The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

any idea on how to find customers and service providers?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
I have a good idea, but it will only work if service providers and consumers start using my service in roughly parallel. Otherwise, I run the risk that the service providers are not satisfied because they do not generate customers from my service and, conversely, no one will use my service if they do not find any service providers on it.
Does anyone have an idea how I can overcome this problem without spending a fortune on marketing?
For reference, my business model is similar to doordash's, except that I only work with 2 parties instead of 3, since doordash deals with restaurant drivers and customers.
I will only work with vendors and customers.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

constant-in

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 30, 2023
Canada
Hi,
the old chicken and egg problem. I have been there.
Overcoming the challenge of attracting both service providers and consumers simultaneously can be difficult, but there are some strategies you can try out and explore.
  • Focus on a specific geographic area or community where you can concentrate your efforts. Build a strong local presence, making it easier to attract both service providers and customers within that area.
  • Build a referral program for existing service providers and customers to refer new users with a heavy focus at the beginning.
  • Begin with a limited number of service providers and customers as a pilot program, gather feedback, and make necessary improvements before expanding to a larger audience.
  • Showcase the benefits your platform brings to both service providers and customers through testimonials, case studies, or social media posts to build trust and credibility. Double down on low-cost marketing strategies to grow the top of your funnel before you go-live.
These are just some ideas. I would certainly start small, hands-on. Maybe even fullfil the services myself in the beginning. Also, if you talk to the service providers and make them understand that they don't loose anything by being on you app, that you are in the beginning and that you are working to provide them with customers, they might be more inclined to join.

I hope that gave you some ideas to begin with.

Best,

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
Hi,
the old chicken and egg problem. I have been there.
Overcoming the challenge of attracting both service providers and consumers simultaneously can be difficult, but there are some strategies you can try out and explore.
  • Focus on a specific geographic area or community where you can concentrate your efforts. Build a strong local presence, making it easier to attract both service providers and customers within that area.
  • Build a referral program for existing service providers and customers to refer new users with a heavy focus at the beginning.
  • Begin with a limited number of service providers and customers as a pilot program, gather feedback, and make necessary improvements before expanding to a larger audience.
  • Showcase the benefits your platform brings to both service providers and customers through testimonials, case studies, or social media posts to build trust and credibility. Double down on low-cost marketing strategies to grow the top of your funnel before you go-live.
These are just some ideas. I would certainly start small, hands-on. Maybe even fullfil the services myself in the beginning. Also, if you talk to the service providers and make them understand that they don't loose anything by being on you app, that you are in the beginning and that you are working to provide them with customers, they might be more inclined to join.

I hope that gave you some ideas to begin with.

Best,
Hi

Sorry for the late reply mate!
Thank you very mutch for your inputs they helped me a lot!

Greetings

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.