I used the search function to find threads already covered these questions but can't find any. Delete this post if it’s already been discussed. Sorry in advance.
Family funds
To get my business started I need some funds. There are several ways to get the money, but the fastest and cheapest is to lend it from my brother. However I’m in doubt about how to go about this the best way possible. Have you ever borrowed money from your family members to fund a business? What are your key take-aways? Should we formulate a contract beforehand?
The money will cover the price of machines for a service business.
Your experience with testing the market before investing?
I have a business idea. It’s not innovative but the service I will offer isn’t available in my geographical area. I know the business is viable other places.
What I tried so far:
- Leased the machines for a week to test the interest. (It’s not possible, because they strictly sell the machine)
- SEMrushed other businesses
- Pitching the business council in my geographical area
How can I minimize the risk factors even more?
Sorry if this is not relevant. Let me know, if you need more information. English are not my mother tongue and I hope it won’t cause misunderstandings.
Family funds
To get my business started I need some funds. There are several ways to get the money, but the fastest and cheapest is to lend it from my brother. However I’m in doubt about how to go about this the best way possible. Have you ever borrowed money from your family members to fund a business? What are your key take-aways? Should we formulate a contract beforehand?
The money will cover the price of machines for a service business.
Your experience with testing the market before investing?
I have a business idea. It’s not innovative but the service I will offer isn’t available in my geographical area. I know the business is viable other places.
What I tried so far:
- Leased the machines for a week to test the interest. (It’s not possible, because they strictly sell the machine)
- SEMrushed other businesses
- Pitching the business council in my geographical area
How can I minimize the risk factors even more?
Sorry if this is not relevant. Let me know, if you need more information. English are not my mother tongue and I hope it won’t cause misunderstandings.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
