The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please review my website. I tried to implement MJ's advice

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
Hello,

I created a website which offers a trading signal service and got my inspiration thinking of MJ'S questions:
"How will it help them? What's in it for them? Will it solve their problem? Make their life easier?"

Now I'm convinced that my service is able to solve problems and make lives easier and I also convey this on my website addressing pain points and emotions in the form of customer disappointments caused by other services.

Now I'm interested in your opinion: https://www.schenksignals.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StillGrindin'

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 19, 2018
Toronto Canada
Hello,

I created a website which offers a trading signal service and got my inspiration thinking of MJ'S questions:
"How will it help them? What's in it for them? Will it solve their problem? Make their life easier?"

Now I'm convinced that my service is able to solve problems and make lives easier and I also convey this on my website addressing pain points and emotions in the form of customer disappointments caused by other services.

Now I'm interested in your opinion: Best Trading Signals | Frequency trading signals | Germany

The Web Design

First thing I noticed is it's responsiveness behaviour is very strange. When I test it in devtools, it's responsive. When I grab the browser window and increase or shrink its size, it's completely unresponsive. Compare this to a proper site like Google, or Sky News, etc. You'll see that they stack appropriately when sizing the browsing window. You're using Wix, so your hands are tied here, but it's something you should be aware of (and one of many reasons to get rid of Wix when you can.) The other strange responsive behaviour is the size of your title/ logo when on mobile. The font size of your body is larger than the font-size of your logo when in mobile.

Next thing I'd look to change is that big button dead-centre in your header, and replace it with a logo and then put that logo in as a favicon as well. Will make your website look more trustworthy and hopefully Wix will manage it better when handling media queries.

After that, I'd probably test the Proxima font against something like Arial for readability. In mobile the Proxima scales fine. Outside of mobile, it's not-so-readable compared to mobile. Your font-size is a standard 15px, so I'm not sure what's going on. One way to get around this would be to run a media query and bump up font-size for non-mobile, but I don't think you have this option with Wix. Hands might be tied again.

I'll let someone else delve deep into the copy. I'm pretty sure the odd structuring stems from German being your first language. It lacks trust and authority, and leaves me with more questions than answers. Has no sort of proof to provide confidence in competency and ability.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Okay Zoolander here's my 2 cents.

All large, successful and serious businesses have a "template" for the most part when it comes to web design.

And no, the template isn't about having green as your brand color.

1. Logo in the top corner
2. Use white space
3. Flat, minimal, illustration-based is IN
4. Have a brand color
5. Symmetry is not good all the time. It needs to look balanced but not symmetrical.
6. Give them an action to take with a form, button, etc. above the fold in the home page. ("enter email" "enter address" "sign up")
7. Below the fold: explain how it works, the benefits, and how to get started.

Your site:

Poor color usage.

White header, new logo. Here it is.

Throw it in the corner and only use the phrase "schenk signals" in the body copy on the rest of the site.

Next, go here and download this gif
View: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/861876447416715714/?autologin=true

Change it to have your brand color match exactly if possible. Place it on the right half of the page. Put a short bit of sales copy on the left and put a email signup bar below it.

Nothing looks as official than a motherfucking icon gif that looks like you made yourself if it matches your brand color.

That's just what I could whip up in a few minutes. I gotta go to bed now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.