The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have a idea but don't know how practical it is?

Idea threads

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
Its a news app where instead of looking at brands like CNN, Fox. You look the writers. You can sort and follow specific writers and have a feed based on what you follow.

And where the writers come from?

How does that differ from Medium?

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Twitter but without censorship? Think up the pain points you hear people making, then make a landing page to get preorders/email addresses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018

No problem :) I'm glad I've helped(in a way).

From what I saw until now and can recall, we need to be very careful to NOT self-promote ourselves while exposing our ideas/projects, etc.

But yes, I think all the rest is okay.

But I'm still new on the forum (and so, in case I would start a thread, I would need to re-read the rules at least to give a general look). As I'm new and I still don't have a lot memorized, probably reading the rules or waiting for someone for experienced than me to answer this is the better option :)

bryantaidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 19, 2020
Tennessee
Twitter but without censorship? Think up the pain points you hear people making, then make a landing page to get preorders/email addresses.
What do you recommend to make a quick landing page?

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
Its a news app where instead of looking at brands like CNN, Fox. You look the writers. You can sort and follow specific writers and have a feed based on what you follow.

It would be cool if I could see writers, then if somehow it had a bias score. Like this writer always is biased towards this person or not. Then recommend articles that it can serve both the writer's article and then a counter article.

Something to think about

Last edited:

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
It would be cool if I could see writes, then if somehow it had a bias score. Like this writer always is biased towards this person or not. Then recommend articles that it can serve both the writer's article and then a counter article.

Something to think about

I am always wondering about features in the platform world because I don't get it how it could be really leveraged in the long-term and enough to steal users from the already established ones.

What I mean by this is: how we know there is enough supply with quality content of writers to make 2 big platforms about this successful? Assuming the public liked that idea you described, how much time it would take to Medium (and similar platforms) to do an update and implement the same? How many users would "we've got" until Medium "catch up"? If we don't have either the writers or the features, what do we really have?

I am not implying absolutely anything here.
I'm just asking these questions to try to understand what you think of that.

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
I am always wondering about features in the platform world because I don't get it how it could be really leveraged in the long-term and enough to steal users from the already established ones.

What I mean by this is: how we know there is enough supply with quality content of writers to make 2 big platforms about this successful? Assuming the public liked that idea you described, how much time it would take to Medium (and similar platforms) to do an update and implement the same? How many users would "we've got" until Medium "catch up"? If we don't have either the writers or the features, what do we really have?

I am not implying absolutely anything here.
I'm just asking these questions to try to understand what you think of that.

I am just tossing out an idea here for all those questions you would have to do market research to see how people respond, but just another through I would toss out here...

Did medium create an article site, no, they stole from Facebook, twitter, WordPress user base with what they were trying to do? Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress stole from live journal's userbase.

Iterations are what get you to the large users, starting from one seed is and hoping that it will get you the large user base will not.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
Did medium create an article site, no, they stole from Facebook, twitter, WordPress user base with what they were trying to do? Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress stole from live journal's userbase.

Medium isn't anything related with a social media,and it is different from Wordpress because it is much easier to create a blogue,but it's not a blogue,it's actually sort of a "wall of publications sorted by date,and not categories".

The target group in Wordpress is everyone who wants to start a blogue.

Medium (at least now) seems more oriented inwards .Maybe because people are paid based much more on other medium members,instead of external views (and there is a paywall anyway). People want to start publishing on Medium to be popular on Medium,not to star a blogue. Or "to start a blogue on Medium" for that matter. It's not rare to have both,and there is even the option when you publish of "this was published first externally",in thar case.

I don't have a clue why people started on Medium initially,though. (On the first years).

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016

Why is there a need? I dont get it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.