The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have a huge head start and I still feel like I'm a little stuck with the knowledge I have at this time

Springbreak2007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 27, 2022
Kamloops, BC
Hello all!

I'm a 25 year old automotive technician. I was a university football player in Canada for a few years just playing football, taking bullshit courses, and drinking and smoking weed like no tomorrow. Once I was done school at 21 I was jobless living off of welfare and at my parents house. I had a huge 180 in my lifestyle once I destroyed my mental health with the partying, drugs and alcohol, a negative mindset, being a terrible boyfriend and family member etc. I had an FTE with that aspect of my life and my well being is the best its ever been in my entire life. I changed my diet completely to a dairy, sugar, gluten free intermittent fasting diet. I'm into semen retention and cold showers and all that stuff. I wear blue blocking glasses to maintain a very strict sleep schedule. I always have worked out regularly as I grew up an athlete so this wasn't new. I learned how to meditate and control my breathing. Also figured out my brain is like a program and talk to myself in my head in a very positive way and programmed it to view the world in a positive and beneficial lens by default. I became really into fashion and how to dress very nicely all the time and dialed in my wardrobe. I learned a bit of game and PUA theory and learned how to be good with girls. Anyway you get the idea. I had an episode in my early 20s where I would have terrible panic attacks all the time. I had one that was particularly bad and that was my FTE to do everything in my absolute power to find the research and the mentors to fix my mental and physical health, and I did. I am thriving! I moved out, can get a girlfriend whenever I want and currently have one, my mind is clear and happy, I got a job and have a very dialed in, maintainable routine.

So a quick background: I went to trades school here in British Columbia, Canada to become an automotive technician(mechanic), for 6 months to be "responsible" and get the last part of my life together, my finances and career. I graduated my year 1 and have been currently a technician for 6 months now. I make $22/hr working 8- 5, 5 days a week. Every 1100 hours of work I can upgrade by going back to school for 7 weeks and get a $5 raise for a max of 3 times until year 4 and get my Red Seal Automotive Service Technician certificate for $39/hr. I am extremely blessed as I am part of a native band as my mother is indigenous and passed on her Indian Status to me. Because of this I'm the member of an Indigenous band that pays for 100% of all my tuition and tools and even rent to move away for school as they are stupid rich from government settlements(like a couple billion dollars amongst 400-500 members including me). I learned when I was 18 before university that this band had a trust fund for me when I reached 25, $500,000 CAD. My parents hid this from me as to instill a solid work ethic in me with slow lane mindsets and to be frugal and view money healthily. I greatly appreciate that they did that for me as I got the point and can highly, HIGHLY understand this massive gift I received and to use it wisely. Additionally, this same band will give me an 1100 cheque for living expenses every month. But I have to submit my paystubs and as soon as I make $15,000 dollars within the year, I no longer receive this until the next year and it repeats forever basically. If I just don't work it just comes every month for the whole year. I can also work in a shop on an Indian reservation and not pay taxes on my paycheque. I am not doing that currently as all the shops on the reservation weren't hiring or interested so I got a job off reservation until one opens up. As per my parents advice I have my trust fund set up to go into a mutual funds account making 7-8% interest per year. I was loosely promised it would double in 7 years after it has been fully invested. I will very highly likely receive another smaller settlement in the next 10 or 15 years of around 200,000 to 300,000. My current bank account right now without the trust fund is $30,000

ANYWAY, this intro isn't to shove my huge gift I got out of pure luck into people's faces. I stumbled across the Unscripted book and I still feel like my life is a script after this paradigm shift. My goal in life right now would be to have a house that's paid off or pays for itself somehow, in the interior of BC, and have all my retirement or semi retirement dealt with and just go do fun shit and enjoy life. I want freedom and TIME to spend with my girlfriend and family in a city I completely adore. The name of the game is TIME to do whatever I want in a cool place. Work maybe once a week at a chill job for groceries for the week and have time to do other projects that are worthwhile and not my 9 to 5 zombie technician job for like $900 of savings every month. Or just put all of that time into becoming great at a fast lane business while not having to worry about rent or a mortgage too much. All I want is to wake up on a random weekday and just think "What do I want to do today? Work a bit? Ride my bike? Go for a nice dinner with my girl? Go to the beach and just relax?". I am completely terrified of not enjoying more of my youth. These houses where I live are freaking expensive for a normal a$$ house. Like 600,000 to 700,000 CAD. A half duplex is like 500,000 or 600,000. Crap trailers are like 200,000 with pad rent. I'm absolutely in love with the area, but not married to it. But I am absolutely pissed off that I dont know how to buy a house here without denting my large investment too much and be able to afford the mortgage without working like a dog at a job that requires me to put in hard physical labour all day every day and get married purely for the sake of a second income. I understand I still have to put in very hard work, and I am. But after finding Unscripted I realized I'm maybe putting my work ethic in the wrong place. I have this insane head start purely out of luck and with what I want and know at this moment in time, I am still in a script anyway, and I want to escape.

My FTE was when my parents who are in their mid 50s, put all their time and effort into real estate and getting into as many rental properties as possible over the past 20 years, just to find out that the taxes on the money they'd get for selling all or some of their properties would completely mitigate all the years of hard work and basically be where they were before. They cant get out of it for another 10 or 15 years probably. My mother is very depressed as this sunk in for her and she cried for days when she found this out and that's when I (and her) realized that the slow lane path they took was a freaking scam. My heart was completely broken watching her realize this. I cannot and will not accept a life like that for them or for me.

Thanks for reading I look forward to learning more about this stuff and figure out how and where I want my energy directed at! Advice is more than welcome!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hello all!

