The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I tried DMT last week

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Last week I did DMT for the first time

Got it from a friend in a vape cartridge, had my best friend over, and smoked it.

I took a hit, and couldn't tell how much was actually going into my lungs. I held my breath for 10 seconds and let it all out. A LOT of smoke came out and I tasted just how much I had breathed in. "Oh boy...yeah that was a lot"

Something started to hit me and whatever it was hit me like a ton of bricks, I took two more moderate hits.

It made me feel like it wanted to take me somewhere and I didn't have a choice. Like I was on a ride but the ride wasn't a machine. My first thought was "At least my friend gave me real stuff".

The grain of the wood floor in my living room became 100 times more intense and patterned, and was moving and spinning in geometric patterns. "F*cking wild! They weren't kidding about this stuff" My heart rate jumped up, and everything was more intense, but I couldn't put together a sentence or move much. I looked at my left hand and wiggled my fingers and they moved faster than I could see. "Woah".

I sunk into the couch and lost feeling of my body. It wasn't numb, I just didn't have much of a body anymore. My "conscience" moved into my head, and as I looked up and closed my eyes without trying to, I "went" somewhere. I didn't feel like I had a body anymore, or that there was any sense of time. It wasn't the cliche "a second felt like an hour", it actually didn't take long looking back, I just wasn't able to understand time anymore. Noticing time or that I had a body was like asking someone who is headbanging at a rock concert if they noticed their zipper being down. It wasn't on the radar anymore.

As my eyes closed I immediately was in a tunnel of bright, warm colored spinning geometric shapes. Almost shaped like Rotini (spiral pasta) but they were spinning around each other in like 10 different types of symmetry. They were in groups and the groups were spinning around other groups in symmetry too. They were pink, yellow and red.

I was moving through the tunnel with the music that was playing in my living room still playing. "Would a negative thought make this a negative experience?" and the colors turned RED. "Oh...I see" and I got my answer. I didn't worry...if I was going to have a "negative experience" then I accepted it. By accepting it the colors went right back to shades of more yellows and pinks. I see that happen a lot in life, that having fear is a great way to make the thing you're afraid of happening actually happen.

I stopped moving through the tunnel and it started rewinding, and now it felt more like a dream. I suddenly had this thought of "oh yeah, I'm a person" hit me, and I opened my eyes and realized that I was in my living room with my friend sitting on the loveseat next to the couch. I couldn't talk much for the next couple minutes. The most coherent thing I could say was "You'll love it, you gotta try it". His face looked weird and I could still see the faint spinning shapes if I closed my eyes, and the floor was still amazing. The room was a tint of green and it took a while for everything to become more normal. It felt like after going on a ride.

If you take it, you'll want to be able to talk about it, which makes it nicer if the person you do it with has done it or does it too after you're done. After I was done, he said "will I be good to drive home if I take it". "Yeah you'll be fine to drive after like 20 minutes" and he did about the same amount that I had taken. He sat back into the loveseat and closed his eyes and was smiling. He saw the same sort of stuff I had seen.

Overall, it was very cool, didn't last too long, and I recommend it. Take a hit of it, feel it come on strong, take another hit or two, and you'll probably enjoy it a lot. I guarantee you'll feel it and think "holy shit...this really is wild". I haven't taken a "full" dose yet so I cant tell you exactly what the full experience is like. I didn't talk to any beings or anything like that.

I'm neither a doctor nor an expert so be responsible for yourself, but I thought it was pretty cool.

It was a lot like this, except for the last part where it gets pretty wild is further than I got.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph4szaVTWSY&ab_channel=SymmetricVision

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did it change your perspective on life at all?

Or did you just see it as a drugs, being drugs?

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
You should watch, "Enter the Void" if you haven't already. I think you would appreciate it, especially when the MC takes a hit of DMT. It's similar to what you experienced.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Did it change your perspective on life at all?

It’s just a drug. A wild, crazy drug.

(edit: It’s nothing like the other ones though)

I absolutely know for a fact that anyone from an ancient civilization would take it and think they talked to God or something. I see what they’re talking about.

People say that taking it makes you believe more in a spiritual world and that the world we live in is less real than we think. All that crap...

If anything, it makes me believe in the real world more.

A nice effect was afterwards I became more aware of my surroundings in a detailed and appreciative way. I was outside the next day and took a mental note of how nice everything looked when you really look at it.

