The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I built a 10k/mo laptop business ( looking for likeminded entrepreneurs to connect with )

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
The more seasoned entrepreneurs we get are wayyyy above my level & they've specifically instructed me to find more entrepreneurs to engage with at my stage.
Oh right, so basically the same "seasoned entrepreneurs" who are "wayyyy above" your level are treating you the same way that you want to come on the forum and treat us "noobs" too? Right, got whatcha saying!

Anyway, welcome to the forums, I see you received a hearty welcome from everyone. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Guys. There are ways to point out a mistake and offer constructive criticism WITHOUT being dicks about it.

We cant claim this forum is great if we're going to act like jerks.

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Oh right, so basically the same "seasoned entrepreneurs" who are "wayyyy above" your level are treating you the same way that you want to come on the forum and treat us "noobs" too? Right, got whatcha saying!

Anyway, welcome to the forums, I see you received a hearty welcome from everyone. :)

That was simply their advice for the stage my business was currently at....no need to take it personal, was never meant to be taken out of context - :playful:

Last edited:

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Let me see if I understand this right... if I'VE built a business that allows ME to work from my laptop, YOU want ME to email you? lol The F*ck planet are you living on Elon?

Oh wait, perhaps I feel a connection with you based on how we relate together, after reading your explanation of how you were able to accomplish your current level of success... Orrrrr you just have tiger blood, amirite? #winning

I think you took my post wayyyyy out of context. I was simply looking for more entrepreneurs who are at my current stage in business, facing the same challenges of growth, scale, etc.... is that too hard to understand? Seems like it is on this forum.

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Guys. There are ways to point out a mistake and offer constructive criticism WITHOUT being dicks about it.

We cant claim this forum is great if we're going to act like jerks.

Thanks man, appreciate your maturity here....unfortunately this is the exact reason I got off the forums in the first place....too much drama, too much butthurt, not enough execution. This forum feels like junior high based off some of these replies, including MJ who sadly I once admired, but as successful as he is, has lowered himself to being a forum troll -

This is suppose be a business forum, not a therapy group or 12-step program. If anyone is seriously butthurt over my original post, which was merely an honest summary of my current business stage + challenges I'm facing....then good luck in the business world. If my original post can get you riled up the way it did, wait till you get your idea's out there into the marketplace & get honest, ruthless feedback from customers who could care less about your feelings -

Last edited:

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think you took my post wayyyyy out of context. I was simply looking for more entrepreneurs who are at my current stage in business, facing the same challenges of growth, scale, etc.... is that too hard to understand? Seems like it is on this forum.

So far only 2-3 people out of the dozen or so juvenille "passive-aggressive" commenters were able to get past themselves, past their ego's, and actually go wait, this guy found a way to quit his job, create a six figure income, and work from his laptop anywhere in the world....hey, I might be able to learn something from a guy who's actually done it! And 2-3 sent me direct messages to my inbox asking for help, and yes I replied & yes I gave them great advice based on my own trial & error over the last 5yrs.

How the f*ck do you ever expect to succeed if you can't get past your own ego? Not talking to you specifically but most who've gotten butthurt over my original post & let their ego's takeover? How will you react when the marketplace rejects your idea's or gives you negative feedback? By letting your ego take over & throwing temper tantrums? Entrepreunership isn't about feelings, it's about winning....anyone who tells you different is running a forum.

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Matt that is awesome. If I were in your shoes I would immediately buy a home in Dallas, and watch that cost of living spiral so far down your head spins.

Since your skill set is something I have looked for in the past could you help me create an online landing page for both deregulated energy choices, AND commercial roofing? The two are basically a dice game, where if you roll bigger dice you can land LARGE roof coating jobs. Considering one commercial roof can make a sales person 5-50k. And a couple hundred energy contracts can make you a monthly residual of 5-40k a month. IT is something I have been trying to do the "old fashioned way" door knocking and cold calling.

The reality is no one purchases things like that anymore. They go online. Every time. I would imagine in both arenas 60% of decision makers simply look online.

Regardless if you help me or not, great job on your laptop business. That must have been quite the trial and error.

