• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO I want more.

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Avalokite, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Avalokite

Avalokite New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Hi,

Been living the scripted life now for far to long, trying to follow the slow lane as its what was sold me, and I brought it.
    I'd had my taste of unscripted, when I was younger, and while not making money, cycled across Europe (its a great feeling not know what day it is) went to base camp of Everest, and travelled for a year, best experience ever, and to me I guess looking back that was an unscripted life. It was good, I loved that life. But I came back to debt. Brought into the scripted life, got a few decent jobs, could save a little, paid off my debt, then (I guess missing the life I had) I emigrated. Another big adventure. Just me, new city, new country. set myself up, and again settled into a scripted life. settled even more, got married, had two great kids, then another upheaval moved interstate, (pretty much the same as moving to a different country) got back on the scripted lifestyle. Few years of day to day, got made redundant. Ok chance for a change, back to Uni, retrained New career. Better suited to lifestyle. Still the scripted lifestyle, kept saving as prescribed. Then nearly 10 years in separation. scripted promises broken. I took a year away, moved back to my home country with my kids and worked. Hardest working year of my life, up at 4.30am, cooking, cleaning, working, raising kids, asleep by 11pm.
    I am now a middle aged single dad raising two kids and I have had my biggest FU moment. I have read the fast lane book and finishing Unscripted now. I am not in time rich position, I need to act now, I have never run a business, I have no idea about how to start one. in 9 weeks time I return to my adopted country and back into a life I moved half way around the world too. In that time I have decided to fix my health, get fitter and loose the middle aged gut. I am not on a diet, but a change in my life style, massive change. I have made changes to my food, my exercise regime. I feel better, I see myself as the person I want to be now. This is not going to stop until I get my echo and reassess where I am.
    When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start, and as I listened to today to unscripted in the car, you don't know what you need to take in to the wood till you get there. I will assess, learn and solve the problems as I go.
    To finish up, I am grateful for the life I have had, but I can see it for what it is, scripted. I look at my kids, and I do not want them living the scripted life, and the best way for me to show them, is by stop living it myself. I want more for me, and for them.

Mr.C, JamItFast, Enki and 13 others like this.
  2. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,733
    Great intro! You have the right mindset too that it doesn’t have to be a home run right away, but simply a start. Welcome.

Avalokite and SteveO like this.
  3. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,013
    Welcome to the Fastlane community, and thanks for sharing your story.

Avalokite likes this.
  4. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,456
    Welcome @Avalokite! Love your focus right now, get yourself right, get fit physically, mentally, and don't worry if the first venture isn't scalable, start serving your market with tutoring and keep your eyes and ears open to the opportunities it presents!

Cycling around Europe sounds incredible, I travelled around Europe in a camper car and never felt freedom like it, no days, no obligations, just cruise around and take it all in. Bliss!

Avalokite likes this.
  5. Dmoneyzzz

Dmoneyzzz New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Stick around here, learn some new ideas, see how others are doing it, make a plan, and GET AFTER IT! You can do it. You CAN figure it out!

Avalokite likes this.
  6. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,993
    Middle aged single dad? The wife and I just had our first kid, and I can't imagine doing this on my own.

I like the attitude of just starting where you are (tutoring) and adapting as you go. I think too many folks around here get caught up in analysis paralysis.

Avalokite and MTEE1985 like this.
  7. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,028
    Right. Children are the most ... consuming responsibility.

lowtek likes this.
  8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,399
    Admin Post
    Welcome my friend, thanks for the introduction. Glad the books were helpful.

9. Enki

Enki on-ramp Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,147
    Thanks for the intro and welcome to the Forum.

Tutoring can totally scale. In theory its very easy.

1.) Take on more clients than you could handle yourself.
    2.) Hire skilled tutors to fulfill your service obligations.

It is infinitely scalable if you chose to create an online platform.

I just think you have the wrong starting point if you are going into something not believing it will take you where you need to go. Now if the plan was to do something unscalable to make money to invest in some other idea that was scalable, that's a whole different ball game.

10. Avalokite

Rep Bank:
    $86
    Thanks for all the positive comments.
    The healthily lifestyle has already had its first echo. Gotta to give credit the unscripted is right that first echo, and you want more. More focused now than before. Still counting down the weeks till I return to my adopted country. Planning out my steps when I get back. Have now organised my time to spend some time here each week picking up ideas and motivation. Rest of my free time is going to be hitting the books to ensure my skills are up to it! As soon as I get back I am going to be chasing that first client.
    Thanks again for the welcome.

11. Avalokite

Rep Bank:
    $86
    It's tough with two kids, you feel you are chasing your tail, but you really begin to understand how important time is. Time with them, time for work and learning things. You soon cut out all the things you'd do to fill your time with unproductive actions. I know the work put in now to the kids and my venture will pay off.

lowtek likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.