The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

Andres1004

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone at the forum, my name is Andres Rodriguez and since a few days I am here at the forum. I am writing this message because I need an advice. I have 17 years old, and as I explain in my presentation to the forum I am seeking to become an entrepreneur, but even though I am completely determined and committed, I feel a bit lost.
I want to start my own business but even though I have a couple of ideas I don't know exactly where to start my way in order to found my own company. I am currently taking courses on Financial statements or on digital marketing (they are free and basic courses), I also try to help my father in anything he needs for his company, but even though I like helping my dad with the business, the fact of starting my own business is something that I personally desire. At the same time I also don't want to be a burden for my parents, since so far I don't have any source of income or help my parents in an economic way, but at the same time I also don't want to have a meaningless job in which I just lose my time. Because of all this I don't really know what I should do, so it would help me a lot if someone could give me some advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Speed112

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Dec 5, 2013
Over here, over there.
Hi everyone at the forum, my name is Andres Rodriguez ...

Hello, Andres. Welcome to the forum! Hope you find it as a very valuable resource in your entrepreneurial journey.

17 is really young to come across all of this and it's truly life-changing. 10 years ago I was also 17 when I first found The Millionaire Fastlane and took my first deliberate steps through the wonderfully independent world of Entrepreneurship. I hope you have the same mind-opening experience I had in my first few years and it leads you to great success.

Have you read TMF , Unscripted , or the latest book The Great Rat Race Escape ?

I'm sure a lot of the questions you are having are answered in there and it will bring you a ton of clarity.

Still, it's going to take a while to figure things out. Hell, I'm still figuring things out now, 10 years later.

But, the best way to get clarity and make progress on this journey is to act. Find a market. Find a niche. Find a problem you can solve. Then do your best to help people by solving their problem. That's how you create value in the world, and that value is what will bring you not just a source of income, but the satisfaction that you're actually doing something useful with your life. Something no bs desk-job pushing pencils in a circle all day will ever do.

Helping with your dad's business is a great way to gain experience and skills that will help you on your own journey. You should probably continue doing that and learning as much as you can. Try to keep an eye out for pains, frustrations, and things that your fresh perspective can shine a light on. They could hide great innovative business opportunities.

Then, take some of the things you've learned so far, and try to help someone with them. You can start small. A few hours a week. An hour a day. Whatever you can afford. Talk to people. Ask questions. Be genuinely curious and interested to help. And if your help is valuable for them, you can very well charge them for it. And they'll happily pay you.

You don't have to be the best at anything. Most people are not the best at anything and pretty much everyone makes money somehow. You just have to be good enough at something for the other person to prefer that you do it rather than themselves or someone else. If you can prove that one thing to them, the door to mutually-beneficial exchange will open.

So my advice to you is to just go out there, get started, make mistakes, learn, have fun... and you'll figure things out along the way.

May you be free!

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hi everyone at the forum, my name is Andres Rodriguez and since a few days I am here at the forum. I am writing this message because I need an advice. I have 17 years old, and as I explain in my presentation to the forum I am seeking to become an entrepreneur, but even though I am completely determined and committed, I feel a bit lost.
I want to start my own business but even though I have a couple of ideas I don't know exactly where to start my way in order to found my own company. I am currently taking courses on Financial statements or on digital marketing (they are free and basic courses), I also try to help my father in anything he needs for his company, but even though I like helping my dad with the business, the fact of starting my own business is something that I personally desire. At the same time I also don't want to be a burden for my parents, since so far I don't have any source of income or help my parents in an economic way, but at the same time I also don't want to have a meaningless job in which I just lose my time. Because of all this I don't really know what I should do, so it would help me a lot if someone could give me some advice.
I'm just a couple years older than you and remember being there. Here's what you can do:

1. Explore your interests or find things that you're naturally good at outside your dad's business. Then try to make an income from it or monetize it. You'll learn a lot just by doing that. By interacting with customers, talking to people, making yourself uncomfortable and learning the different ins and outs of your industry will give you a good amount of experience to potentially make a real business out of it. Work on your strengths.

2. Join a local sports team. Why? Because when you play sports you'll learn how to build a team, and you might eventually become the leader of that team, which is going to make you a very successful entrepreneur in the future. I think everyone of us has experienced a shitty boss before. Leadership is extremely important if you want to start your own thing, and go from being the solopreneur to having actual employees. You're going to be a personal mentor for these people and you're going to be responsible for feeding their children. Leadership will help you with this. Leadership is also going to help you with hiring.

3. Don't look at what everybody else is doing at your age, focus on your goals and what you want out of life, not WHAT your parents want. This is probably the hardest point to follow up with as it can be tempting many times. However, most people at your age are not concerned about the future. Because you're in this, that says a lot about your character. Most people at your age will party for 10 years and wake up being 27-28 years old with huge debt and living in their mom's basement. I don't think you want to be that guy. Instead, you can be the guy who's 27 years old with a badass Lamborghini and who's rolling in life. What has helped me is to look at me spending my time as an investment, instead of sacrificing the fun. You're investing in yourself.

4. Focus a lot on personal development. Whatever it is; read books, workout, get mentorship(once you're clear about what you want), set goals and execute on them daily. If you do your first point right, it will eventually lead to this. I can guarantee you, if you do all the 4 things I just told you you'd be so so much ahead of everybody else at your age and many people in this forum who are all about the talk and no walk.

5. Learn from your mistakes as much as you can. Fail your way to success. It'll build your mental toughness like crazy.

6. Realize that things take time.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.