• The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

INTRO I joined today on a whim

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
Hi I'm Joe from Michigan. I'm 29 and I've been an employee my whole career. Started working at 16 and now I'm pretty much at the height of my career (master certified skilled trade). I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business.
I've been taught my whole life to be a good blue collar employee because you'll always have a steady paycheck and not have you worry about failing.
I'm interested in entrepreneurship and will post my questions in another forum. Thanks

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
"I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business. "

Welcome. So not true though. Everybody and anybody is replaceable.

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
"I'm very good at my job and pretty much irreplaceable in the eyes of the owner of the small business. "

Welcome. So not true though. Everybody and anybody is replaceable.
Very true. If i quit he would obviously replace me with someone. He would be devastated though. There is a huge shortage of qualified people in this line of work and the business would likely suffer without me. He knows this and has been pretty generous to keep me around. And i do love my job so that helps. I'm Just looking into my future.

Side note. He's in his early 60's and hinting at retiring and selling the business. I will cover this in another post in more detail

Tommo

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
You have a level head and clarity so I guess your next question is, should I consider buying his business as a Fastlane path?

stuck in the mud

New Contributor
I've considered it. It's a small family owned company with 7 employees which include the owner and his wife who does the book keeping. I've been there the longest of out of all of them (except the owners who established the business in 85). I have 13 years in. It's a franchised business though. Which offers lots of help. They make sure you're making money and help if needed. Also a lot of headaches you deal with.
I have other business ventures in mind too

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
Welcome to the forum.

What trade are you in?