I'm a 25 year old automotive technician. I was a university football player in Canada for a few years just playing football, taking bullshit courses, and drinking and smoking weed like no tomorrow. Once I was done school at 21 I was jobless living off of welfare and at my parents house. I had a huge 180 in my lifestyle once I destroyed my mental health with the partying, drugs and alcohol, a negative mindset, being a terrible boyfriend and family member etc. I had an FTE with that aspect of my life and my well being is the best its ever been in my entire life. I changed my diet completely to a dairy, sugar, gluten free intermittent fasting diet. I'm into semen retention and cold showers and all that stuff. I wear blue blocking glasses to maintain a very strict sleep schedule. I always have worked out regularly as I grew up an athlete so this wasn't new. I learned how to meditate and control my breathing. Also figured out my brain is like a program and talk to myself in my head in a very positive way and programmed it to view the world in a positive and beneficial lens by default. I became really into fashion and how to dress very nicely all the time and dialed in my wardrobe. I learned a bit of game and PUA theory and learned how to be good with girls. Anyway you get the idea. I had an episode in my early 20s where I would have terrible panic attacks all the time. I had one that was particularly bad and that was my FTE to do everything in my absolute power to find the research and the mentors to fix my mental and physical health, and I did. I am thriving! I moved out, can get a girlfriend whenever I want and currently have one, my mind is clear and happy, I got a job and have a very dialed in, maintainable routine.

So a quick background: I went to trades school here in British Columbia, Canada to become an automotive technician(mechanic), for 6 months to be "responsible" and get the last part of my life together, my finances and career. I graduated my year 1 and have been currently a technician for 6 months now. I make $22/hr working 8- 5, 5 days a week. Every 1100 hours of work I can upgrade by going back to school for 7 weeks and get a $5 raise for a max of 3 times until year 4 and get my Red Seal Automotive Service Technician certificate for $39/hr. I am extremely blessed as I am part of a native band as my mother is indigenous and passed on her Indian Status to me. Because of this I'm the member of an Indigenous band that pays for 100% of all my tuition and tools and even rent to move away for school as they are stupid rich from government settlements(like a couple billion dollars amongst 400-500 members including me). I learned when I was 18 before university that this band had a trust fund for me when I reached 25, $500,000 CAD. My parents hid this from me as to instill a solid work ethic in me with slow lane mindsets and to be frugal and view money healthily. I greatly appreciate that they did that for me as I got the point and can highly, HIGHLY understand this massive gift I received and to use it wisely. Additionally, this same band will give me an 1100 cheque for living expenses every month. But I have to submit my paystubs and as soon as I make $15,000 dollars within the year, I no longer receive this until the next year and it repeats forever basically. If I just don't work it just comes every month for the whole year. I can also work in a shop on an Indian reservation and not pay taxes on my paycheque. I am not doing that currently as all the shops on the reservation weren't hiring or interested so I got a job off reservation until one opens up. As per my parents advice I have my trust fund set up to go into a mutual funds account making 7-8% interest per year. I was loosely promised it would double in 7 years after it has been fully invested. I will very highly likely receive another smaller settlement in the next 10 or 15 years of around 200,000 to 300,000. My current bank account right now without the trust fund is $30,000

ANYWAY, this intro isn't to shove my huge gift I got out of pure luck into people's faces. I stumbled across the Unscripted book and I still feel like my life is a script after this paradigm shift. My goal in life right now would be to have a house that's paid off or pays for itself somehow, in the interior of BC, and have all my retirement or semi retirement dealt with and just go do fun shit and enjoy life. I want freedom and TIME to spend with my girlfriend and family in a city I completely adore. The name of the game is TIME to do whatever I want in a cool place. Work maybe once a week at a chill job for groceries for the week and have time to do other projects that are worthwhile and not my 9 to 5 zombie technician job for like $900 of savings every month. Or just put all of that time into becoming great at a fast lane business while not having to worry about rent or a mortgage too much. All I want is to wake up on a random weekday and just think "What do I want to do today? Work a bit? Ride my bike? Go for a nice dinner with my girl? Go to the beach and just relax?". I am completely terrified of not enjoying more of my youth. These houses where I live are freaking expensive for a normal a$$ house. Like 600,000 to 700,000 CAD. A half duplex is like 500,000 or 600,000. Crap trailers are like 200,000 with pad rent. I'm absolutely in love with the area, but not married to it. But I am absolutely pissed off that I dont know how to buy a house here without denting my large investment too much and be able to afford the mortgage without working like a dog at a job that requires me to put in hard physical labour all day every day and get married purely for the sake of a second income. I understand I still have to put in very hard work, and I am. But after finding Unscripted I realized I'm maybe putting my work ethic in the wrong place. I have this insane head start purely out of luck and with what I want and know at this moment in time, I am still in a script anyway, and I want to escape.

My FTE was when my parents who are in their mid 50s, put all their time and effort into real estate and getting into as many rental properties as possible over the past 20 years, just to find out that the taxes on the money they'd get for selling all or some of their properties would completely mitigate all the years of hard work and basically be where they were before. They cant get out of it for another 10 or 15 years probably. My mother is very depressed as this sunk in for her and she cried for days when she found this out and that's when I (and her) realized that the slow lane path they took was a freaking scam. My heart was completely broken watching her realize this. I cannot and will not accept a life like that for them or for me.

Thanks for reading I look forward to learning more about this stuff and figure out how and where I want my energy directed at! Advice is more than welcome!!
"Advice is more than welcome!!"

Here is my suggestion.

Write a plan where you specify all active and passive income streams you will develop in the next 10 years together with calculations of how you will reduce debt and increase your wealth. It will help reduce pain and uncertainty short term and help you long term.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...