Cheers,

James

Do you know which "keywords" in your specific niche are getting the highest results? That's where I would start...solid keyword research. If keyword research isn't your strength, you can hire someone to do it for you relatively inexpensive, then build a landing page around it. You can use organic traffic, though it will take a while to see results...if you want to fast track the process, you can use PPC to drive traffic to your landing pages & start collecting leads via email asap. So....

step 1) keyword research
step 2) create landing page
step 3) email capture service for collecting emails ( aweber, etc )
step 4) run ads to your landing page, targeting your ideal customers ( fb ads, google adwords, yt )

You're going to have to tweak your ad copy & landing pages to really optimize your conversions & see what's bringing you the highest roi

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Matt,

With all due respect there are a ton of people here who execute and hustle everyday that maybe aren't doing 10k a month but maybe aren't total noobs. Not everyone here is looking for a free ride but most people here are willing to help anyone regardless of who they are - I know I am.

Anyhow, I'm not going to get on the bandwagon but it would probably help to be a little nicer as well. You get places when you help people no matter what stage in the game you're at.

I'm super curious now...what brings you here, what do you plan to get out of this forum, and how can you help people regardless of who they are?

Steve

No worries Steve. Honestly what I was looking to get out of this forum was to find likeminded entrepreneurs who are crushing it or noobs who wouldn't let my words stop them & want to go out there & crush it together...hey, I'm all in! Though what I've found mostly is a lot of oversensitivity, passive aggressiveness, immaturity, and juvenille responses rather than a hardcore entrepreneurial forum.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Do you know which "keywords" in your specific niche are getting the highest results? That's where I would start...solid keyword research. If keyword research isn't your strength, you can hire someone to do it for you relatively inexpensive, then build a landing page around it. You can use organic traffic, though it will take a while to see results...if you want to fast track the process, you can use PPC to drive traffic to your landing pages & start collecting leads via email asap. So....

step 1) keyword research
step 2) create landing page
step 3) email capture service for collecting emails ( aweber, etc )
step 4) run ads to your landing page, targeting your ideal customers ( fb ads, google adwords, yt )

You're going to have to tweak your ad copy & landing pages to really optimize your conversions & see what's bringing you the highest roi

Thanks for your response. I'll start taking a swing at doing it myself. Do you have a preferred method/service when it comes to building landing pages?

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
That was simply their advice for the stage my business was currently at....no need to take it personal, was never meant to be taken out of context - :playful:
It's definitely all good, cool of you to join the forum, we get really passionate around here regarding business, but that's really because of how we enjoy assisting each other towards fulfilment and absolute elevation.

Welcome aboard, you will learn a lot of great things, not only about business but about life generally as the platform is well-rounded. Kudos on your path in entrepeneurship also.

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for your response. I'll start taking a swing at doing it myself. Do you have a preferred method/service when it comes to building landing pages?

You can use optimizepress which is a one time fee & has everything you need. Or you can pay monthly for something more advanced like leadpages or clickfunnels, though you don't really need all that if you're just starting out.

Matt-Katt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 29, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's definitely all good, cool of you to join the forum, we get really passionate around here regarding business, but that's really because of how we enjoy assisting each other towards fulfilment and absolute elevation.

Welcome aboard, you will learn a lot of great things, not only about business but about life generally as the platform is well-rounded. Kudos on your path in entrepeneurship also.

Thanks for having me...

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Perhaps you should actually go the complete opposite way than you're trying to go. If you want to improve your business maybe the noobs/newbies or whatever the hell they are, are the people you should be soliciting for advice on where you can improve your service. After all these individuals are more likely to take interest in your YouTube channel than is someone who is busy running their business. Assess their feedback, then adjust your business approach according to those echoes. Don't look down on newbies. Embrace them.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
You can use optimizepress which is a one time fee & has everything you need. Or you can pay monthly for something more advanced like leadpages or clickfunnels, though you don't really need all that if you're just starting out.
Really like Optmizepress as opposed to paying someone 4500 bucks a month to do relatively the same things. Thanks for the tip.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
getting their idea out there as quickly as possible, even if it's not perfect, just to see if they can get any traction
Yep sage advice for those who are always over-thinking it. A friend always says he's pleased he's not too smart, as so many smart people talk themselves out of great ideas!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...