The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I loaned my friend the Millionaire Fastlane, this is how he returned it

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I think I get it, it's because in certain social circles (mine included), openly admitting that you want to be a millionaire and actually trying to do something about it, is demonised.

If I quote the book and then mention the title to certain friends, I notice a split second wince. A few friends questioned me on the morals of actively pursuing becoming a millionaire, and I happily answered them and assuaged their fears that I was becoming a capitalist monster that would inevitably eat their children.

At the end of the day, it's why I'm here, after reading the book I needed to be surrounded by a community of like minded people, because I hardly knew anyone in my social circle with the fastlane mindset.

Yes. You are not the only one my friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I don't get it, what makes it inflammatory? Should I have put F*ck in the title like everyone does nowadays? Would that have made it less inflammatory?

TMF might sound cheezy to a random person, but it's not as if the title was "You're a LOSER and it's YOUR fault!" Now that's inflammatory.

My guess is if someone is worked up about a title and concerned about what others might think about it, they don't have the nuts to be an entrepreneur. Did he finish the book? Find value in it?

In any event, thanks for sharing it!

I'd think you might see this as a compliment. You wrote a book that's so challenging to the status quo, that it literally needs to be covered up in certain circles. THAT'S when you know that you're on to something.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
I don't get it, what makes it inflammatory? Should I have put F*ck in the title like everyone does nowadays? Would that have made it less inflammatory?

TMF might sound cheezy to a random person, but it's not as if the title was "You're a LOSER and it's YOUR fault!" Now that's inflammatory.

My guess is if someone is worked up about a title and concerned about what others might think about it, they don't have the nuts to be an entrepreneur. Did he finish the book? Find value in it?

In any event, thanks for sharing it!

To be honest I was turned off by the title at first too :D Still followed my intuition and got it and started to read it and it happened to be 180 degrees the opposite of what I expected (and 100% what the title says, which is usually not the case).

I think I am not the only one and I think you did it on purpose :) But anyway after reading this I think it is a great, controversial title :)

Off-topic. Just watched Kevin O'Rilei interview about watches, how he puts red bands on Rolex "Hulk" and a lot of people stops him to say they love it or hate it, which is a positive thing for him as does not matter what opinion someone expresses - but it's a conversation starter :)
Just like a book title could be, haha :)

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
THIS is why I come to the Fastlane Forum.
Funny enough its easier to find likeminded peope online than offline.
It´s a special kind of people. And you find a bunch of them here.

Most people want the "security" of a job. If you are walking away from the group because you have higher goals and want to achieve more they often times want to keep you down. Because if you make it it would question their path.

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
Wow. So many fastlaners are having wives. Is there any single fastlaner like me?

Yep.
And this is one reason ;)

Saw a lot of people arround me that focused too much of their time & money on girlfriends/wifes and are now struggeling. And they repeat the same pattern again and again.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Lot of hate out there right now for creators / business owners.......

I sketched out the P&L for a 'robotics company' with my lab students the other night .... as we talked through costs, suddenly they wanted to farm stuff out to VA's in the Philipines and use one of the kid's parent's basement as office space. Did not want to provide health insurance for staff and did not like taxes / depreciation schedules on equipment.
No depreciation????
Then how will you do the books? Free cash flow? MACRS?

Investors would raise eyebrows.

Are the VAs really gonna produce the product 100% and ship it over...then there would be the local warehousing, which also has equipment and would need depreciation....

good grief...

Itzemp3

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 18, 2019
The title is definitely Search Engine Optimized haha.

But the content is really great.

And I learned that I should not judge a book by its cover. I suppose people have been socialized to be attracted to certain words, and millionaire definitely grabs attention.

Yet there is the other end of the spectrum, the word millionaire has become tainted by association with seedy guru's who flaunt this millionaire lifestyle. And use persuasion tactics to trick consumers.

Can you really blame people for treading with caution around that word?

I'm happy I took a chance on reading the Millionaire Fastlane despite the socialized connotation I had with the title. It literally changed my perspective of money, mindset and service in a short period of time.

Rwill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Sep 9, 2019
canada
I read it as it was highly recommended by another book or podcast, I can't recall which but either way the important thing is I got my hands on it.

Now I recommend it profusely but I I can see some people get guarded upon hearing the title. I believe some people are heavily jaded by the whole recent MLM experience and the title almost has that feeling like it's going to pitch them something lol.

Either way I keep preaching the gospel, of all the books I've read on self development or business, I feel this one actually hit the biggest nerve. Rather than being vague it out lines a legitimate path you can follow

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I read it as it was highly recommended by another book or podcast, I can't recall which but either way the important thing is I got my hands on it.

Now I recommend it profusely but I I can see some people get guarded upon hearing the title. I believe some people are heavily jaded by the whole recent MLM experience and the title almost has that feeling like it's going to pitch them something lol.

Either way I keep preaching the gospel, of all the books I've read on self development or business, I feel this one actually hit the biggest nerve. Rather than being vague it out lines a legitimate path you can follow
Agreed 100%. And I've read 30 or more books over the past few years. This one I frequently open up and reference. MJ crafted a combination of compelling personal story, documented his execution, and then included tools to help everyone else get there, AND broke down all of the pitfalls and mistakes you must avoid. It's a handbook for successful life in America.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.