The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have a great idea, but no idea on how to make it work?

Idea threads

Aussie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 5, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm a 20 year old Aussie dude currently in the slow lane, I'm going to claw my way up until I'm out of it, but I figure besides looking for jobs and applying for university, there's nothing stopping my pursuit of a fastlane endeavour.

I have read about half of MJ's book, then my computer crashed and I haven't had the cash to fix it, some
haven't had a chance to finish it (I will though)...

Anyway, I have an amazing idea that I believe will revolutionise an industry that millions of people are involved with and I firmly believe this will take off...

The idea is a website, a website that I know will be expensive. Now, I have NO computer skills whatsoever beyond doing the basics like Internet surfing and things like that. That doesn't matter though, because even if I did, I am almost positive that this idea would cost at least 200k to do properly.

My idea would make its money with people paying to use it.

Now, this is all relevant to basically all the big name corporations in this industry because I believe they could make a hell of a lot of money off it, not just through users, but from the results of people using this site.

I know I'm being vague, but I can't give much away, so for that I apologise.

What I want to know is, how do I arrange a meeting with one of these corporations to pitch this plan to them and offer them a percentage of the website, plus 100% of the "result". The result is something that I can't make money off because I'm not in the Industry, but through this website, the companies I deal with will not only get a percentage of the cash that users pay to subscribe, but they'll get their own clients, so it is lucrative for them.

I can draw up the business plans and articulate myself well, the problem I face is getting into a meeting to do so. The other problem I face is being in Australia, this industry is big all over the world, but it's biggest in the US.

Is an NDA enough protection to present an idea to these corporations?

I apologise for the dodgy post, I'm on a Jailbroken iPhone and it is glitching quite a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Aussie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aussie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 5, 2012
Lol, thanks for that. What I'm worried about is actually securing an interview. Also, despite what you may think (that the idea is probably a flop, lol) I would really prefer not to disclose it without an NDA. I don't think they'd have a problem with me
Asking, though.

I guess all I can do is make the business plan pretty and cold call :) thanks mate.

Oh that's easy.

1. Google Phone number...

2. Pick up phone

3. Enter number

4. Call and ask

Don't worry about an NDA, trust me they will not copy you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Oh that's easy.

1. Google Phone number...

2. Pick up phone

3. Enter number

4. Call and ask

Don't worry about an NDA, trust me they will not copy you.

This pretty much sums it up. No one cares about your idea, big corporations are not going to sign an NDA with you, so worry about actually contacting people instead of worrying about things 300 steps ahead.

Do people even bother to read the articles that MJ posts? The answers to ALL of your questions are either in the book, already answered on the forum, or in an article that MJ has written.

I can articulate myself well, the problem I face is getting into a meeting to do so

This is also contradicting lol. You can articulate but you can't sell your way into a meeting?

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I would really prefer not to disclose it without an NDA. I don't think they'd have a problem with me

It sounds to me like you don't have the start-up capital to build and launch this "idea", but you'll have the money to fight some large corporation if they "steal" your idea? Do you see the lack of congruency there?

Sue

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Many corporations are much more afraid of people coming to them with ideas than you are of them. They have much more to lose don't they.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Also, despite what you may think (that the idea is probably a flop, lol)

I don't know your idea to even think it may be a flop or not.. But trust me when I say, I have been around the block a few times and have thought, man I have got the greatest idea ever.. it is going to change that industry.

I thought about it, and thought about it.. Month after month go by.. While I am mentally spending all the cash I am going to make.

I finally get on the phone and find out within a few hours my idea sucks... totally sucks.. Like as in, it does not even make sense to them sucks..

Not saying your idea sucks, just saying I would spend a few moments on the phone and ask somebody who would know.

And if you are truly worried about someone stealing your idea, then trust me, your idea will be stuck in your head forever.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
one of my favorite jackedwards quotes in another thread:

"Every entrepreneur has a plan until they try to sell it."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.