The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am going all in

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I got banned again in Fiverr. My journey working for myself can be found here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/financial-independence-journey.66861/

question.JPG

The reason they told is wrong because in the new account I made I only have 1 buyer. This buyer was so happy with my work that he gave me a new order. They stooped to a level where they lie about talking to Trust and Safety team.

I know that most people are happy with Fiverr. But for me this is the end of it.
I literally spent 200 hours delivering orders in Fiverr. I made around $200. And all the money is with Fiverr itself.

Now this is what i am going to do from now on

I am going ALL IN.
I am literally F*cking going all in.
I am going to work 14 hours a day.
I am sick of spending past 7 months jobless. I can easily get a job if i want. I am literally poor for doing my own thing. Its the choice i made.
Now I am going to pay for it. Gladly.
I have a new plan worked out and I am going to execute.

No more daydreaming, no more working out, no more sleeping even though i have sleep paralysis

This is it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
A lot of you "hustlers" have your hearts in the right place.

I wish I could say the same for your heads...

I got banned again in Fiverr.

Lol, damn.

My journey working for myself can be found here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/financial-independence-journey.66861/

View attachment 12207

I know that most people are happy with Fiverr. But for me this is the end of it.
I literally spent 200 hours delivering orders in Fiverr. I made around $200. And all the money is with Fiverr itself.

That's a dollar an hour. Not good.

You can make more begging for change outside of a mall.

I am going ALL IN.
I am sick of spending past 7 months jobless. I can easily get a job if i want. I am literally poor for doing my own thing. Its the choice i made.

No more daydreaming, no more working out, no more sleeping even though i have sleep paralysis

Yeesh, dude. Are you a masochist?

I think you're looking at the world through "broke lenses." It's how you look at the world when you have no money. When you have no money, ANY way to make money sounds good (even when it's not).

Please at least consider getting a sales job - so you can start making money NOW - and then hopefully your next post will be less painful.

Last edited:

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
I got banned again in Fiverr. My journey working for myself can be found here - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/financial-independence-journey.66861/

View attachment 12207

The reason they told is wrong because in the new account I made I only have 1 buyer. This buyer was so happy with my work that he gave me a new order. They stooped to a level where they lie about talking to Trust and Safety team.

I am going ALL IN.

This is it.
Hey, I like the fire, I do. The hard part is cultivating and keeping it roaring, even when the anger passes.

I agree with @Ubermensch. Sales. For two reasons:

1. You get to cash commission checks now. Instead of waiting to climb out of the hole in a fury of desperation, get a job in sales, learn what it means to sell, and get yourself to a monetary level from which you can plan your next move with a clear head. To use @Ubermensch's term, no good decision can possibly be made through "broke lenses". So solve that problem first.

2. Selling is the king of professional skills. It will be the most vital thing you learn, and can be transferred to anything you decide to do.

Good luck, mate. Like a said, I like the fire.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Lets help you out brother

"I have a new plan worked out and I am going to execute."

Whats the plan? Hopefully it can be something which will give you a higher return on investment of your time (as opposed to $1 an hour)

Great attitude. A lot of CEO's do this. BUT... It's not so much the hours you put in, but the quality of the output of your efforts. If you can achieve 14 hours of work in 8 hours wouldn't that be better? You simply need to GET SHIT DONE. Think about it. You need to have an end goal in mind and then the hours just come. Let's say you want to run 10 miles today. This is much better than saying "I'm going to run for an hour and a half". By saying you are going to run 10 miles you are going to achieve a specific result. By running for an hour and a half you can walk, jog, skip, stop, run backwards, walk on your hands, do cartwheels and all sorts of shit just to fill up that time gap. It's an illusion that makes you feel productive. Ever heard of people talking about them being "busy"? A lot of times "busy" is just BULL SHIT. Busy is usually non-productive work just to fill in the time. That's a slowlane 9 to 5 cubicle mentality. Did you know that most employees work an 8 hour shift but only put in 2 hours of productive work? Just ponder on that for a second...

"No more daydreaming"

Awesome! Take action!

"No more working out"

Take it easy fella! If your health is in bad shape you're not going to be productive and you won't be able put in the work necessary to achieve your goals. Make time for your workouts. Need a tip? If you're too lazy to go to the gym, if it's too far away from home, and a million other excuses that you (and I sometimes) make in order to not workout, do this: 20 minute workout - Max reps of pushups. Switch. Max rep of situps. Switch. Max reps bodyweight squats. Do this for 20 minutes non-stop and I guarantee you will be breaking a sweat.

Keep this in mind.... A good workout is composed of the FIIT principle

Frequency
Intensity
Time
Type

High intensity, lower time. = Quick effective workout.

"No more sleeping"

This is a beautiful phrase for YouTube motivational videos. A lot of times we really don't sleep in order to achieve a specific goal we set out for the day. However, how good do you feel on a bad nights sleep? I know that if I sleep really bad, I feel heavy, tired, sluggish. Psychically, my body feels terrible and my productivity decreases dramatically. Get a good nights sleep brother...

To quote Machiavelli - "The ends justify the means."

It's all about the end result.

Think about that...

- Thiago

Last edited:

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014

Whats the plan? Hopefully it can be something which will give you a higher return on investment of your time (as opposed to $1 an hour)

Great attitude. A lot of CEO's do this. BUT... It's not so much the hours you put in, but the quality of the output of your results. If you can achieve 14 hours of work in 8 hours wouldn't that be better? You simply need to GET SHIT DONE. Think about it. You need to have an end goal in mind and then the hours just come. Let's say you want to run 10 miles today. This is much better than saying "I'm going to run for an hour and a half". By saying you are going to run 10 miles you are going to achieve a specific result. By running for an hour and a half you can walk, jog, skip, stop, run backwards, walk on your hands and do all sorts of shit just to fill up that time gap. It's an illusion that makes you feel productive. Ever heard of people talking about them being "busy"? A lot of times "busy" is just BULL SHIT. Busy is usually non-productive work just to fill in the time. That's a slowlane 9 to 5 cubicle mentality. Did you know that most employees work an 8 hour shift but only put in 2 hours of productive work? Just ponder on that for a second...

"No more daydreaming"

Awesome! Take action!

"No more working out"

Take it easy fella! If your health is in bad shape you're not going to be productive and you won't be able put in the work necessary to achieve your goals. Make time for your workouts. Need a tip? If you're too lazy to go to the gym, if it's too far away from home, and a million other excuses that you (and I sometimes) make in order to not workout, do this: 20 minute workout - Max reps of pushups. Switch. Max rep of situps. Switch. Max reps bodyweight squats. Do this for 20 minutes non-stop and I guarantee you will be breaking a sweat.

Frequency
Intensity
Time
Type

"No more sleeping"

This is a beautiful phrase for YouTube motivational videos. And honestly, some of it is true. A lot of times we really don't sleep in order to achieve a specific goal we set out for the day. However, how good do you feel on a bad nights sleep? I know that if I sleep really bad, I feel heavy, tired, sluggish. Psychically, my body feels terrible and my productivity decreases dramatically. Get a good nights sleep brother...

Think about that...

- Thiago
Excellent advice.

Identify the things that provide you no value. Cut them out, like you said.

Identify the things that are necessary to perform at the optimal level (exercise, sleep, etc.) and make them as efficient as possible.

If you don't work out or sleep, I can tell you without a doubt that you will burn out fast. The slump that comes after that is the worst possible outcome. Better to attack the world steadily than in short, quickly-dying bursts.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany

Great attitude. A lot of CEO's do this. BUT... It's not so much the hours you put in, but the quality of the output of your results. If you can achieve 14 hours of work in 8 hours wouldn't that be better? You simply need to GET SHIT DONE. Think about it. You need to have an end goal in mind and then the hours just come. Let's say you want to run 10 miles today. This is much better than saying "I'm going to run for an hour and a half". By saying you are going to run 10 miles you are going to achieve a specific result. By running for an hour and a half you can walk, jog, skip, stop, run backwards, walk on your hands, do cartwheels and all sorts of shit just to fill up that time gap. It's an illusion that makes you feel productive. Ever heard of people talking about them being "busy"? A lot of times "busy" is just BULL SHIT. Busy is usually non-productive work just to fill in the time. That's a slowlane 9 to 5 cubicle mentality. Did you know that most employees work an 8 hour shift but only put in 2 hours of productive work? Just ponder on that for a second...

"No more daydreaming"

Awesome! Take action!

"No more working out"

Frequency
Intensity
Time
Type

"No more sleeping"

This is a beautiful phrase for YouTube motivational videos. A lot of times we really don't sleep in order to achieve a specific goal we set out for the day. However, how good do you feel on a bad nights sleep? I know that if I sleep really bad, I feel heavy, tired, sluggish. Psychically, my body feels terrible and my productivity decreases dramatically. Get a good nights sleep brother...

Think about that...

- Thiago

Thank you, great post. :)

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
They stooped to a level where they lie about talking to Trust and Safety team.
This is one problem that I don't understand. If you were delivering your absolute best to your clients, you shouldn't be getting banned. In all seriousness, $200 isn't that much money to be made off of fiverr.
Your clients, if they like your work, would be placing more orders or asking for more services from you.

And lets look at this from a Grant Cardone point of view, stop being a victim. It's your fault that you got banned. They lied on you. Why? Who knows, but it's your responsibility to make it so you can't get lied on.
You got banned a second time because you didn't follow the TOS Fiverr has.

I am going ALL IN.

Doing what?
You're like a loaded shotgun in the hands of a toddler.

You spent 7 months jobless, on purpose?
Who is taking care of you?
You've been all in...
Just the wrong kind of all in.

Please at least consider getting a sales job - so you can start making money NOW - and then hopefully your next post will be less painful.
I second this.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
Why don't you build a website advertising your skills as an XYZ (whatever it was you were doing on Fiverr).
Pay someone on Fiverr to build you a list of potential customers.

Use your 14 hours a day to chase those customers for sales.

Then once you get the sales, find someone else on Fiverr to do the actual work.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
A lot of you "hustlers" have your hearts in the right place.

I wish I could say the same for your heads...

Lol, damn.

That's a dollar an hour. Not good.

You can make more begging for change outside of a mall.

Yeesh, dude. Are you a masochist?

I think you're looking at the world through "broke lenses." It's how you look at the world when you have no money. When you have no money, ANY way to make money sounds good (even when it's not).

Thanks. I got what you meant and I agree with it. I heard your Sales podcast in this Forum. But I quit a very well paid job 7 months ago because I chose not to work again. it was not a sales job. But to tell you the truth I do not want to go for a different job again. Thats my last resort. But thanks, if i do get a job again in my life its going to be a sales job.

Hey, I like the fire, I do. The hard part is cultivating and keeping it roaring, even when the anger passes.

I agree with @Ubermensch. Sales. For two reasons:

1. You get to cash commission checks now. Instead of waiting to climb out of the hole in a fury of desperation, get a job in sales, learn what it means to sell, and get yourself to a monetary level from which you can plan your next move with a clear head. To use @Ubermensch's term, no good decision can possibly be made through "broke lenses". So solve that problem first.

2. Selling is the king of professional skills. It will be the most vital thing you learn, and can be transferred to anything you decide to do.

Good luck, mate. Like a said, I like the fire.

Yeah. I cannot rely on anger for long term. I need to build momentum in my new activities as early as possible. Thanks for the good luck brother.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

Great attitude. A lot of CEO's do this. BUT... It's not so much the hours you put in, but the quality of the output of your results. If you can achieve 14 hours of work in 8 hours wouldn't that be better? You simply need to GET SHIT DONE. Think about it. You need to have an end goal in mind and then the hours just come. Let's say you want to run 10 miles today. This is much better than saying "I'm going to run for an hour and a half". By saying you are going to run 10 miles you are going to achieve a specific result. By running for an hour and a half you can walk, jog, skip, stop, run backwards, walk on your hands, do cartwheels and all sorts of shit just to fill up that time gap. It's an illusion that makes you feel productive. Ever heard of people talking about them being "busy"? A lot of times "busy" is just BULL SHIT. Busy is usually non-productive work just to fill in the time. That's a slowlane 9 to 5 cubicle mentality. Did you know that most employees work an 8 hour shift but only put in 2 hours of productive work? Just ponder on that for a second...

"No more daydreaming"

Awesome! Take action!

"No more working out"

Frequency
Intensity
Time
Type

"No more sleeping"

Think about that...

- Thiago

This is such a Golden post, thanks Thiago.
Allright, the first thing I am doing with this I am making weekly goals and I will execute it. I already have my goals for this week setup. It does not really matter how many hours i work as long as i get shit done.

About health and sleep, its mandatory, i get it. If i do not sleep well i get sleep paralysis and headache. I will just try to keep it steady for a while until everything settles down. I am not going to work hard on my fitness goals until the financial goal meets though. I only have two months until my savings run out.

But golden advice, its good to have a reminder.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
This is one problem that I don't understand. If you were delivering your absolute best to your clients, you shouldn't be getting banned. In all seriousness, $200 isn't that much money to be made off of fiverr.
Your clients, if they like your work, would be placing more orders or asking for more services from you.

And lets look at this from a Grant Cardone point of view, stop being a victim. It's your fault that you got banned. They lied on you. Why? Who knows, but it's your responsibility to make it so you can't get lied on.
You got banned a second time because you didn't follow the TOS Fiverr has.

Doing what?
You're like a loaded shotgun in the hands of a toddler.

You spent 7 months jobless, on purpose?
Who is taking care of you?
You've been all in...
Just the wrong kind of all in.

I second this.

Thanks.
As for Fiverr banning me you should read about it online. Fiverr has the shitties CS on earth, its run by Zendesk though. My client gave me a second order because he loved my work, and i had 14 positive rating all 100%. I understand that they run a marketplace for service business and will have outrageous amount of support request. But I am pretty sure they cannot top the support requests faced by Godaddy, Fiverr is just trying to save money there. I got banned first time because my customer sent a spammy message and I got banned second time because they blacklisted my IP. Thats the only explanation I can give.

But I think this is a blessing in disguise. I know what Fiverr (Or any other dependent business) can do to you in a second. If I am a company generating 90% of my leads through Instagram and if IG bans me, I rather have a backup plan built much earlier.

If you want to check my quality please give me a web building job now haha. It will help me as well :)

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Why don't you build a website advertising your skills as an XYZ (whatever it was you were doing on Fiverr).

Woah I like this idea. I am writing it down in my commonplace. Thanks brother.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015

I agree on this! 200 hours and just 200$? Dude honestly... that doesn't sound intelligent. My recommendation is the same as @apexstrat.

Let's say, if you were designing Facebook ads on Fiverr, create a website that is specialized on Ad Design (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.).

Learn about copy writing and make that website a conversion machine!

Go on a traffic source (Facebook ads, Youtube ads, Twitter ads...), choose one of them and learn about that. Then start giving ads and driving traffic to your site.

Get those leads to apply and close them on their projects.

If you want to differentiate yourself from the design work, outsource one designer and give him a percentage. Just do the closing and sales part of the business.

You can even charge more than just 5$ (if your marketing and branding looks professional).

Good luck on your journey!

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I agree on this! 200 hours and just 200$? Dude honestly... that doesn't sound intelligent. My recommendation is the same as @apexstrat.

Let's say, if you were designing Facebook ads on Fiverr, create a website that is specialized on Ad Design (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.).

Learn about copy writing and make that website a conversion machine!

Go on a traffic source (Facebook ads, Youtube ads, Twitter ads...), choose one of them and learn about that. Then start giving ads and driving traffic to your site.

Get those leads to apply and close them on their projects.

If you want to differentiate yourself from the design work, outsource one designer and give him a percentage. Just do the closing and sales part of the business.

You can even charge more than just 5$ (if your marketing and branding looks professional).

Good luck on your journey!

I am going to do this. I actually had this idea earlier as well but did not execute.

As for the 200$ work I did that because I wanted to learn a lot as well. I did a work that was much beyond my skill level at the time. My task was to rebuild a website built in a complicated CMS called TYPO3 to WordPress. And make it look as close as possible. I was able to make it 99% same. The guy probably saved $500 to $1000 dollars because every service who does such jobs online asks money in that range.

Fiverr customers are sometimes funny as hell. I received a request to make a website like "owners.com" for $5. Yeaaahh..... right.

Sociable

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 5, 2015
Fiverr customers are sometimes funny as hell. I received a request to make a website like "owners.com" for $5. Yeaaahh..... right.

No way! haha. That's sounds fun.

This is why defining your perfect customer is important.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
I am going to do this

Making money like this is so simple and you'll see results fast.

The important thing is to avoid distraction, park any other side projects you have on, focus on this and grind out an income.
It isn't fastlane, YET, but it'll get you some money coming in that you can reinvest in making it more fastlane.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Bro, you had been exploited for too long. Grab life by its balls and get what's yours!

1) Specialize in your area and kick your prices up. It will take some time to generate some revenue, but if you do good work, your advertisement will be your happy customers. And, believe me, word of mouth is a hell of a marketing beast!

2) Use Odesk/Freelancer websites. Take all tests you can, score as high as you can, build a quality portfolio and start hunting for customers. Believe me, when you have a quality portfolio, positive feedback and good test scores, people will not cut any corners when you ask for 30$ an hour. It will take some time, but it's worth every inch of your effort.Down the road, you could build a competitive team and delegate any tasks you cant undertake to your team mates.

Best of luck!

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
Search "Grant Cardone" on search bar and you'll see it all appears to be the same little group of users posting about him. They also post about sales skills. Grant are you on the forum?

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Search "Grant Cardone" on search bar and you'll see it all appears to be the same little group of users posting about him. They also post about sales skills. Grant are you on the forum?

a lot of entrepreneurs here are taking the sales route, so inevitably the most famous sales guy is going to come up. your point?

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
a lot of entrepreneurs here are taking the sales route, so inevitably the most famous sales guy is going to come up. your point?
I'm not going to argue but I think you guys are affiliated in some way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.