I suck at making money, Point blank. I admit it. I have come to this conclusion. I believe making money is a skill that can be learned by just about anyone. But it will take dedication.
For some of us making $ comes naturally. For others making money is like grinding teeth. We push and push but yet it never happens even if we have acquired the fast-lane mindset ( Thanks to mjs book) . I have always wondered why. But after thinking about it for some time I believe it comes down to a few things we over look.
1. LACK OF SKILLS: To become successful you need to be good at something ( Or many things) Weather that is outsourcing, management, communication, sales, Technology ect. I believe in the need to bring value. Especially when you are getting off your feet. No mentor is going to help you unless he sees value and potential.
2. Proximity: Who do you surround yourself with? The saying goes surround yourself with 4 broke people and you will become the 5th. I feel it is very important to put yourself in the right circles. But yes, that is harder then it sounds sometimes. I understand finding like minded ambitious friends is alot easier once you have made something of yourself. ( Has anyone had any luck with this ?)
3. YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF: I have found myself guilty of this in past years. I would read and read but take no action. Do not get me wrong. Reading is a great thing. You can teach yourself almost anything between the internet and books these days. But do not fool yourself. You need to get out there and take action. You will never meet the right people or unlock the right doors if you do not take action. Do not fool yourself either. I have wasted a few years in the process.
4. Choosing a path: While it may be good to be diversified in theory I have found that It has not worked for me in business yet. I have focused on learning online business's, stocks, real estate, the car business ect. While I have learned a great deal from this and I can hold a conversation with someone in just about any field because of it is great, but it has not paid. Become an expert at something. I have always loved the idea of multiple income streams so I have always had my hands in on everything. But I have learned in order to make alot of money you must become an expert in a field. So you should focus on that completely and then diversify once you have capital to be a venture capitalist. ( Am I wrong)
5. Where to start ?: As the story goes for many of us we lack start-up capital. So the slow-lane might be the place to get it started. What is the best place to start from the ground up? Here are some of my ideas. Real estate agent? Real estate appraiser? Mortgage broker?, even though I heard that is going out due to gov regulations. Life insurance? This section I am going to leave for you folks to answer..= you
For some of us making $ comes naturally. For others making money is like grinding teeth. We push and push but yet it never happens even if we have acquired the fast-lane mindset ( Thanks to mjs book) . I have always wondered why. But after thinking about it for some time I believe it comes down to a few things we over look.
1. LACK OF SKILLS: To become successful you need to be good at something ( Or many things) Weather that is outsourcing, management, communication, sales, Technology ect. I believe in the need to bring value. Especially when you are getting off your feet. No mentor is going to help you unless he sees value and potential.
2. Proximity: Who do you surround yourself with? The saying goes surround yourself with 4 broke people and you will become the 5th. I feel it is very important to put yourself in the right circles. But yes, that is harder then it sounds sometimes. I understand finding like minded ambitious friends is alot easier once you have made something of yourself. ( Has anyone had any luck with this ?)
3. YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF: I have found myself guilty of this in past years. I would read and read but take no action. Do not get me wrong. Reading is a great thing. You can teach yourself almost anything between the internet and books these days. But do not fool yourself. You need to get out there and take action. You will never meet the right people or unlock the right doors if you do not take action. Do not fool yourself either. I have wasted a few years in the process.
4. Choosing a path: While it may be good to be diversified in theory I have found that It has not worked for me in business yet. I have focused on learning online business's, stocks, real estate, the car business ect. While I have learned a great deal from this and I can hold a conversation with someone in just about any field because of it is great, but it has not paid. Become an expert at something. I have always loved the idea of multiple income streams so I have always had my hands in on everything. But I have learned in order to make alot of money you must become an expert in a field. So you should focus on that completely and then diversify once you have capital to be a venture capitalist. ( Am I wrong)
5. Where to start ?: As the story goes for many of us we lack start-up capital. So the slow-lane might be the place to get it started. What is the best place to start from the ground up? Here are some of my ideas. Real estate agent? Real estate appraiser? Mortgage broker?, even though I heard that is going out due to gov regulations. Life insurance? This section I am going to leave for you folks to answer..= you
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
