The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Got Fired Today

Anything related to matters of the mind

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
And I finally feel free.

Background: I just graduated college this Spring, and couldn't think what I wanted to do. I always wanted to become an Entrepreneur, ever since I started running my Computer Repair business through Craigslist my Freshman year of college. At 18, I could actually help people fix something that is so necessary in today's world, and it was so exciting to me. Fast forward two years, and I had the opportunity to run a branch of another small business. I learned even more about management, leadership, and how to run a brick and mortar business. I realized what the real costs of becoming an Entrepreneur were, and shied away from starting a business. I got a job working in the logistics industry. I was gung-ho about the opportunity to make a 6-figure income right out of college, and pounced at the position. About 2 months later, I find myself on this site, and on Amazon purchasing MJ's book. It opens up my passion for becoming an Entrepreneur, and helps me realize that becoming free financially and in your time is actually something you can do without having to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. I found myself at work daydreaming about the opportunities online, and I couldn't find a passion for doing what I was doing any more. I explained to my supervisor that my head wasn't in the game, and I would be happy to look for another position within the company that doesn't require 50+ hour weeks while being on call 24/7, but I couldn't put in another hour at work in the position I was in. There were no other positions open within the company, so it was my time to go: I offered my two weeks notice to continue to help out, as my manager was out the next week, but they terminated me immediately.

I feel so free right now. It feels like the start of a new life for me.

I'm sure many are going to ask, just as my parents are: What is your plan? How are you going to pay rent? When are you going to start looking for jobs?

I know that all of that is relevant, and will need to be addressed soon. That being said, I can't help but want to celebrate, and spend more time on my "side hustle" that has been in the making over the past month. It's going to be a journey, an adventure, and a struggle, but that's all part of becoming a Fastlaner.

"What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do."

So what did this teach me today? Action is powerful. Don't be scared of what will happen, because there is ALWAYS a way to a better future. You don't have to settle for mediocrity and an unhappy life. Stop thinking, and take action. Once you actually start doing, you will breed success. I kept putting off my growing distaste for my job, and it just made things worse and worse. Once I actually spoke up, it felt freeing. Be honest with yourself, others, and your future, and do what you feel is right. In the wise words of one of my favorite brands, "Just Do It."

I will continue to post on this forum over time, and I am looking forward to the journey ahead. Feel free to post advice, comments, or criticisms below.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
As someone on this forum told me a short time ago (you know who you are!) when I was debating whether to close my computer repair business, turn the page. I won't regret it.

Well I turned the page and closed the business. I haven't regretted it once!
You've done the same. Well done and best of luck.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
Man, That's a great feeling! It's funny when they can't figure out why you are happy.

Luckily, I had the opportunity to work for a great company that understood their workplace wasn't for everyone. Now, I just have to start building my pathway to get to the fastlane!

Good for you. Life begins tomorrow.

Thank you!

As someone on this forum told me a short time ago (you know who you are!) when I was debating whether to close my computer repair business, turn the page. I won't regret it.

Well I turned the page and closed the business. I haven't regretted it once!
You've done the same. Well done and best of luck.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Computer Repair. Ah, the days. Thank you!

Sometimes quitting your job can be the best move, good luck

It's a new page in a new chapter of a totally new book for me, but I am ready for the journey. Thanks!

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
And I finally feel free.

Background: I just graduated college this Spring, and couldn't think what I wanted to do. I always wanted to become an Entrepreneur, ever since I started running my Computer Repair business through Craigslist my Freshman year of college. At 18, I could actually help people fix something that is so necessary in today's world, and it was so exciting to me. Fast forward two years, and I had the opportunity to run a branch of another small business. I learned even more about management, leadership, and how to run a brick and mortar business. I realized what the real costs of becoming an Entrepreneur were, and shied away from starting a business. I got a job working in the logistics industry. I was gung-ho about the opportunity to make a 6-figure income right out of college, and pounced at the position. About 2 months later, I find myself on this site, and on Amazon purchasing MJ's book. It opens up my passion for becoming an Entrepreneur, and helps me realize that becoming free financially and in your time is actually something you can do without having to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. I found myself at work daydreaming about the opportunities online, and I couldn't find a passion for doing what I was doing any more. I explained to my supervisor that my head wasn't in the game, and I would be happy to look for another position within the company that doesn't require 50+ hour weeks while being on call 24/7, but I couldn't put in another hour at work in the position I was in. There were no other positions open within the company, so it was my time to go: I offered my two weeks notice to continue to help out, as my manager was out the next week, but they terminated me immediately.

I feel so free right now. It feels like the start of a new life for me.

I'm sure many are going to ask, just as my parents are: What is your plan? How are you going to pay rent? When are you going to start looking for jobs?

I know that all of that is relevant, and will need to be addressed soon. That being said, I can't help but want to celebrate, and spend more time on my "side hustle" that has been in the making over the past month. It's going to be a journey, an adventure, and a struggle, but that's all part of becoming a Fastlaner.

"What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do."

So what did this teach me today? Action is powerful. Don't be scared of what will happen, because there is ALWAYS a way to a better future. You don't have to settle for mediocrity and an unhappy life. Stop thinking, and take action. Once you actually start doing, you will breed success. I kept putting off my growing distaste for my job, and it just made things worse and worse. Once I actually spoke up, it felt freeing. Be honest with yourself, others, and your future, and do what you feel is right. In the wise words of one of my favorite brands, "Just Do It."

I will continue to post on this forum over time, and I am looking forward to the journey ahead. Feel free to post advice, comments, or criticisms below.

OK Will Hodge, here is the good news and the not so good news.

You were fired...good. Too many times I hear of young people that drift off and/or quit jobs/schools etc. If you have the entrepreneurial spirit you will suck as an employee, you passed the first test...congratulations.

Go ahead and celebrate- but make it quick - you are now on the clock.

The next 100 days of your new journey will be amplified in their importance, this is a seminal moment where decisions made in the near term could significantly affect (both good and bad) the next few years of your life.

Can't wait to hear the progress.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
OK Will Hodge, here is the good news and the not so good news.

You were fired...good. Too many times I hear of young people that drift off and/or quit jobs/schools etc. If you have the entrepreneurial spirit you will suck as an employee, you passed the first test...congratulations.

Go ahead and celebrate- but make it quick - you are now on the clock.

The next 100 days of your new journey will be amplified in their importance, this is a seminal moment where decisions made in the near term could significantly affect (both good and bad) the next few years of your life.

Can't wait to hear the progress.

Hard work and sleepless nights are in store. Thanks for your honesty and support!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.