The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want more.

Avalokite

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

Been living the scripted life now for far to long, trying to follow the slow lane as its what was sold me, and I brought it.
I'd had my taste of unscripted , when I was younger, and while not making money, cycled across Europe (its a great feeling not know what day it is) went to base camp of Everest, and travelled for a year, best experience ever, and to me I guess looking back that was an unscripted life. It was good, I loved that life. But I came back to debt. Brought into the scripted life, got a few decent jobs, could save a little, paid off my debt, then (I guess missing the life I had) I emigrated. Another big adventure. Just me, new city, new country. set myself up, and again settled into a scripted life. settled even more, got married, had two great kids, then another upheaval moved interstate, (pretty much the same as moving to a different country) got back on the scripted lifestyle. Few years of day to day, got made redundant. Ok chance for a change, back to Uni, retrained New career. Better suited to lifestyle. Still the scripted lifestyle, kept saving as prescribed. Then nearly 10 years in separation. scripted promises broken. I took a year away, moved back to my home country with my kids and worked. Hardest working year of my life, up at 4.30am, cooking, cleaning, working, raising kids, asleep by 11pm.
I am now a middle aged single dad raising two kids and I have had my biggest FU moment. I have read the fast lane book and finishing Unscripted now. I am not in time rich position, I need to act now, I have never run a business, I have no idea about how to start one. in 9 weeks time I return to my adopted country and back into a life I moved half way around the world too. In that time I have decided to fix my health, get fitter and loose the middle aged gut. I am not on a diet, but a change in my life style, massive change. I have made changes to my food, my exercise regime. I feel better, I see myself as the person I want to be now. This is not going to stop until I get my echo and reassess where I am.
When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start, and as I listened to today to unscripted in the car, you don't know what you need to take in to the wood till you get there. I will assess, learn and solve the problems as I go.
To finish up, I am grateful for the life I have had, but I can see it for what it is, scripted. I look at my kids, and I do not want them living the scripted life, and the best way for me to show them, is by stop living it myself. I want more for me, and for them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Hi,

Been living the scripted life now for far to long, trying to follow the slow lane as its what was sold me, and I brought it.
I'd had my taste of unscripted , when I was younger, and while not making money, cycled across Europe (its a great feeling not know what day it is) went to base camp of Everest, and travelled for a year, best experience ever, and to me I guess looking back that was an unscripted life. It was good, I loved that life. But I came back to debt. Brought into the scripted life, got a few decent jobs, could save a little, paid off my debt, then (I guess missing the life I had) I emigrated. Another big adventure. Just me, new city, new country. set myself up, and again settled into a scripted life. settled even more, got married, had two great kids, then another upheaval moved interstate, (pretty much the same as moving to a different country) got back on the scripted lifestyle. Few years of day to day, got made redundant. Ok chance for a change, back to Uni, retrained New career. Better suited to lifestyle. Still the scripted lifestyle, kept saving as prescribed. Then nearly 10 years in separation. scripted promises broken. I took a year away, moved back to my home country with my kids and worked. Hardest working year of my life, up at 4.30am, cooking, cleaning, working, raising kids, asleep by 11pm.
I am now a middle aged single dad raising two kids and I have had my biggest FU moment. I have read the fast lane book and finishing Unscripted now. I am not in time rich position, I need to act now, I have never run a business, I have no idea about how to start one. in 9 weeks time I return to my adopted country and back into a life I moved half way around the world too. In that time I have decided to fix my health, get fitter and loose the middle aged gut. I am not on a diet, but a change in my life style, massive change. I have made changes to my food, my exercise regime. I feel better, I see myself as the person I want to be now. This is not going to stop until I get my echo and reassess where I am.
When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start, and as I listened to today to unscripted in the car, you don't know what you need to take in to the wood till you get there. I will assess, learn and solve the problems as I go.
To finish up, I am grateful for the life I have had, but I can see it for what it is, scripted. I look at my kids, and I do not want them living the scripted life, and the best way for me to show them, is by stop living it myself. I want more for me, and for them.

Great intro! You have the right mindset too that it doesn’t have to be a home run right away, but simply a start. Welcome.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hi,

Welcome to the Fastlane community, and thanks for sharing your story.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Welcome @Avalokite! Love your focus right now, get yourself right, get fit physically, mentally, and don't worry if the first venture isn't scalable, start serving your market with tutoring and keep your eyes and ears open to the opportunities it presents!

Cycling around Europe sounds incredible, I travelled around Europe in a camper car and never felt freedom like it, no days, no obligations, just cruise around and take it all in. Bliss!

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
Stick around here, learn some new ideas, see how others are doing it, make a plan, and GET AFTER IT! You can do it. You CAN figure it out!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Middle aged single dad? The wife and I just had our first kid, and I can't imagine doing this on my own.

I like the attitude of just starting where you are (tutoring) and adapting as you go. I think too many folks around here get caught up in analysis paralysis.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Middle aged single dad? The wife and I just had our first kid, and I can't imagine doing this on my own.

I like the attitude of just starting where you are (tutoring) and adapting as you go. I think too many folks around here get caught up in analysis paralysis.
Right. Children are the most ... consuming responsibility.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, thanks for the introduction. Glad the books were helpful.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Thanks for the intro and welcome to the Forum.

When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start

Tutoring can totally scale. In theory its very easy.

1.) Take on more clients than you could handle yourself.
2.) Hire skilled tutors to fulfill your service obligations.

It is infinitely scalable if you chose to create an online platform.

I just think you have the wrong starting point if you are going into something not believing it will take you where you need to go. Now if the plan was to do something unscalable to make money to invest in some other idea that was scalable, that's a whole different ball game.

Avalokite

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for all the positive comments.
The healthily lifestyle has already had its first echo. Gotta to give credit the unscripted is right that first echo, and you want more. More focused now than before. Still counting down the weeks till I return to my adopted country. Planning out my steps when I get back. Have now organised my time to spend some time here each week picking up ideas and motivation. Rest of my free time is going to be hitting the books to ensure my skills are up to it! As soon as I get back I am going to be chasing that first client.
Thanks again for the welcome.

Avalokite

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 27, 2018

It's tough with two kids, you feel you are chasing your tail, but you really begin to understand how important time is. Time with them, time for work and learning things. You soon cut out all the things you'd do to fill your time with unproductive actions. I know the work put in now to the kids and my venture will pay off.

Avalokite

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 27, 2018
I thought I would update to where I am now, about 5 months after I initially posted.

I am back in my adopted country, back in the same town, just me and my two kids, now 10 and 11 yrs old. Back at previous job. My FT moment I had back in October has kept me focused. I have lost 10kg/22lbs of weight, can now run 5 K (3.1 miles) in under 23 minutes. I have trained everyday, by getting up at 4:30am and working out for about 1hr. I have changed my eating habits (not calling a diet as they don't last). I have entered myself into a local 100K (62 mile) triathlon race in November, I have only completed in 1 triathlon 18 years ago which was 10K (6 miles) so aiming high! I have also started tutoring, registered a business name, and started to learn all the legal/accounting ins and out of what I need to have to show each year. The need for tutoring in my home town is large, with more possible clients that I could possibly manage currently. I am looking to get a group of other possible tutors together to help fill that need, and and I am looking at creating some apps to help with tutoring.
I can see the next few years that I am going to be a very busy person, juggling my work, my lifestyle, running a house with kids and their needs,keeping fit, and keeping my tutoring going, while learning more skills to grow the business. The aim being to stop work and focus on the business, be it tutoring or making the apps to help tutoring.
I sometimes do check the forum, but not as often as I should, and it's one thing that I need to do, as reading about others success's and ideas certainly puts fire back into my FT moment.
The hardest thing to handle is the urge at times to head back to the old lifestyle. Giving myself time to watch crap tv, and eat crap as I 'earnt' that by having a tough day. Its really hard to drag yourself out of a warm bed to put myself through physical pain (no other way to describe exercise really!). Its easy to be tempted by going out for beer and pizza on a friday like everyone else and wrecking all the weeks hard work.. (I can hear my brain giving me the excuses now). I have slipped a few times along the way, but regained my focus, revisited my FT moment. and I am seeing the benefits.

Not sure if as I am a late starter (48 yrs old) if I can make my millions, but I'd rather be aiming for it then just rolling over and waiting for that final pay check.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...