The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I bought a Supercar and got a lot of slowlane lessons...

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"It doesn't matter how many times you fail. It doesn't matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and from those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are." - Mark Cuban

Congratulations!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
This is a perspicacious question. Very good. That's fastlane thinking.

The answer is "no," but not for any of the reasons you listed. Wait for the progress thread. Everything will become clear. Spoiler alert: This car was free.
Awesome, congrats. Can't wait for the progress thread.

I also just learnt a new word, perspicacious. :cool:

switchinglanes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 21, 2013
What a lovely car. Congratulations and well done. Will be anticipating your progress thread and your story. :thankyousign:

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Congrats on moving so quickly into the Fastlane. Interested to see what your mindset was throughout the process to accelerate so quickly into it. Looking forward to your progress thread.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
It is a lovely car but after only two months in business even if it is going very well, how can you be sure that this car will not end in your liability list?

I guess you could charge an access fee to your coming progress thread and pay for the car out of this money with all the people looking forward to reading it :)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It is a lovely car but after only two months in business even if it is going very well, how can you be sure that this car will not end in your liability list?

You can never be totally sure with anything, that's part of what incapacitates most people in a state of mediocrity. Even at a brick and mortar 9-5, you can get laid off or downsized (just happened to my good friend, project manager at huge pharmaceutical firm for 25 years, making tons of money, now has to relocate his whole family 1,200 miles to a new city when his son was halfway through high school.)

This car is a risk I control, and I controlled it by doing my homework. Like I said in my first liquidity defense thread, knowledge is the magic bullet when you're first starting out, and my knowledge of cars is incredibly formidable. Anytime you know something valuable that other people don't know, making money is as simple as figuring out how to leverage the contents of your own brain.

I guess you could charge an access fee to your coming progress thread and pay for the car out of this money with all the people looking forward to reading it

Nah, not after how much this forum has helped me with info. However, I am planning on showing people my project. That's why I'm waiting a bit to tell everyone, I want people to see it and see the value in it and it's not quite ready for launch day yet and I don't want people to see something half-baked, I want people to see and understand the whole deal. I feel like a general in a battle: There was a plan before the fighting started, now do-or-die decisions are being made on the fly without time to pause and think.

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
I guess you could charge an access fee to your coming progress thread and pay for the car out of this money with all the people looking forward to reading it
Nah, not after how much this forum has helped me with info. However, I am planning on showing people my project. That's why I'm waiting a bit to tell everyone, I want people to see it and see the value in it and it's not quite ready for launch day yet and I don't want people to see something half-baked, I want people to see and understand the whole deal. I feel like a general in a battle: There was a plan before the fighting started, now do-or-die decisions are being made on the fly without time to pause and think.

It was just kidding

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I know, but there was a grain of truth to what you were saying. I was waiting partially so that people would have a chance to consider my business as a whole.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
You should make it scream man. Those years have, without a doubt, the best exhaust note out of anything... ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu2qO7I-uhQ - 50 seconds...

And it must feel nice to be in control, knowing that YOU got that on your own. I can't wait to get that feeling.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
You should make it scream man. Those years have, without a doubt, the best exhaust note out of anything... ever

You have no idea. My car has a full Belanger exhaust from headers all the way back, ultra high flow single cats, and a tune. One 6,000RPM kick at idle sets off car alarms.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for the post, it's legendary with the takeaways.

Congrats too...

BTW, wait until you start hearing the "How much gas mileage does this get?" questions ... it will drive you literally insane to the point you won't want to drive it anymore. I think that was the most common question I heard over the years of driving Vipers and Lambos.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
I have a guess as to how you're doing it, since a buddy of mine got an Audi R8 for "free" in two years, but I won't steal your thunder :D

Looking forward to your progress thread to see if you've found a better/easier way!

stefan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 29, 2013
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the very interesting story and I'm blue balled for your execution thread!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I never bought the muscle car (thank God...)

