The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will not conform..

Anything related to matters of the mind

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
I am surrounded by slowlaners all day in my "real" job. Everyday it is a struggle to stick with the fastlane mindset so I come to the forum to reinforce that I will one day go fastlane and I will one day have financial freedom. I came across this quote today and wanted to share it here and also thank everyone here for keeping me going and sticking with the process of building my fastlane business everyday.

“I was not delivered into this world in defeat nor does failure flow through my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, walk, to merge with the sheep. I will not hear those who weep and complain for their thoughts are contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure…Is not my destiny.â€

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Ever heard the phrase ....

"Think like yourself but act like others?"

You are a social animal. Acting against the tide will just leave you alone and unmotivated.

Instead, keep your mouth shut, blend in, make allies, make friends, enjoy life and without anyone knowing fulfill your fastlane dream. When you're done, your facts, your deeds will talk for you.

Autonomust

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 27, 2011
Northeast PA
Welcome to the forums.

What are you planning to do to start your fastlane journey?

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Ever heard the phrase ....

"Think like yourself but act like others?"

You are a social animal. Acting against the tide will just leave you alone and unmotivated.

Instead, keep your mouth shut, blend in, make allies, make friends, enjoy life and without anyone knowing fulfill your fastlane dream. When you're done, your facts, your deeds will talk for you.

That's BS. That's just being a sheep, being an average man. Go do your research on the most successful people in history and you will know that 99% of them did exactly the opposite of what you're stating above.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm in the same boat. I have not a single person around me that has the same mindset but I easily brush off their words of discouragement as I know wealth is not an impossibility as they all see it. I have not taken much action yet but I am building funds to pursue my dreams and am educating myself with literature and reading around the forums.

D

DeletedUser394

It was a response to Matt, guess I should have quoted him in my response ;)

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I didn't specify friends either but i think ditching friends for having different outlooks on things isn't the greatest idea.

D

DeletedUser394

Never said ditch the old friends either (haha we've all misunderstood each other xD). You can find new friends and keep the old ones, but without actively pursuing new relationships nothing will change. (Unless one is content with staying the same.)

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA
Never said ditch the old friends either (haha we've all misunderstood each other xD). You can find new friends and keep the old ones, but without actively pursuing new relationships nothing will change. (Unless one is content with staying the same.)

I agree! And JAspinnato I know the feeling well. Depart from that path and burn all our bridges behind you! Network! This is huge! Find people out there who think like you do and interact with them. Talk with them. It took me too long to do this, but I have been making much more progress in my journey in doing this though I have just barely scratched the surface.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Sometimes it is indeed necessary to cut loose permanently from certain associations if they are not helping you in your journey. Every single person in life is either a positive influence or not.

To quote Jim Rohn, if one wishes to achieve greatly, "don't go where the 97% go. Don't do what they do. Don't talk like they talk. The 97% won't even take the time to refine their philosophy for a better life. Walk away."

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Well, it's kind of a given that the majority in a "job" environment are not going to be entrepreneurial. There's more of them found in crappy jobs, due to these jobs being much more unbearable.

Don't exactly know what you are after really, but it's simple:

Talk about your ideas and ask people if they would buy what you are planning to sell. Pick the idea that most said they would buy and go to the people that already have distribution channels built up and sell them onto your product and hustle some pre-orders. Implement in your spare time and use pre-orders to get deals, funding, product made... Fulfil pre-orders and sell more to pre-order channels and acquire new ones.

It is simple, just not as simple to implement.

Tyler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 22, 2011
Same boat here wrt to coworkers. I can ignore most of them, but my biggest challenge is having a slow lane spouse. I've given up trying to convert her to fast lane thinking, but I've least convinced her to let me continue various entrepreneurial pursuits.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Tyler. That's a HUGE challenge. I think maybe the only reason that I have been able to climb the mountains that I have climbed thus far is because my wife has been my climbing partner.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Same boat here wrt to coworkers. I can ignore most of them, but my biggest challenge is having a slow lane spouse. I've given up trying to convert her to fast lane thinking, but I've least convinced her to let me continue various entrepreneurial pursuits.

You cannot reverse a lifetime of brainwashing, especially if you do not hold enough authority. As soon as you "prove" that your fastlane ideas are producing a substantial income, she just might change her views.

I've least convinced her to let me continue various entrepreneurial pursuits.

What do you mean by "let me"? Excuse me for saying it, but it has to be said, even if I get flamed for it or being accused as "mean": She is your spouse not your mother and you are a grown man.

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
You cannot reverse a lifetime of brainwashing, especially if you do not hold enough authority. As soon as you "prove" that your fastlane ideas are producing a substantial income, she might change her views.

Everybody is a hater during the process until they see the event and then they're like "why didn't I think of that?"

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
That's BS. That's just being a sheep, being an average man. Go do your research on the most successful people in history and you will know that 99% of them did exactly the opposite of what you're stating above.

Really?

It's really hard to build a power house when you are different from everyone else. Admit it or not, you need other people. And I've stated, act like others, do like yourself.

If you reform too much, too fast, you'll get Resistance from those who must help you to achieve your goal.

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA

Really?

It's really hard to build a power house when you are different from everyone else. Admit it or not, you need other people. And I've stated, act like others, do like yourself.

If you reform too much, too fast, you'll get Resistance from those who must help you to achieve your goal.

It is key who you partner with - that's the difference. Like napoleon Hill's "Master Mind". I believe you DO have to separate yourself to the degree that you guard yourself against negative influences. I think that the destinction is there.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe

You don't build "a powerhouse" as you say by having your non-entrepreneurial co-workers in on the projects, do you? Marketing should be subjected to what the majority think and how they respond, BUT you sure should not change your behaviour to suit others. Hang out more with others that are entrepreneurial if that is what you crave.

Why would you even want to convince others little by little to be entrepreneurial - you don't want more competition and a reduced labour pool, now do you :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.