The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have APP idea. I can’t code and I don’t trust Ai. Help.

Idea threads

Tea&Tea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2023
I have a great app idea. Who or where do I go? I keep seeing Ai app builders…um hell no? Or heck yeah? I’m reaading that Ai is stealing people’s ideas! Help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExistingExpert

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 4, 2023
If you don't trust AI, you have two options on how to proceed:
1. Learn to code yourself, and then make your dream app (can be free if you utilize the resources available online correctly, but it will take time)
2. Hire a developer to code the app for you (it will cost, but you won't have to focus on development and will have time to spare on other tasks like product design, marketing etc.)
The option you choose will depend on your circumstances.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
So learn to code. Don't let the "I don't know" stop you.

Done it multiple times, and yes, I know how to code both backend and frontend, currently learning web desing.

Go on end execute. What are you waiting for?

D

Deleted8v369

If you don't trust AI, you have two options on how to proceed:
1. Learn to code yourself, and then make your dream app (can be free if you utilize the resources available online correctly, but it will take time)
2. Hire a developer to code the app for you (it will cost, but you won't have to focus on development and will have time to spare on other tasks like product design, marketing etc.)
The option you choose will depend on your circumstances.
And the irony is, the app developer he hires will use AI to develop the app.

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France
I have a great app idea. Who or where do I go? I keep seeing Ai app builders…um hell no? Or heck yeah? I’m reaading that Ai is stealing people’s ideas! Help.
Everyone has great ideas, but they’re worth nothing by themselves.

What’s your idea and what additional value do you plan on adding?

I think no one here will “steal” it…

CENTS analysis on your product’s vision?

1 year ago, I was like you. An idea, zero coding skills. Started learning code from scratch even if was not passionate about it.

Now I love solving coding problems (that will solve business problems of course)

You can hire but you’ll need to manage that hire. I currently work as a product owner and I can tell you it does require some experience to manage a development team. And your specifications better be crystal clear.

Personally I think your best option is to learn code and then code the app.

MJ mentions this in one of his videos. You have to be willing to learn a skill.

You can do it, good luck!

ironmind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 20, 2023
As a professional developer, I would say that it depends on the type of app that you want to make.
You can get very good results, with flutterflow + AI in medium complexity apps.
It going to take you lots of time if you are not a developer, but if you don't care to dedicate around 200-300 hours to make the app, you can make decent app.
If you learn programming, an app that takes 200-300 hours with no experience, could take around 40 hours.
So my recommendation is learn a little bit about programming, in around 6 months you can get a level high enough to build your own apps.

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
I’m an experienced app developer with over 20 years software dev - I most recently worked for an ex-Dallas Cowboys footballer on a fitness app at Apple labs in Cupertino.

I have an alternate income (another business) and time on my hands. I’m looking for a good idea. Hit me up if collaboration sounds at all interesting.

Last edited:

Bryan Lei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 8, 2023
I’m an experienced app developer with over 20 years software dev - I most recently worked for an ex-Dallas Cowboys footballer on a fitness app at Apple labs in Cupertino.

I have an alternate income (another business) and time on my hands. I’m looking for a good idea. Hit me up if collaboration sounds at all interesting.
Hi Colin.
You have a solid experience.
I also have an idea but I have no experience in mobile app development.
I'm more of an full-stack engineer in web development and if possible would love to connect!

Looking forward to your reply.

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
Hi Colin.
You have a solid experience.
I also have an idea but I have no experience in mobile app development.
I'm more of an full-stack engineer in web development and if possible would love to connect!

Looking forward to your reply.
Sure thing. Let's schedule a quick call to see if we're a fit?

Use this link to find a good time for a Zoom call:

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Apr 29, 2022
If you have zero $$ learn how to code.

Or learn bubble.io

Research, learn, solve.

2 years ago I started learning how to code.

Currently i'm building my 6th SaaS

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Reilly Chase (Owner of HostiFi) pointed Mr in thr direction of Laravel.

Here's a great website to learn how to build an application. If im going to be honest, it's actually quite cool :)

This can get you going. I kinda want to develop an app now over a product now that I think about it. If I were to match my skills to a business with a large TAM. A SAAS would be much better than Ecommerce. Also considering that I wouldn't want to take on ant VC or investors due to how the market landscape is right now. Yellow Trucking, Proterra EV, and WeWork are headed to Bankruptcy. Found info on YT, they pointed in the direction of because of Debt they took on.

Hope this helps :). Arvid Khal and Rob Walling are both good mentors.

In Laravel you star off by learning PHP. Go on AWS or Azure Cloud. Sign up for their Free tier plan, learn the technologies that are offered, create yourself some VMs, and Code away!

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
Reilly Chase (Owner of HostiFi) pointed Mr in thr direction of Laravel.

Laravel is an excellent framework.

It's easy to learn, there's a ton of help online and the code is available free of charge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.