The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Have 10+ Technology (apps, software) Ideas, Looking for Passionate Co-Founder

Idea threads

Dojcinovski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 29, 2014
Hey guys,

My name is Dojcinovski, I'm 21 year old and I work mostly as a content writer. This is my first post actually, but I have been a member for almost a year now. I regular read how people succeed/fail/learn/change/improve on this forum. That is why I read it every day, I've bookmarked the new post section actually.

I don't want to complicate things for no reason. The bottom line is, I'm a writer and I'm passionate about technology. I spend time reading stories and statistics and coming up with ideas. I'm looking for a person that has the same passion for technology as me.

I would love to exchange ideas and maybe start something together. Let me know if someone is interested.

Have a good day guys.

Regards,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yeezy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jul 22, 2014
New Zealand
In my opinion you should pick the best idea out of your 10 and go for it alone.

I'm looking for a person that has the same passion for technology as me.
Passion means nothing really, experience means a lot more. As long as you have the drive to be successful then you will learn and adjust along the way. Just start now.

Last edited:

Dojcinovski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 29, 2014
Hey Yeezy,

Thanks for the respond. I understand what you mean but I really prefer working with a co-founder. I believe 2 people with the same passion will work better together and many big companies are started and still running with co-founders. I know that most people prefer working alone but I prefer working with a co-founder. That is why I started this thread in the first place.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What kind of co-founder are you trying to find?

Are you trying to perform the co-founder role of developer, writer, or something else?

Dojcinovski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 29, 2014
I have a big interest in evolving and new technologies, I believe we are entering into a new age with unfathomable opportunities in the tech and health areas. Always looking for like minded people to hook up with.

Thanks for the respond Silver Spirit. I agree with you, it is always nice to have someone with the same interest to share ideas and views about technology in this case.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
You know ideas are worthless right?

Sounds like you got some good ideas and want a partner to take on all the grunt work. I don't think any bright coders would take you up on this partnership.

Why don't you just hire someone to do the coding or learn to do it yourself first?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
You need to offer something more. Right now all you're offering is an idea + some content writing skills.

The developer would be putting in way more work than you and it's a lopsided relationship.

Figure out how you can add more value before asking for such a large commitment

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX

Sounds like you got some good ideas and want a partner to take on all the grunt work. I don't think any bright coders would take you up on this partnership.

Why don't you just hire someone to do the coding or learn to do it yourself first?

Exactly this. An experienced tech entrepreneur would never accept this deal with some random dude on the internet. The only people who accept this kind of deal are too inexperienced to be very useful anyway.

My suggestion is you validate the idea, talk to customers, get sale commitments and/or emails from early users. If you tell me you have $30k in presales or 10k emails in a week from validating an idea, NOW we're getting somewhere.

Dojcinovski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 29, 2014

I don't agree that ideas are worthless and I didn't post that I'm looking for a coder. I'm looking for a co-founder because I want to have a friend along the way of building a business. I hope you understand what I mean.

forchunet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 6, 2013
Eh, I run into dozens of people just like you almost every month. Get something going first, get some sort of traction. If you still need a co founder later then one will show up and you can choose from the best.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
If you're looking for someone to keep you company, get a girlfriend.

If you need someone to do the coding for you, you should, A) Hire a programmer, and make them sign an NDA. Or B) Take on the relatively painful, but very doable task of learning to code yourself.

I'm an app developer, and I would never enter a partnership with someone; especially if I just met them online.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I don't agree that ideas are worthless and I didn't post that I'm looking for a coder. I'm looking for a co-founder because I want to have a friend along the way of building a business. I hope you understand what I mean.

So you're just looking for a co-founder, who doesn't necessarily need to be a developer? That's pretty interesting...

If you need someone to do the coding for you, you should, A) Hire a programmer, and make them sign an NDA

lol. NDA. I don't think I've seen many of those being used by startups, since neither sides have funds to do anything about it in the early stages.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
If you're looking for someone to keep you company, get a girlfriend.

Bad idea.

0606d729f323c35587ff89e949596221.jpg

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Ok, I have three points of advice for you.

One, stop stalling. Been there, with a big list of ideas, some diagram in a notebook, a bookmark folder of "things to study before starting". And a whole suitcase full of reasons to procrastinate. If that's you, beware, it's a recipe to become a screw up.

Two, ideas are a dime a dozen. I went for a glass of water in the kitchen earlier, and got jumped by a group of rogue ideas hiding in the fridge. I almost broke my wrist the other day stumbling upon a pile of ideas. They come out the goddamn walls.

Three, execution is what counts. I have no doubt some of your ideas might work; then make them work. You are a writer, write. Setup some landing page and start marketing. If your idea gets validated, you'll find partners. If not, move on. Business is not for the faint of heart.

integrity

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
I'm looking for a co-founder because I want to have a friend along the way of building a business. I hope you understand what I mean.

I wouldn't start a business with friends or family members.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.