The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need your advice

Idea threads

Imbior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 17, 2023
I've got ideas I want to turn into reality. I've read the books, I'm passionate and ready to put in the work. I'm no stranger to hard work as I've been making consistent effort at the gym for the last 2 years.

I want to create an app. Or a website. The thing is I know exactly what functionality I want it to have, but don't know how to code. Is it worth it to learn coding basically from scratch? I know basic c++ from school and have been learning c# whenever I had free time last 3 days so about 10 hours in total.

I want to have control over my product so I don't want to rely on a website maker. I doubt these websites would even allow my site to have the functionality I've envisioned.

How do I go about this? What language should I learn?

Also I'm a high school student with a year of HS to go, so I don't need to worry about making money for my family and can focus on creating an income for the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
I want to have control over my product so I don't want to rely on a website maker. I doubt these websites would even allow my site to have the functionality I've envisioned.
I've validate this properly. Although coding can be a useful skill to learn, specially if you are young.

I'd learn JavaScript. You can build web, mobile, and game apps with it. You can use pretty much anything for anything these days, but that's what I'd do.

thecakeindustrie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 28, 2023
I've got ideas I want to turn into reality. I've read the books, I'm passionate and ready to put in the work. I'm no stranger to hard work as I've been making consistent effort at the gym for the last 2 years.

I want to create an app. Or a website. The thing is I know exactly what functionality I want it to have, but don't know how to code. Is it worth it to learn coding basically from scratch? I know basic c++ from school and have been learning c# whenever I had free time last 3 days so about 10 hours in total.

How do I go about this? What language should I learn?

Also I'm a high school student with a year of HS to go, so I don't need to worry about making money for my family and can focus on creating an income for the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
You can downald "Mimo" on the play Store or App store. It is one of the best apps to learn all the program's language. It's very funny and even myself I learn on it. Have a good learning and frankly don't give up !

If you've been to the gym since 2 years, that's mean that you can absolutely assume the work, but the most difficult road will not be creating your website and learn the competences.

You will see the really most difficult step when you will be in front of it and you will be remeber what I'm actually saying...

Run to your dream and never give up, restart and restart and restart until it works.
- David Goggins

Thiago Vieira

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 16, 2023
Okay, so you have a software idea and you want to create it by yourself and it can be a website or an app. I believe you have to specify your options more.

If you want to make an app for iOS and Android, I would recommend a technology that focuses on both, like Flutter or React Native. If you want to do it just for Android it would be Kotlin (or Java, but preferably Kotlin), if it is for IOs it would be Swift.

If you want to create a website, you usually work with frameworks instead of creating it from scratch with pure language, there are several frameworks such as Angular, React.js and Vue.js. Research a little more about them and study what suits you best.

If it's for the WEB, it's essential that you know the basics of HTML5, CSS3 and JS. I recommend you study project-oriented. These can be small projects that, if you have an entrepreneurial mind, you can even profit from without commitment. You can use GPT to suggest simple projects.

This is a slower path, the advantage is the extreme control you will have and the disadvantage is time. If you are in a hurry I would recommend hiring freelancers on sites like Workana or similar.

If you're going to learn, a good place is Udemy, there are several technology courses there on any subject and it's one of the platforms I use most to study. Although nothing replaces official documentation, courses speed up the process. If you don't want to pay, there is a lot of free content on YouTube itself.

I hope I helped you, keep up the good work.

OBS
If you want a calm mind, I recommend that you look for programmers or forms of automation, mainly because technologies change very quickly and you already have a business to worry about. Programming costs a lot of time and bugs will catch you by surprise, the more your business grows the more difficult it can be to manage. You should pay attention to ways to automate your process and meet programmers who can collaborate with you later.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Imbior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 17, 2023
Thanks, that's exactly the message I was hoping for. I've already dived into html and will get into css and js.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.