The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

I want more.

Avalokite

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

Been living the scripted life now for far to long, trying to follow the slow lane as its what was sold me, and I brought it.
I'd had my taste of unscripted , when I was younger, and while not making money, cycled across Europe (its a great feeling not know what day it is) went to base camp of Everest, and travelled for a year, best experience ever, and to me I guess looking back that was an unscripted life. It was good, I loved that life. But I came back to debt. Brought into the scripted life, got a few decent jobs, could save a little, paid off my debt, then (I guess missing the life I had) I emigrated. Another big adventure. Just me, new city, new country. set myself up, and again settled into a scripted life. settled even more, got married, had two great kids, then another upheaval moved interstate, (pretty much the same as moving to a different country) got back on the scripted lifestyle. Few years of day to day, got made redundant. Ok chance for a change, back to Uni, retrained New career. Better suited to lifestyle. Still the scripted lifestyle, kept saving as prescribed. Then nearly 10 years in separation. scripted promises broken. I took a year away, moved back to my home country with my kids and worked. Hardest working year of my life, up at 4.30am, cooking, cleaning, working, raising kids, asleep by 11pm.
I am now a middle aged single dad raising two kids and I have had my biggest FU moment. I have read the fast lane book and finishing Unscripted now. I am not in time rich position, I need to act now, I have never run a business, I have no idea about how to start one. in 9 weeks time I return to my adopted country and back into a life I moved half way around the world too. In that time I have decided to fix my health, get fitter and loose the middle aged gut. I am not on a diet, but a change in my life style, massive change. I have made changes to my food, my exercise regime. I feel better, I see myself as the person I want to be now. This is not going to stop until I get my echo and reassess where I am.
When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start, and as I listened to today to unscripted in the car, you don't know what you need to take in to the wood till you get there. I will assess, learn and solve the problems as I go.
To finish up, I am grateful for the life I have had, but I can see it for what it is, scripted. I look at my kids, and I do not want them living the scripted life, and the best way for me to show them, is by stop living it myself. I want more for me, and for them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
426%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Hi,

Been living the scripted life now for far to long, trying to follow the slow lane as its what was sold me, and I brought it.
I'd had my taste of unscripted , when I was younger, and while not making money, cycled across Europe (its a great feeling not know what day it is) went to base camp of Everest, and travelled for a year, best experience ever, and to me I guess looking back that was an unscripted life. It was good, I loved that life. But I came back to debt. Brought into the scripted life, got a few decent jobs, could save a little, paid off my debt, then (I guess missing the life I had) I emigrated. Another big adventure. Just me, new city, new country. set myself up, and again settled into a scripted life. settled even more, got married, had two great kids, then another upheaval moved interstate, (pretty much the same as moving to a different country) got back on the scripted lifestyle. Few years of day to day, got made redundant. Ok chance for a change, back to Uni, retrained New career. Better suited to lifestyle. Still the scripted lifestyle, kept saving as prescribed. Then nearly 10 years in separation. scripted promises broken. I took a year away, moved back to my home country with my kids and worked. Hardest working year of my life, up at 4.30am, cooking, cleaning, working, raising kids, asleep by 11pm.
I am now a middle aged single dad raising two kids and I have had my biggest FU moment. I have read the fast lane book and finishing Unscripted now. I am not in time rich position, I need to act now, I have never run a business, I have no idea about how to start one. in 9 weeks time I return to my adopted country and back into a life I moved half way around the world too. In that time I have decided to fix my health, get fitter and loose the middle aged gut. I am not on a diet, but a change in my life style, massive change. I have made changes to my food, my exercise regime. I feel better, I see myself as the person I want to be now. This is not going to stop until I get my echo and reassess where I am.
When I return, I am going to start a business, tutoring, it may not be scalable, it wont make me financially free, and it sure is not passive, but its my start, and as I listened to today to unscripted in the car, you don't know what you need to take in to the wood till you get there. I will assess, learn and solve the problems as I go.
To finish up, I am grateful for the life I have had, but I can see it for what it is, scripted. I look at my kids, and I do not want them living the scripted life, and the best way for me to show them, is by stop living it myself. I want more for me, and for them.

Great intro! You have the right mindset too that it doesn’t have to be a home run right away, but simply a start. Welcome.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hi,

Welcome to the Fastlane community, and thanks for sharing your story.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...