The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I dont know what to start

G

Guest5289

So I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel but from the book the fastlane mj says you should start something where you are the driver and fully in control, my question is should I start a YouTube channel or should I start something like a website or product online where I am fully in control

The fastlane is one of the best business books I've read straight to the point, no sugar coating!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Have you given a thought to less popular ideas that are very profitable now?

Wedding photography and Funeral Service are two of them.

Aging population (baby boomers) is a big theme and big business demand in the developed world. Any form of eldercare service would be a good potential business.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
First find a problem that is worth solving, then you can think about how you'll solve it.

You're trying to find solution first ... "I'm going to start a SaaS or a website.... doing what, I'm not sure yet..."

VS

"I'm going to try to solve X problem, and I believe the best way to solve this problem and impact the most people would be through X solution ..."

G

Guest5289

First find a problem that is worth solving, then you can think about how you'll solve it.

You're trying to find solution first ... "I'm going to start a SaaS or a website.... doing what, I'm not sure yet..."

VS

"I'm going to try to solve X problem, and I believe the best way to solve this problem and impact the most people would be through X solution ..."
Never saw it with that perspective, Very true!

elina_nazarova

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 23, 2019
Ukraine
So I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel but from the book the fastlane mj says you should start something where you are the driver and fully in control, my question is should I start a YouTube channel or should I start something like a website or product online where I am fully in control

The fastlane is one of the best business books I've read straight to the point, no sugar coating!

While you have viewers, customers, etc., you can't be fully in control, but it still doesn't mean you should refuse your dreams and goals.
If you want to start something, let it be smth you really enjoy doing and you feel it will be so for many many years ahead.
Good luck!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Never saw it with that perspective, Very true!

So then the question becomes; "How do I find problems worth solving?"

You need to speak with your customers and find out their biggest frustrations are in a given niche (you should select a niche based on market size - you don't want to go after super small niches with like only 1000 people).

Here are some links you might find useful.

fiverr .com/lcdanny/cold-call-and-appointment-set-leads

G

Guest5289

You need to speak with your customers and find out their biggest frustrations are in a given niche (you should select a niche based on market size - you don't want to go after super small niches with like only 1000 people).

Much appreciated!!! So much value!

G

Guest5289

Do you have any more crucial threads?

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Hamoude, there is nothing wrong with starting a youtube channel. However, it should not be the ONLY source of leads/audience/prospects that you have, since its a platform thats not under your direct control.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...