The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Will I hit the wall?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Gapple

New Contributor
Dec 19, 2018
Hey there,

I have been working on a Saas app since March/April 2018 and I am not sure if I am going in the right direction. Here are some facts about my app:
  • It's a social media management app like Hootsuite, Buffer, etc. Currently, it looks more like AgoraPulse
  • For the moment it's literally (with only subtle differences) a copy of AgoraPulse
  • It only has two functionalities: publishing on Facebook and Youtube, and comment management (which is not even finished)
  • There are still bugs and many things related to the technical aspect which are not resolved
I feel like it's also important to share some personal stuff about me:
  • Last two years have been a little rough
  • I entered the job market
  • I had anxiety problems and experienced several panic attacks during the last 8 months. So some days I would be stressed because I was unable to work due to my anxieties, and then I would beat myself down because of this
  • Currently, I feel like I have less anxiety and can manage myself better
  • I never started any business before or any Saas app
The main problem that I see for the moment with my app is that it's only a pale copy of something that already exists. One day I saw a video of a guy who said that there is no need to innovate and that we can create a similar product and earn money by marketing it better. However, as I am approaching more and more the end of development I have more doubt about my success and feel like I am wasting my time.

Originally I wanted to put the app online for free and create a very close relationship with clients by making a video at least every two weeks. Ask them ideas and their needs on social media management and implement their ideas. However, I don't have a lot of time and the only solution that I see is to stop sleeping.

Then I thought about a feature that I wanted to develop in my app to differentiate myself, that would:
  • Check all comments for a period of time on a specific social media
  • Rank who commented the most and got more reactions
  • Allow the client to go directly on their profile to enter in contact with them
Currently, I see two actions that I can take:
  • Continue my original plan, and then implement the previous feature. The problem is that it's not original, and it's going to take more time
  • Create a micro-saas app consisting of the feature I mentioned above. This seems more easy and original
What do think about this?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom