Okay so this is a bit creepy. I began to really take a look at myself a lot more in the last few months. I have made strong attempts to change different parts of my life. For instance, I have lost 35 lbs and I have super focused on writing a novel and getting it published. But, this weekend I noticed something about me. I became aware of a single trait of mine and have been trying to figure out why I do it.
Okay so here it is. I can drink several cups of coffee but when I clean up my messes there is always a little bit left at the bottom. I figured it may be something about the bottom tasting gross, or by the time I get there it's too cold and I have learned not to finish it. I then realized at dinner I leave a tiny bit (half a swig) of milk at the bottom. Why?
There are several books I have read that are bookmarked with just 20 or 30 pages left I have never finished. I then realized that the closer I became to accomplishing any goal no matter how small or how big I begin to take the pressure off.
I am thinking it could be fear of success? I have told myself, and others, that fear isn't one of my traits. I am wondering if fear resides deep inside on a level I am not even aware of. Could it be stemmed from childhood? Why do I look around and see things not finished when I want it so badly?
It's not everything, because I am still going strong on my physical health and my books. But if I had to be honest with myself, all the old habits are possibly preventing me from following through completely. I just never thought of myself as fearing success. In fact, I feel I have embraced it.
Is there something else I am missing possibly? Does anyone have any theories? The sooner I can sort through this, the sooner I can deal with it. Thoughts anyone?
Okay so here it is. I can drink several cups of coffee but when I clean up my messes there is always a little bit left at the bottom. I figured it may be something about the bottom tasting gross, or by the time I get there it's too cold and I have learned not to finish it. I then realized at dinner I leave a tiny bit (half a swig) of milk at the bottom. Why?
There are several books I have read that are bookmarked with just 20 or 30 pages left I have never finished. I then realized that the closer I became to accomplishing any goal no matter how small or how big I begin to take the pressure off.
I am thinking it could be fear of success? I have told myself, and others, that fear isn't one of my traits. I am wondering if fear resides deep inside on a level I am not even aware of. Could it be stemmed from childhood? Why do I look around and see things not finished when I want it so badly?
It's not everything, because I am still going strong on my physical health and my books. But if I had to be honest with myself, all the old habits are possibly preventing me from following through completely. I just never thought of myself as fearing success. In fact, I feel I have embraced it.
Is there something else I am missing possibly? Does anyone have any theories? The sooner I can sort through this, the sooner I can deal with it. Thoughts anyone?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
