The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have an idea but don't know where or how to start?!

Idea threads

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
Hello all, I have an idea for a site, which I think could be profitable, and fairly easy to run. The only problem I have is, that I don't know where to start. I've never done anything like this before, and can't fully devote myself to this right now, because I'm still in high school. What would I have to do other than buy the domain name? I'm totally new at this, and know if it was that simple, everyone would be doing it. So what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Definitely write out a full business plan. Also, talk to Tom C. from Aptohosting (a sponsor of this board). He'll help you out, but I'd recommend writing out a full plan beforehand.

Stringer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Do you have any expertise in designing, programming, and maintaining a website? Depending on what type of website you are going to operate, this is a huge consideration.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hello all, I have an idea for a site, which I think could be profitable, and fairly easy to run. The only problem I have is, that I don't know where to start. I've never done anything like this before, and can't fully devote myself to this right now, because I'm still in high school. What would I have to do other than buy the domain name? I'm totally new at this, and know if it was that simple, everyone would be doing it. So what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

I can help get you set up! The first thing you would need to do is get your domain set up. You simply go to www.aptohosting.com/domainchecker.php, and find out if your domain is available. After you choose the name you want, select a web hosting plan, our plans start at $6.95. Most likely I would get the mid range one for $12.95 per month, this allow for flexibility and lots of resources.

After you get this set up, we will talk about design and development services. If you are wanting a fully custom integrated e-commerce store with payment gateways, graphics, design, and products. You will be looking at $3500-$5000, of course I realize you are in high school, and I can offer to you what I do to all my clients. 100% interest fee flexible payments, we can create a custom made payment plan that will fit your needs.

If you have any more questions or want to get started you can email me at tom@aptohosting.com, or call me 24/7 at 1-866-404-9090.

Thanks a lot and look forward to working with you,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com
1-866-404-9090

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
Well I've taken E-Commerce in school, and we had to redesign the abercrombie and fitch website, with links, pictures, layouts, etc. We then had to design our own website, of our own choice, and I did a high-end antique furniture auction. The teacher has run multiple online businesses so I may consult her as well on this. Right now I have midterms for the next week and a half, afterwards I will dive into this, including writing up a business plan. aptohosting, this week I have midterms, after which I may very well give you a ring, or send an email to you (I'm also assuming you meant 100% interest free payments??).Yankees have you started up any businesses on your own? Thanks to all for your advice.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Well I've taken E-Commerce in school, and we had to redesign the abercrombie and fitch website, with links, pictures, layouts, etc. We then had to design our own website, of our own choice, and I did a high-end antique furniture auction. The teacher has run multiple online businesses so I may consult her as well on this. Right now I have midterms for the next week and a half, afterwards I will dive into this, including writing up a business plan. aptohosting, this week I have midterms, after which I may very well give you a ring, or send an email to you (I'm also assuming you meant 100% interest free payments??).Yankees have you started up any businesses on your own? Thanks to all for your advice.
I wish. I've put together a business plan a few times before, but I can never seem to get pass some relatively easy obstacles. I'm hoping to have something up and running by this summer. Once I get my license (this March), I'll have no more excuses because my parents won't be able to stop me. :)

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

bpk1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 13, 2008
I'll draw up a business plan after midterms. My main goal is to develop and work on this internet business, up until I go to college, and then sell it when I first start college. Preferably to pay for some of tuition. I would like to do it without informing the parents so I could surprise them if it did well, but who knows. For right now I have to study AP Bio for my midterm this Friday, then for another 5 midterms in three days next week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.