The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need it more then ever

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
So in my day to day I am a salesperson. I got pulled into my bosses office because I made the president angry when I made the statement in jest that " Since we hit our goals and then some for the year we should take Dec off" My boss said that he was angry that other salespeople might take me serious. So...... I guess even when you go over your goals you are not allowed to pat yourself on the back and make a little joke. I work in a very very relaxed office. I said if you have a problem with the other salespeople then take it up with them. Sorry for the rant, just thought it was kind of funny but it also made me angry. I really need to work for myself soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

and thats why you need to set your sights on a new direction...

*will be looking for a progress thread posting soon.

Z

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You've been here 5 years, with over 600 posts. What does "soon" mean? There's never going to be a perfect time.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Sales people are inherently lazy, I should know, I employee them. Making a comment like that makes you seem like a typical mediocre sales person. As Brian Tracy says things only upset us when it challenges our own self concept. So I'm assuming your boss had another concept of you and you made a comment that didn't line up with what he thought of you. Either that or you really are lazy and he didn't want you to rub off on other people.

80% of the work is done by 20% of the people, so which percentage are you in?

Just because "we" hit our goals doesn't mean YOU hit your goals. You may very well have, but have personal goals above and beyond anything they would ask of you, it's the only way you'll really make the most of the opportunity.

I realize it was a joke but all jokes have a piece of truth within them. Subconsciously or consciously you probably did consider taking time off. Which is a slow lane mentality. If I'm wrong, no harm meant.

You do need to work for yourself, and work on yourself. Good luck bud.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
You've been here 5 years, with over 600 posts. What does "soon" mean? There's never going to be a perfect time.

I have already begun. I have a product on the market which is in my sig. I created it from concept to market on my own so I know how it's done and I learned a lot along the way. I am working on other products as well.

Liquid glass - I'm not lazy and not all salespeople are lazy. Maybe you need to find better sales people and not hire lazy ones. I am currently successful in my current business, just not bringing in enough to leave my full time yet. Sometimes a joke is just that....a joke. I never stop working even when goals are met.

All that was really ment by the post was a simple vent.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Your website needs alot of work, rocksolid

I'm not really impressed with your as well. Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. My sales are just fine.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I have already begun. I have a product on the market which is in my sig. I created it from concept to market on my own so I know how it's done and I learned a lot along the way. I am working on other products as well.

Liquid glass - I'm not lazy and not all salespeople are lazy. Maybe you need to find better sales people and not hire lazy ones. I am currently successful in my current business, just not bringing in enough to leave my full time yet. Sometimes a joke is just that....a joke. I never stop working even when goals are met.

All that was really ment by the post was a simple vent.

I understand you were venting but I was simply offering an outside perspective from someone who has been there. I agree jokes are usually just jokes, which is why I had a disclaimer. I gave you the benefit of the doubt I was just basing my observations on your post and nothing further.

I would take your perspective a bit more seriously if you employed people yourself, people are lazy, sales people are no exception. Once they have satisfied their self concept of what they believe they are capable of they stop. It's simple psychology. Thus the rule of 20% of people do 80% of the work holds true regardless of your personal view.

Lastly, I'll offer another perspective, which you may dismiss or take as you please. You seem very defensive. To your manager, to me, and to others that have posted. Being defensive arises from the fact that you feel someone is "stepping on your toes" or a more formal way to say it is your self concept is being challenged. I understand it can be rough for people to not say you're always doing a great job. But it would serve you better if you took comments with a grain of salt and kept in stride otherwise I don't have high hopes for you running your own business.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I'm not really impressed with your as well. Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. My sales are just fine.

Your site design could use some work, that doesn't mean it can't make money as is. Although we all have them, that was a pretty immature response for someone trying to give you feedback and help you.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Your site design could use some work, that doesn't mean it can't make money as is. Although we all have them, that was a pretty immature response for someone trying to give you feedback and help you.

Yes, my comment may have been defensive but I did not start this theard asking for feedback on my website, just a simple vent.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
It's fine if you don't want criticism. Do you mind telling me whats wrong with my website though?

I'm not looking to pick a fight with anybody. Been here a while and I do respect people's opinion. I did get defensive about my product because it's like one of my children and I'm sure anybody who has made a product can understand. As far as your website, I think the black background at the top is a bit dark and daunting. Your commision tab does not explaine anything.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
I'm not looking to pick a fight with anybody. Been here a while and I do respect people's opinion. I did get defensive about my product because it's like one of my children and I'm sure anybody who has made a product can understand. As far as your website, I think the black background at the top is a bit dark and daunting. Your commision tab does not explaine anything.

Thanks so much!! This is very helpful. I have expanded on the commission tab to say "Do you need a Custom-Made Costume, Accessory, or Prop?" Hopefully this makes it more clear for those who aren't familiar with cosplay

About the black color, it is part of our brand image and it appeals to our target audience (gamers) Perhaps I could make it fade into white so its less daunting?

Please let me know if you need the favor returned

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.