The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I joined today on a whim

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 12, 2019
Hi I'm Joe from Michigan. I'm 29 and I've been an employee my whole career. Started working at 16 and now I'm pretty much at the height of my career (master certified skilled trade). I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business.
I've been taught my whole life to be a good blue collar employee because you'll always have a steady paycheck and not have you worry about failing.
I'm interested in entrepreneurship and will post my questions in another forum. Thanks

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
"I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business. "

Welcome. So not true though. Everybody and anybody is replaceable.

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 12, 2019
"I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business. "

Welcome. So not true though. Everybody and anybody is replaceable.
Very true. If i quit he would obviously replace me with someone. He would be devastated though. There is a huge shortage of qualified people in this line of work and the business would likely suffer without me. He knows this and has been pretty generous to keep me around. And i do love my job so that helps. I'm Just looking into my future.

Side note. He's in his early 60's and hinting at retiring and selling the business. I will cover this in another post in more detail

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
74a4821e21844c91898f1e7e7884a122.gif

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
You have a level head and clarity so I guess your next question is, should I consider buying his business as a Fastlane path?

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 12, 2019
I've considered it. It's a small family owned company with 7 employees which include the owner and his wife who does the book keeping. I've been there the longest of out of all of them (except the owners who established the business in 85). I have 13 years in. It's a franchised business though. Which offers lots of help. They make sure you're making money and help if needed. Also a lot of headaches you deal with.
I have other business ventures in mind too

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 12, 2019
I'm not here to "get rich quick" I'm happy making an honest living. I bought my house at age 21. I've got about 4 years left still its paid off. All my vehicles are paid off

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Welcome to the forum.