It won’t “reset” your brain or cause you to be a new person in my opinion.

It “could” change you I guess. But the same way anything else in life could change you. I feel like I “changed” a lot more when I climbed Mt. Rainier a few years ago for example.

I recommend it because 1. It’s a very very powerful and interesting thing to experience and it only takes a little bit of time. You’ll come out of it and say “that was F*cking cool”. Not that it’s totally recreational, but in a way, it is a bit.

(and hopefully) 2. You’ll realize that even though you just took arguably the most powerful hallucinogenic drug in existence, it’s not nearly as incredible as just being alive.

Some people say that it shows you what it’s like to die. I felt that my “soul” didn’t have a body and that there was no “me” anymore. But I feel that was just being so distracted with the experience instead of any “dying” going on. It’s still a cool experience. I’ve never really felt that death was all that scary. Maybe for others it’s a big deal when they experience it then but I just found it interesting.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You should watch, "Enter the Void" if you haven't already. I think you would appreciate it, especially when the MC takes a hit of DMT. It's similar to what you experienced.
The DMT scene in that looked pretty scary lol. If I had to describe the visuals accurately I would say it’s basically identical to the video I linked above in the first post

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
A nice effect was afterwards I became more aware of my surroundings in a detailed and appreciative way. I was outside the next day and took a mental note of how nice everything looked when you really look at it.
Hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse here, but would you say the experience had any effect on your self-awareness? I've been considering psychedelics for that reason but have been intimidated by stories about them.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse here, but would you say the experience had any effect on your self-awareness? I've been considering psychedelics for that reason but have been intimidated by stories about them.
Not really. I still recommend it

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
From my personal experimentation with it - I would add that one experience is not the same as the other. I've had experiences where it was milder like yours - mostly visual. I've also had experiences that were completely different - indescribably different. They made my first trips feel like a joke - like I had been simply dancing around with fractals on a surface level and never actually taken off.

If I had ruled it as a drug and nothing more than a drug, I would have possibly missed my later and much more impactful experiences. I couldn't say that I would be the person I am today had it not been for those specific trips.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
From my personal experimentation with it - I would add that one experience is not the same as the other. I've had experiences where it was milder like yours - mostly visual. I've also had experiences that were completely different - indescribably different. They made my first trips feel like a joke - like I had been simply dancing around with fractals on a surface level and never actually taken off.

If I had ruled it as a drug and nothing more than a drug, I would have possibly missed my later and much more impactful experiences. I couldn't say that I would be the person I am today had it not been for those specific trips.
I wonder too how the experience varies from substance to substance.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

What were you like before and what are you like now?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
What were you like before and what are you like now?

I was agitated, irritable, angry and confrontational, narcissistic, anxious, always worried about the future, and riddled with other traumas I've been carrying since my childhood. I was also completely unaware that my subconscious was manifesting any of that.

I still experience those emotions, but I am now hyper-aware of my sensations, my thoughts, my feelings and my movements. I've revisited many of my childhood traumas and have been able to carry my current understanding of the world with me. To offer the child version of me love and support while reliving traumas.

Pain and fear are subjective experiences - I've learned to explore my own fears and pains while making space for observation without judgement. DMT has allowed me to become more fearless and unapologetic.

I now trust my instincts unlike before when I was full of doubt - I let my intuition lead me every day and I humbly accept without hesitation.

The most important thing I learned was that I had access to the divine and the infinite within. That whatever so and so claimed, whatever doctor XYZ claimed, whatever the nobel laureate said, whatever expert in whatever domain had to say no longer mattered, because I could find my own truth within. This has been my most liberating realization in my life.

My DMT experiences have also helped me with my meditations: when I venture deep into stillness, the experience becomes just like my DMT experiences. The visual element, the sensations, the breathing, everything. And because I've sat long enough with those emotions, I can welcome them and pursue them deeper in my meditative state. No drugs - just breathing on the floor.

There is much more I can say on the topic - but this has been my first attempt at verbalizing profound experiences I'd not put words behind previously.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
How did it compare to LSD or mushrooms? (other than the description you gave).

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
A

Anon89296

Last week I did DMT for the first time

Got it from a friend in a vape cartridge, had my best friend over, and smoked it.