Sorry to hijack, but I have you speed+ for making the right decision.

$50,000 can make quite a bit of money but it won't make a dime if you spend it on a car

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Hi man...... Well done and thanks for creating such an informative thread...You nailed so many points here the least one being the car imo. Looking forward to your progressive thread . Your willingness to share your knowledge here like so many others on this platform is nobility on a global scale. .......The motivation behind TMF

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Thank you for the post, it's legendary with the takeaways.

Congrats too...

BTW, wait until you start hearing the "How much gas mileage does this get?" questions ... it will drive you literally insane to the point you won't want to drive it anymore. I think that was the most common question I heard over the years of driving Vipers and Lambos.

Are you gonna get another supercar?

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
wow, im surprised by the comments of slowlaners.

Dont understand me wrong its a nice car but after reading the comments i thought they were talking about a gold plated Bugatti Veyron SS.
If you work SMART you can have it.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I think a lot of the reticence comes from fastlaners. Like MJ said, if you're buying a car for pleasure, than it's kind of a toxic asset-you need to wait until it won't do any appreciable harm to your finances. I don't know if I can agree with his "pack of gum" analogy; getting your dream car will always matter more and be a far more visceral experience than a pack of gum, even if the financial investment isn't one that needs to be carefully contemplated, but I get his point. Like I said to the guy who wisely avoided buying the muscle car, when you're still coming up, stay away from luxury items.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

^This man knows. It's already started at gas stations.

Not that I'd let the haters bother me anyway, but I also DD a 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid (literally the most fuel efficient non-electric car ever sold in the USA) every day, so I care even less what the haters say than I would normally. I get 61MPG highway when I'm hypermiling it, and then lean into the Viper for 10-20 MPG 1-2 days a week. I don't really understand how that's any worse than the SUV piloting soccer moms who get 16MPG 7 days a week with a 20 passenger, 8,500lbs land tanks as their only cars. Yet it's inevitably somebody climbing out of a Navigator or BMW X5 that's ribbing me for my fuel usage... sigh.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
"If you want to drive a 3 series or a Lexus, get a better job. If you want to drive a supercar, create a better job."

Wow! Great quote! So interesting to see how a car can challenge so many people's thoughts on money. Why do most people automatically assume they can't have it? Or that they're 'not worthy'?

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
First off, CONGRATS!!

That was my dream car growing up...even over Ferrari's and Lambo's.

When I was 24 (I'm 31 now) I went to look at purchasing a 2000 Viper ACR. The very first car I came across on the test drive, the passenger was literally hanging out of the window gawking at the car. I never ended up buying the car.

I LOVE the new Viper that just came back out! Old style looks with modern comforts and a nice interior, LOVE IT!

And it's amazing the mindsets you came across in only 30 hours. Pretty sad that people have such limiting beliefs.

Maybe I'll see you around. I'm in the Philly area...western Suburbs.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Pretty sad that people have such limiting beliefs.

I get the reality behind this, but most people I talk to, and even looking at myself, it's not beliefs that limit you, it's failure to execute. I know so many people who believe in themselves 100% all the way to $55,000/yr with partial benefits for four decades.

I'd rather have someone who executes 16 hours a day all while preaching their own incompetence and propensity to fail than someone who thinks they're the next John Rockefeller but can't stop playing GTA V long enough to build a web page.

sybariten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 4, 2012
Congratulation on the Viper! I look forward to following this thread to see what happened during those two months.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
When you buy a car like this, remember to grab some dozens of TMFs to spread the love around.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I bought the Dodge challenger 5 years ago brand new and yes I was ballin in front of my friends and others but really I had a poor mans mentality.

I want to say this again: Don't buy sports cars when you're struggling to make money. It's poison and a lose lose: A Challenger isn't really that cool of a car, but it probably took a bigger bite out of our liquidity than MJ's Lambo took out of his, or my Viper took out of mine. It took you out of the game. You made the right choice to sell it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.