The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Hate Doctors, Man..

A post of a ranting nature...

Nathan Monroe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 27, 2016
USA
your cat just ate half a skein of yarn. It's impacted and will die. Who's obligation is it to fix this problem?

Who's responsible for footing the bill?

All most clients see is that they're being charged $2,000 for a surgery.

This may just be the Tennessean in me, but cats are assholes. It only costs about $0.68 to fix that problem.

(Before anyone gets mad, please understand I am kidding.)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I agree that pharma companies wouldn't be thrilled about many of their drugs becoming obsolete, but the notion that they have the cure for cancer locked up in a vault in one of these company's headquarters sounds ludicrous.

You must be on the payroll at Big Pharma. I've seen the cure. Some guys on youtube infiltrated the secret mountain hideout where they keep it.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
First off, how much money do you think Vets make? I mean, they're always pushing stuff at the clinic, they must be rich right? Average starting salary for a vet is $65,000. My wife spent $300,000 plus on in state tuition. Veterinarians have one of the worst debt-income ratios for professionals.

This seems to be supporting the main point of the OP. I would think that this scenario would create an incentive for a vet to create more billable, non-essential line-items.

For the record, I think the OP is ridiculous for referring to vets as "evil scum" and don't really appreciate the tone he's set in this thread.

Also, for the record, I was ripped off by an emergency vet a few months ago, and paid $500 more than I probably should have. I let him sucker me, and there wasn't a gun to my head, so I'll take the blame and can't fault the guy for being a business owner. So, it does happen.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You can hate doctors all you want, but when it is 2AM and you have a ruptured appendix, you might like them.

Everyone is a believer in a foxhole.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Doctors, cops, and lawyers;

Everybody hates them...until they need one.

I hate lawyers even more when I need them. Bastards.

Vultures play their role in the carbon cycle, but it doesn't mean anyone's ever happy to see one.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
a drug that could treat cancer effectively and safely. No human genome manipulation required.

Dude, what do you think cancer is...?

Also, a few days ago, scientists just created a cure for leukemia. It's public knowledge.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Dude, what do you think cancer is...?

Also, a few days ago, scientists just created a cure for leukemia. It's public knowledge.

Well from my understanding, cancer is an overgrowth of malignant cells somewhere in the body.
We all have cancer cells coming and going, our bodies fights them off.
But if the body ain't up to it for whatever reason, we get tumors and other nasty side effects of that.

So there could be some drug that can target cancer cells without destroying the rest of the body like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, thats type of crap.
No need to manipulate human genome. Just need to target the cancer cells.

yes i could be full of shit lol my apologies if i am

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

Vultures play their role in the carbon cycle, but it doesn't mean anyone's ever happy to see one.
ha ha that is funny

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

My attorney just got me out of a "declare bankruptcy and go live under a bridge" level of fine from the EPA so...sometimes I'm really happy to see him lol.

(which is also why I've been on here less, sort of busy putting out fires)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
My attorney just got me out of a "declare bankruptcy and go live under a bridge" level of fine from the EPA so...sometimes I'm really happy to see him lol.

(which is also why I've been on here less, sort of busy putting out fires)

I kind of regret saying this now. Last week our firm gave us a meeting with 3 lawyers representing about 1,200 in billable time for free to help us with our current fire.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I kind of regret saying this now. Last week our firm gave us a meeting with 3 lawyers representing about 1,200 in billable time for free to help us with our current fire.

Haha, bad attorneys give the good one's a bad reputation.

Now contingency fee lawyers? Yeah, total scum. "I'll sue that hospital/doctor/business/insurance company for free! All you have to do is give me 60% of the settlement. Go to trial? What? No, I don't do that. Settlement or GTFO"

Legalized blackmail.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Now contingency fee lawyers? Yeah, total scum. "I'll sue that hospital/doctor/business/insurance company for free! All you have to do is give me 60% of the settlement. Go to trial? What? No, I don't do that. Settlement or GTFO"

Yeah, I walked around with a broken right hand for 90 days last year and got 3k. F*ckstick.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Well from my understanding, cancer is an overgrowth of malignant cells somewhere in the body.
We all have cancer cells coming and going, our bodies fights them off.
But if the body ain't up to it for whatever reason, we get tumors and other nasty side effects of that.

So there could be some drug that can target cancer cells without destroying the rest of the body like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, thats type of crap.
No need to manipulate human genome. Just need to target the cancer cells.

yes i could be full of shit lol my apologies if i am
you got it, bruh

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Back when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I also had an impacted molar removed which left a gap between two molars in the top right section of my teeth.

For the past 2.5 years, I've had braces on to correct various overcrowding and misalignment of my teeth.

My ortho has subtly been pushing me to get an implant at a dentist she has referred me to (and this dentist also referred me to the orthodontist) in order to fill this space once the braces are off.

The other option is a bridge, which is a poor choice to go because it has to grind down good teeth, but is also less expensive than an implant.

Ever since I started braces treatment and my ortho mentioned this implant as "necessary", I've been looking for ways around it.

It wasn't until less visit that I found the crack in her armor - "you don't want to be wearing retainers 24/7 do you?"

Ha, yes I do. Much rather retainers than take on a high cost, complicated procedure of having nasal lift, implanting a titanium screw into my jaw and hoping that my jaw accepts it, 6 months of visits to the dentist to get this done alone and being out of a giant chunk of change.

I feel since I had gotten into a casual conversation with her and was asking questions, she let this slip.

The key to your problems with doctors may be needing to get on a personal level with one doctor and see them over and over. A good family doctor who knows you and remembers you.

Other than that, if you have insurance, absolutely nothing wrong with follow up appointments and checkups.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.