I took a hit, and couldn't tell how much was actually going into my lungs. I held my breath for 10 seconds and let it all out. A LOT of smoke came out and I tasted just how much I had breathed in. "Oh boy...yeah that was a lot"

Something started to hit me and whatever it was hit me like a ton of bricks, I took two more moderate hits.

It made me feel like it wanted to take me somewhere and I didn't have a choice. Like I was on a ride but the ride wasn't a machine. My first thought was "At least my friend gave me real stuff".

The grain of the wood floor in my living room became 100 times more intense and patterned, and was moving and spinning in geometric patterns. "F*cking wild! They weren't kidding about this stuff" My heart rate jumped up, and everything was more intense, but I couldn't put together a sentence or move much. I looked at my left hand and wiggled my fingers and they moved faster than I could see. "Woah".

I sunk into the couch and lost feeling of my body. It wasn't numb, I just didn't have much of a body anymore. My "conscience" moved into my head, and as I looked up and closed my eyes without trying to, I "went" somewhere. I didn't feel like I had a body anymore, or that there was any sense of time. It wasn't the cliche "a second felt like an hour", it actually didn't take long looking back, I just wasn't able to understand time anymore. Noticing time or that I had a body was like asking someone who is headbanging at a rock concert if they noticed their zipper being down. It wasn't on the radar anymore.

As my eyes closed I immediately was in a tunnel of bright, warm colored spinning geometric shapes. Almost shaped like Rotini (spiral pasta) but they were spinning around each other in like 10 different types of symmetry. They were in groups and the groups were spinning around other groups in symmetry too. They were pink, yellow and red.

I was moving through the tunnel with the music that was playing in my living room still playing. "Would a negative thought make this a negative experience?" and the colors turned RED. "Oh...I see" and I got my answer. I didn't worry...if I was going to have a "negative experience" then I accepted it. By accepting it the colors went right back to shades of more yellows and pinks. I see that happen a lot in life, that having fear is a great way to make the thing you're afraid of happening actually happen.

I stopped moving through the tunnel and it started rewinding, and now it felt more like a dream. I suddenly had this thought of "oh yeah, I'm a person" hit me, and I opened my eyes and realized that I was in my living room with my friend sitting on the loveseat next to the couch. I couldn't talk much for the next couple minutes. The most coherent thing I could say was "You'll love it, you gotta try it". His face looked weird and I could still see the faint spinning shapes if I closed my eyes, and the floor was still amazing. The room was a tint of green and it took a while for everything to become more normal. It felt like after going on a ride.

If you take it, you'll want to be able to talk about it, which makes it nicer if the person you do it with has done it or does it too after you're done. After I was done, he said "will I be good to drive home if I take it". "Yeah you'll be fine to drive after like 20 minutes" and he did about the same amount that I had taken. He sat back into the loveseat and closed his eyes and was smiling. He saw the same sort of stuff I had seen.

Overall, it was very cool, didn't last too long, and I recommend it. Take a hit of it, feel it come on strong, take another hit or two, and you'll probably enjoy it a lot. I guarantee you'll feel it and think "holy shit...this really is wild". I haven't taken a "full" dose yet so I cant tell you exactly what the full experience is like. I didn't talk to any beings or anything like that.

I'm neither a doctor nor an expert so be responsible for yourself, but I thought it was pretty cool.

It was a lot like this, except for the last part where it gets pretty wild is further than I got.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph4szaVTWSY&ab_channel=SymmetricVision
View: https://youtu.be/97yDSoKcUo4

Video I produced explaining the neuroscience of psychedelics. Easy to understand too. Maybe it will help ya.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I've never done any drugs in my life, and have zero desire to ever try. But, I do wonder why the heck there are rules and laws against people doing whatever they want.

I listened to one of the most interesting podcasts of my life last week 'Drug Use for Grown Ups'

How a Columbia Professor discusses his recreational use of drugs like heroin:

After that, I questioned almost everything I knew. Fascinating.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've never done any drugs in my life, and have zero desire to ever try. But, I do wonder why the heck there are rules and laws against people doing whatever they want.

I listened to one of the most interesting podcasts of my life last week 'Drug Use for Grown Ups'

How a Columbia Professor discusses his recreational use of drugs like heroin:

After that, I questioned almost everything I knew. Fascinating.

locking people up is a big business

A private prison can offer their services to the government and charge $150 per day per prisoner. Generally speaking, the government will agree to these terms if the $150 is less than if the prison was publicly run. That spread is where the private prison makes its money.Feb 22, 2020

If the government really cared about your safety... let's see them ban soda, fast food restaurants and tobacco!

