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Wow... been using BlueHost and actually put around 4 or 5 clients onto that platform. Thanks for the tips guys :oops:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
For cheap, siteground is great and their support has always been god damn amazing for me. But I've also heard good things about liquidweb.

If you have the money and aren't too familiar with hosting, Kinsta is probably the best.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
I remember reading how Pat Flynn was getting his commissions doubled by Blue Host for his performance multiple times, and salivating.

This would make a good poll.....promote anyway or take the high road.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
No. Don't buy into any hosting services owned by EIG. (They own both Bluehost and Hostgator) They're crap. But they pay handsome commissions for their affiliates. So they're recommended all over the web. Here is the full list of crap owned by them :
THIS x1000!

I use InMotionHosting for all my needs and they're wonderful (Not apart of EIG too which is a plus)

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Dreamhosts has been good to me for 3 years. They have various options at all levels of hosting. Their managed WordPress is good too. Faster than siteground when I've compared in the past.

Affiliates like Bluehost because they pay more. They don't care about giving you the best option. It's all about the dollars.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I'm looking to transfer my clients onto new hosting platforms because I'm looking to raise the bar in the quality of my offering whenever I can.

The ones that you guys have recommended are: Dreamhosts, Siteground (x2), LiquidWeb (x2), Kinsta (for beginners), WP Engine, and NameCheap.

I'll dig around and let you guys know which one I go with

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
I'm looking to transfer my clients onto new hosting platforms because I'm looking to raise the bar in the quality of my offering whenever I can.

The ones that you guys have recommended are: Dreamhosts, Siteground (x2), LiquidWeb (x2), Kinsta (for beginners), WP Engine, and NameCheap.

It's worth pointing out that most hosts offer a 30-day moneyback guarantee, meaning that you can go ahead and try one out practically for free before transferring your client's sites. Furthermore, many hosts have a free site-migration tool to make the transfer easy. So if you choose a host and don't like it, many will make switching to a new service easy.

Also, check out this thread by @Vairavan. At the top, there's a poll for the best hosting option.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
It's worth pointing out that most hosts offer a 30-day moneyback guarantee, meaning that you can go ahead and try one out practically for free before transferring your client's sites. Furthermore, many hosts have a free site-migration tool to make the transfer easy. So if you choose a host and don't like it, many will make switching to a new service easy.

Also, check out this thread by @Vairavan. At the top, there's a poll for the best hosting option.

View attachment 28078
Thanks so much!

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

I wouldn't say kinsta is for beginners in comparison to siteground and liquidweb.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
So yeah, did the research and decided to go with SiteGround simply because it had the most votes in the polls. I was considering among SG, InMotion, Cloudways, and Liquid Web.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

It's not helpful to remove your content from a thread just so you can use it to start one of your own.

That leaves this thread disjointed for anyone else who wants to follow it. Better to have the information in both places than delete the content here.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
It's not helpful to remove your content from a thread just so you can use it to start one of your own.

That leaves this thread disjointed for anyone else who wants to follow it. Better to have the information in both places than delete the content here.

Sorry. I won't do this next time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.