The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help deciding

Idea threads

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Hey,

I'm 24 year, from New Zealand and am stuck. I know I'm young, and all that, but I don't know what I want to do and it's frying my brain.

I want to provide as much value as I possibly can within the health and fitness market, and also incorporate topics around mental well-being. I was going to go down the whole pumping content out and providing as much value as I can to build a following who love me for me value, and then in the future, build streams of passive income through courses, e-books and a monthly subscription group. But I don't know now...

Do you know any way I can pursue this market and provide as much value as possible? Is this whole 'personal branding' 'social media influencer who sells online courses' thing just stupid???

I'm stuck and it's bugging me, I've been like this for ages now.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
You need to get a note book and start a plan; the first chapter needs to be where you will be in ten years time. Then work backwards to where you are now. Set you goals along the way to progress. Nothing happens over night, and nobody is going to just knock on your door and give it to you, but if you keep on working to your end goal you will get there. If you don’t have a plan and goals, you will go around in circles like a captain less ship.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
You need to get a note book and start a plan; the first chapter needs to be where you will be in ten years time. Then work backwards to where you are now. Set you goals along the way to progress. Nothing happens over night, and nobody is going to just knock on your door and give it to you, but if you keep on working to your end goal you will get there. If you don’t have a plan and goals, you will go around in circles like a captain less ship.
So write my 10 year goal, then 5 years, then 3 then 1 year, then monthly, and weekly? I’ve read this so many times but it’s weird, it’s like I have some resistance I have to break in order to plan. It’s like I’m scared of writing down my goals because I subconsciously don’t believe I deserve it, even though I literally know I’ll get to where I want to be.

Also your last line reminds me of a quote by Earl Nightingale where he talks about our minds and how we have to give it a direction otherwise it’s like a ship without destination, just floating around.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
I subconsciously don’t believe I deserve it, even though I literally know I’ll get to where I want to be.
My suggestion is to visualize your goals. Write them down, but also in person. Always wanted a Ferrari? Go sit in one. Go to an open house of your dream house. Print it all out, glue it to your wall.

Success is about brainwashing yourself.

If you were a soldier in war would you think "I can't fail this mission." or would you want to think "yeah who cares, we don't deserve to win this battle, but we can probably do it anyways"

There will be times you want to give up, but use so much motivating propaganda, that you don't believe you can fail.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.