What's new

Hungry for more

Which road should I take?

  • Focus on building a CENTS business from scratch

    Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Build a lifestyle business so I can quit my job and build a CENTS business

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apprentice with my uncle at his tech company while still working my job

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    2

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
246
Location
México
Rep Bank
$1,635
User Power: 252%
Hello FastLane Forum,

My name's Brett and I've almost finished listening to The Millionaire Fastlane and will be listening to Unscripted immediately after.
I will be buying and reading the books as well so that I can take extensive notes and truly digest all of the principles that MJ lays out. I first heard of his books while listening to Hal Elrod's podcast.

The idea first popped into my head a few years ago while living in New Zealand that I wanted to own my own business. I never really took too many steps toward this idea til I was living in Viet Nam and had a lot of spare time on my hands. I decided to try out publishing books on KDP, but never stuck with it to see any result from my actions.

On my flight back to Canada, I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and it was a huge slap in the face that I needed to change how I was living my life. Once I got home, I got a job selling cars and I've been doing that since (about two years) with a brief stint with LeafFilter. I've been focused on improving my communication and sales skills as I'm not a lawyer, accountant, or engineer, but I still want to own a business and you have to be the best at something in order to do this.

I put having my own business on hold in favour of building my skills. Reading The Millionaire Fastlane is that second slap in my face that I need to get rich quickly, not rich once I'm 60.

My question to you experienced people of this forum is:
  • Should I focus on building a business from scratch that 100% follows the CENTS commandments?
  • Or should I build a laptop lifestyle business so that I can have more free time to build my fastlane?
  • Or go apprentice with my uncle at his tech company and learn the ropes of business from him?
Comments would be much appreciated and I have a thick skin and can take tough love.

Thank you for taking the time to read my intro.

- Brett
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jiz Csivv, ximduni vji gusan :-)

Ot zuas dassipv kuc op temit howoph zua e simoecmi nupvjmz opduni xovj tuni detj migvuwis vu qanq opvu zuas catopitt us esi zua puv ecmi vu tewi nadj ev vji ipf ug vji nupvj?

O xuamf tahhitv zua liiq zuas 9 vu 5 kuc gus detj gmux, et muph et zua jewi pu uvjis simoecmi nupvjmz tuasdi ug opduni.

Xjivjis zua xepv vu tvesv xovj e mogitvzmi catopitt us DIPVT catopitt, O xuamf tez hiv tvesvif xovj zuas DIPVT fosidvmz.

Tu op Tannesz:

- Liiq zuas temit kuc
- Epz iyditt detj vjev zua iesp iedj nupvj, opwitv opvu zuas DIPVT catopitt
- Neli tasi zua hiv opdusqusevif
- IYIDAVI IYIDAVI IYIDAVI apvom zua hiv zuas gostv datvunis
 
Jiz Csivv, ximduni vji gusan :)

Ot zuas dassipv kuc op temit howoph zua e simoecmi nupvjmz opduni xovj tuni detj migvuwis vu qanq opvu zuas catopitt us esi zua puv ecmi vu tewi nadj ev vji ipf ug vji nupvj?

O xuamf tahhitv zua liiq zuas 9 vu 5 kuc gus detj gmux, et muph et zua jewi pu uvjis simoecmi nupvjmz tuasdi ug opduni.

Xjivjis zua xepv vu tvesv xovj e mogitvzmi catopitt us DIPVT catopitt, O xuamf tez hiv tvesvif xovj zuas DIPVT fosidvmz.

Tu op Tannesz:

- Liiq zuas temit kuc
- Epz iyditt detj vjev zua iesp iedj nupvj, opwitv opvu zuas DIPVT catopitt
- Neli tasi zua hiv opdusqusevif
- IYIDAVI IYIDAVI IYIDAVI apvom zua hiv zuas gostv datvunis

Vjeplt gus vji siqmz, Djenqoup.

Zit, O en ecmi vu tewi iyditt detj egvis iyqiptit.

Vjepl zua gus vji efwodi. O xomm veli ov epf edv up ov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom