The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have to do this

The business of web design

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Brief introduction:

My name's Liam, I am 24 years old turning 25 in 2 weeks. I've always struggled to do things and make my dreams come into reality because I find it difficult to do otherwise unless I have a gun to my head. I know I got potential and do well at things whenever I do eventually decide to put my mind to it. I just finished Uni with a stupid business degree and marketing major (biggest regret of my life).

Recently, I've been lurking this forum again and have been studying people like Alex Hormozi and Iman Gadzhi.

I have a vague idea of what I want to do, which is help SME's to create a stronger and more appealing online presence. More specifically, start out with website design using SquareSpace, and then as I attain more clients, outsource the workload. I know this can only go so far, and website design is usually only a one-off payment so I will have to brainstorm on which service to provide next that will provide MRR. I aim to provide the next service (whether that be e-mail marketing, SEO, social media management) to my web design clients.

As for how I am going to find my clients, I plan on doing a ton of cold calling, cold emailing and door knocking. In my area, there are hundreds of businesses that either have shitty websites or none at all.

This is literally my first ever business venture and I am going to learn so much along the way. My goal on here is to share my journey and learn from you guys because I know how many intelligent individuals there are and I am putting my ego to the side so I can learn without being a "Mr know it all"

Ps. I am currently designing websites for two of my Mum's friends who own small businesses, and then aim to find 6-8 more businesses that I can do so for free. I am doing this so I can build a portfolio, improve my skills both in web design and sales, and then have more confidence in my abilities before I start charging.

Pss. I am not sure if this belongs here or I should have posted this in Introductions.

- Liam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
6-8 more businesses that I can do so for free
Never do anything for FREE, business owners will pay for your services. Give them a discount if you want, but dont build a website for free.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
Never do anything for FREE, business owners will pay for your services. Give them a discount if you want, but dont build a website for free.
Really? I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this tbh. I was only going to do them for free to build up a nice portfolio. I can see why charging from the start could be good because it can push me even harder to provide insane value from the start, but I was thinking more so about building confidence and ability first.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
Really? I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinions on this tbh. I was only going to do them for free to build up a nice portfolio. I can see why charging from the start could be good because it can push me even harder to provide insane value from the start, but I was thinking more so about building confidence and ability first.
The customers would not know they are your guinea pigs unless you tell them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
The customers would not know they are your guinea pigs unless you tell them.
Ok, I understand now. I'll have to keep it free for the first three since two of the three are Mum's work mates and the third is my local natural health store which I visit frequently.

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
Ok, I understand now. I'll have to keep it free for the first three since two of the three are Mum's work mates and the third is my local natural health store which I visit frequently.
The very first Website I had made for my business, I used somebody from a Google click ads, clicked on his ad he emailed me some questions then sent me a snap shot of my new site, I said thats great, he then built 4 pages and an email address. I sent him £400 and he said contact him when I want small updates to the site. That was it, I never asked the guy about any other sites he made. I was just happy with my site.

If you have already offered the free sites then you have gave your word.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.