Last edited:

floridaman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Dec 28, 2018
Orlando, FL
I did a few overnight ayahuasca (contains DMT) ceremonies, with a shaman and all that. It was one of the most life changing experiences I've ever had, and can reframe reality, reprioritizing more important things in life.

It's a great way to connect to yourself, clear up subconscious issues, and get some profound realizations about your life. Like Johnnyboy said, you just get... taken... somewhere. And it's almost like some THING or SOMEONE is communicating with you. To the extent that you can have a conversation with them, and will answer your questions. For me, both were beautiful experiences. It's not always like that, some people have a "tough" trip. But the rough experiences I hear about are usually the medicine doing its work and clearing out some shit, and they're better off for it.

It's an incredible tool/technology that I would recommend to anybody seeking a deeper experience in life. After seeing/feeling/experiencing what COULD be an "afterlife," it changed the way I see this reality we're in now. I realized it's more of a game, and that we should have fun and play the damn game while we're here, because it'll be over before we know it.

Also, you don't have to fly to Peru to do a ceremony. If you get into your local hippie/health/yoga scene, there's probably a shaman near you that people can recommend.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I did a few overnight ayahuasca (contains DMT) ceremonies, with a shaman and all that. It was one of the most life changing experiences I've ever had, and can reframe reality, reprioritizing more important things in life.

It's a great way to connect to yourself, clear up subconscious issues, and get some profound realizations about your life. Like Johnnyboy said, you just get... taken... somewhere. And it's almost like some THING or SOMEONE is communicating with you. To the extent that you can have a conversation with them, and will answer your questions. For me, both were beautiful experiences. It's not always like that, some people have a "tough" trip. But the rough experiences I hear about are usually the medicine doing its work and clearing out some shit, and they're better off for it.

It's an incredible tool/technology that I would recommend to anybody seeking a deeper experience in life. After seeing/feeling/experiencing what COULD be an "afterlife," it changed the way I see this reality we're in now. I realized it's more of a game, and that we should have fun and play the damn game while we're here, because it'll be over before we know it.

Also, you don't have to fly to Peru to do a ceremony. If you get into your local hippie/health/yoga scene, there's probably a shaman near you that people can recommend.
1612477860853.png

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I'm surprised there is not a "DMT Experiences" website, where people can (anonymously) post their DMT experiences.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I'm surprised there is not a "DMT Experiences" website, where people can (anonymously) post their DMT experiences.

There's a DMT subreddit which is pseudonymous. There is also discussions about it on 4chan.

evergreen_scene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Dec 5, 2016
I was agitated, irritable, angry and confrontational, narcissistic, anxious, always worried about the future, and riddled with other traumas I've been carrying since my childhood. I was also completely unaware that my subconscious was manifesting any of that.

I still experience those emotions, but I am now hyper-aware of my sensations, my thoughts, my feelings and my movements. I've revisited many of my childhood traumas and have been able to carry my current understanding of the world with me. To offer the child version of me love and support while reliving traumas.

Pain and fear are subjective experiences - I've learned to explore my own fears and pains while making space for observation without judgement. DMT has allowed me to become more fearless and unapologetic.

I now trust my instincts unlike before when I was full of doubt - I let my intuition lead me every day and I humbly accept without hesitation.

The most important thing I learned was that I had access to the divine and the infinite within. That whatever so and so claimed, whatever doctor XYZ claimed, whatever the nobel laureate said, whatever expert in whatever domain had to say no longer mattered, because I could find my own truth within. This has been my most liberating realization in my life.

My DMT experiences have also helped me with my meditations: when I venture deep into stillness, the experience becomes just like my DMT experiences. The visual element, the sensations, the breathing, everything. And because I've sat long enough with those emotions, I can welcome them and pursue them deeper in my meditative state. No drugs - just breathing on the floor.

There is much more I can say on the topic - but this has been my first attempt at verbalizing profound experiences I'd not put words behind previously.
This is why DMT will always be interesting to me. Due to what youve written about its ability to change a life. This is incredible.

There is! Look up EROWID.org and head to DMT experiences.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I watched it again last week, man that movie is a trip!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.