Hey all, new member here from Southern California. My brother introduced me to the book and this forum. Ideas pop into my head all the time, but this time is different. I jumped up and wanted to take immediate, and fast, action to start my idea. Naturally, I came here to seek help. I love well regulated forums with active moderators and posters, especially when we all have similar goals in mind. Ill probably be sticking around for a while!
I am 21 years old. I work full time security and I work weekends at the hospital as a Nurse Assistant (CNA). Getting these jobs really put me out in the real world and has kept me on my toes and taught me immense amounts of responsibility that I value today. I might go so far as to say I did not have a choice to mature. Its taught me to work hard and set realistic goals. School starts back up for me at the end of January, but I have two goals set in place. 1) to make 5k before school starts and 2) begin this business I thought of just now.
So this forum will be my second home until then.
Ill cruise around the startup threads and see what I can do, but my main focus is to secure my idea against other people who want to steal it. I have started to read stickies and came across some stories of the competition copying and somehow improving their idea, and then stealing all their clients!! I am more of a "loose lips sink ships" type of guy and I dont trust anyone outside of my immediate family or outside of my religion. So my fear lies when I finally start up my company and get out there!
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! I am going to ask around tomorrow about patents and stuff. My aunt is a lawyer, other than that it will take more online research.
Glad to be here! Lets be friends.
Best regards,
Dakota.
I am 21 years old. I work full time security and I work weekends at the hospital as a Nurse Assistant (CNA). Getting these jobs really put me out in the real world and has kept me on my toes and taught me immense amounts of responsibility that I value today. I might go so far as to say I did not have a choice to mature. Its taught me to work hard and set realistic goals. School starts back up for me at the end of January, but I have two goals set in place. 1) to make 5k before school starts and 2) begin this business I thought of just now.
So this forum will be my second home until then.
Ill cruise around the startup threads and see what I can do, but my main focus is to secure my idea against other people who want to steal it. I have started to read stickies and came across some stories of the competition copying and somehow improving their idea, and then stealing all their clients!! I am more of a "loose lips sink ships" type of guy and I dont trust anyone outside of my immediate family or outside of my religion. So my fear lies when I finally start up my company and get out there!
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! I am going to ask around tomorrow about patents and stuff. My aunt is a lawyer, other than that it will take more online research.
Glad to be here! Lets be friends.
Best regards,
Dakota.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
