The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I Can't Work Alone... Only With Others

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Nov 14, 2018
I've noticed that I can't work alone. I start thinking instead of doing. I start over analyzing every single decision and start doubting myself.

But when I work with others, or with a partner, everything is put into perspective. It's almost as though I don't want to let my partner down, or my partner's image of me down. A business partner keeps me accountable, and I work hard without over analyzing every decision.

Is anyone else like this?

I'm curious to understand why I'm like this. It isn't even just business. For school, for example, I'm 10 times more productive if I have a study buddy, if I head to the library with someone.

With some other things I'm different. When it comes to working out, for example, I'm very self-motivated and can work out every single day.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've noticed that I can't work alone. I start thinking instead of doing. I start over analyzing every single decision and start doubting myself.

But when I work with others, or with a partner, everything is put into perspective. It's almost as though I don't want to let my partner down, or my partner's image of me down. A business partner keeps me accountable, and I work hard without over analyzing every decision.

Is anyone else like this?

I'm curious to understand why I'm like this. It isn't even just business. For school, for example, I'm 10 times more productive if I have a study buddy, if I head to the library with someone.

With some other things I'm different. When it comes to working out, for example, I'm very self-motivated and can work out every single day.
I work better when I know I’m helping someone.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Nothing to do with the post by my buddy always says..... I only drink when I'm alone or with someone else. lol This just made me think of him saying that...

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Nov 14, 2018
Nothing to do with the post by my buddy always says..... I only drink when I'm alone or with someone else. lol This just made me think of him saying that...
What do you think of the post? What do you think I can do to start grinding and working hard on my own?

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You story reminded me somehow of how one of my buddies used to say he never eats on an empty stomach.

In all seriousness though OP, I’m similar. My personal projects get put on the long finger (an Irish phrase). For me to put any urgency on them I have to think of the people I’m doing a disservice by not launching. It really helps if I speak to some of them and see them on video so I get to know them more than just an avatar.

If you think about the people you’re helping then you’ll get out of your own way. Check out the 700+ PMs thread linked to in my signature.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Nov 14, 2018
I work better when I know I’m helping someone.
One of my buddies used to say he never eats on an empty stomach.

In all seriousness though OP, I’m similar. My own personal projects get put on the long finger (an Irish phrase). For me to put any urgency on them I have to think of the people I’m doing a disservice to by not completing them.
Hm okay.

CaptainAmerica

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I work better alone, for all that I'm an extrovert.

But I'm really terrible at maintenance stuff; I'm absolute aces at setting up the dominoes though.

It's finally come to me that I NEED to hire someone who likes the maintenance, but not the project setup. Someone I can say, 'look, here's the spreadsheet for the marketing schedule, it's all loaded - make it drip out and answer any questions, okay?'

This person exists, I know. I just have to find them and make them do my bidding.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just have to find them and make them do my bidding.
You missed the evil laugh at the end?

Sounds like you need a VA, or evil minions.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom