The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I met an entrepreneur

Martinisawe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 1, 2020
California
Hey guys so it's been awhile. So the last time I was here, I mentioned that i try to be in a vocational program, well I'm finally in it. Been working there for more than 2 weeks as I'm speaking and I'm glad, since i could explore and see what skills i can learn. Since it's for those with a disability(i have autism), not alot of people are social. Heck there's a strict policy where you don't talk to clients nor people around unless they talk to you which i always ignore. The reason i mentioned this is because, I see opportunity when talking to people, and also a trainer invited me to work on his site
Anyways on the title, when i got my 1st paycheck me and my mom went to chase to open an account. I overheard a guy who's sold his company, and is retired. I wanted to ask but i was setting on my account. After I finished i politely interrupted his appointment(It's not as bad as it sounds) and ask about his company, he happily obliged and I ask questions about skills, (which i have been developing on AI, and coding). Another is competition, ideas, and marketing. Unfortunately mom was in a rush so we exchange numbers.

I'm used to talking to people but not too familiar with calls/texts. So the question is, when is it appropriate to call/text? When is it too much and did I really did a right call? Also unrelated, how good should I be on a skill to share my knowledge to help out others(freelancing I mean)?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
If I was you I would send a simple text/call sayng:

'Hi, It's Martin, we met briefly in Chase the other day and you kindly gave me 5 minutes of your time. i was wondering if I could meet you for a coffeee one afternoon because I was interested to know more about you.'

Because he has just sold his business there is a high probability that he will agree as he is probably wondering how to actually fill his days up right now so tehre is a window of opportunity for you.

You'll either get a response or not so can take it from there.

Good luck

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!