The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hunger in the eyes of a 24-year-old: the diary of my entrepreneurial journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 28/05/2023:
  • I attended a meetup the last week where I meet a lot of entrepreneurs and good people to make contact with. I'm planning to go more often to this place full of like-minded people.
  • About the MVP, it's harder than I thought and I'm going to ask help to someone to avoid being stuck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 04/06/2023:
  • I've asked help on some sub-reddits and to some friends in order to make progress on the MVP. Today I'll implement their feedback hoping that it works.
  • I'm attending several entrepreneurs meetups/events where there a lot of entrepreneurs with successfull business. I've the feeling that something can happen here, like business partnership and so on.
  • While I've a stable job, I'm looking for another job where I can growth more and learn more.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 11/06/2023:
  • After a period of autoanalysis I decided to abandon the project since I wasn't interested in it anymore. I like to talk with people, manage a team, study and collecting notes. Now I know that no one care about my passion, but I'm starting to think how I can monetise my YouTube channel and investing on my personal brand.
  • I'm organizing sessions with expert in marketing and personal branding in order to create a plan to sell my knowledge to my community on YouTube. At the moment the channel is not so big but I already received some feedback from my community to sell them notes or to guide them in their project.
  • I don't know how to say this, it's not that I've abondoned the project because it was difficult but more because it didn't match some traits of my personality and this cause my a very bad mood with a negative impact on my life. Growth a YouTube channel is difficult too, but I'll learn skill more aligned with me.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 18/06/2023:
  • I've started writing down the strategy for my personal brand. I've a mentor that is an expert in this and will help me understand what to sell and how.
  • Create the youtube video set from where I can record videos.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 02/07/2023:
  • I'm in a mentorship program (I don't pay for some reasons) with a women that has more than 10+ years of experience in marketing and that currently work in Nike. We're developing together the strategy to build my personal brand on YouTube and to monetise it.
  • After some autoanalysis, I got that in order to keep myself motivated I should work on something that give me feedback and that I enjoy a bit. With YouTube I could communicate and learn new thing (I like both) and receive feedbacks from my community.

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
UPDATE 02/07/2023:
  • I'm in a mentorship program (I don't pay for some reasons) with a women that has more than 10+ years of experience in marketing and that currently work in Nike. We're developing together the strategy to build my personal brand on YouTube and to monetise it.
  • After some autoanalysis, I got that in order to keep myself motivated I should work on something that give me feedback and that I enjoy a bit. With YouTube I could communicate and learn new thing (I like both) and receive feedbacks from my community.
If there are people truly interested in the content you make, that's a great match. However, even with YouTube there will be things you might not like and might not align with your ideology for example, but gamifying things and implementing the strategies you mentioned for better learning will help you through struggles.
And about feedback, don't get hooked on it. From your original post and the updates I believe you will be successful if you continue putting in the effort, but who was here to reinforce you along the way on the forum? Again, lack of feedback. Luckily some people read your posts and responded something nice, but not many. The bottom line is that you should find passion, values and motivation within without getting dependent on feedback. Great work so far, keep it up!

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
If there are people truly interested in the content you make, that's a great match. However, even with YouTube there will be things you might not like and might not align with your ideology for example, but gamifying things and implementing the strategies you mentioned for better learning will help you through struggles.
And about feedback, don't get hooked on it. From your original post and the updates I believe you will be successful if you continue putting in the effort, but who was here to reinforce you along the way on the forum? Again, lack of feedback. Luckily some people read your posts and responded something nice, but not many. The bottom line is that you should find passion, values and motivation within without getting dependent on feedback. Great work so far, keep it up!
Thanks man for the comment, I really appreciate it! Is there anything in particular that make you think I'll be successful if I put effort into it?

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
Thanks man for the comment, I really appreciate it! Is there anything in particular that make you think I'll be successful if I put effort into it?
Just even the fact that you hold yourself accountable by posting here and doing it regularly. If needed find a friend / mentor / coach who can do this for you and reach out to you personally.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 09/07/2023:
  • In this past week I've invested a lot of time in creating a strategy for my YouTube channel and personal brand.
  • My idea is to sell a video course and in order to do so, I've to create a marketing strategy from when the users watch my YouTube videos until they buy my video courses.
  • I'm also planning how to build my website, which platform use to build my first video course and so on.
  • I've the feeling I'm improving, tomorrow I'll have another call my mentor. My goal for this year is to sell at least 1 course before the end of the year.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 16/07/2023:
  • In this last week I wrote the script of my first 4 YT videos based on the strategy I'm developing with my mentor.
  • I've sent some of these videos to my friends and to my mentor too to receive feedbacks, asses and adjust.
  • I bought a selfie light to remove the shadow from my face when I record a video.
  • At work is going well, I'm learning new stuff that I can always use to find a new job.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 23/07/2023:
  • Bulding the website from where customer can book a session with me, I'm having some trouble in connecting Calendly and WordPress but I'm figuring it out.
  • I've hired a video maker who will help me with the videos.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
Blabla.. mentorship, meetups, reflection.

Go find a customer. Sell them something. Find more customers. Tell us about your progress.
Agree with you man, I'm working in it. I cannot just go out with the first idea I've in my mind

Mace22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 10, 2023
Nice too see you taking action!
If you want to learn the most about business, don't read books, watch videos, etc.
You learn the most by doing, not failing. If you associate failure as a positive thing, that is bad. The goal is to try to succeed, but failure is a possibilty. Because somebody else failed doesn't mean you have to fail

skyflare

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 14, 2023
Hungary
You learn the most by doing, not failing. If you associate failure as a positive thing, that is bad.
That's such an awful advice.
When taking action failure is inevitable but to succeed you have to accept failure as a good thing, because you will eventually face them and you learn from the mistakes in your life.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
You're either learning or winning

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
Failure is one step closer to success, because you often learn more from trying than just sitting and theorizing about it. I genuinely thought it was a meme until I tried it for myself.

Looking forward to your YT video. I am also in my twenties and working on an MVP. I need to make YT for marketing. I absolutely hate the sound of my own voice though, but sometimes you gotta do what you hate to do what you love.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 06/08/2023:
  • My landing page is done and the offer too. I'm offering consultation in a specific niche.
  • The idea is to use my YouTube channel to acquire clients. I've a collaborator who will edit my videos (don't have time with a full time job) and the first one will be published next week.
  • In the meantime I also have the content calendar already done and the script of the first 5 videos done.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 13/08/2023:

• I've uploaded my first video where I advertised my service. Although I haven't acquired any customers yet and haven't started offering free calls, it's still too early to expect immediate results. I plan to remain patient and continue posting one video per week. While I've received numerous comments, the primary objective of this video was to establish an emotional connection with my potential customers rather than pushing for sales.
  • Initially my strategy involves releasing a total of 4 videos and gauging the response. If I don't receive any bookings for free or paid calls after this initial phase, I'll consider adjusting my approach (communication style, topics, etc.) and my content calendars.
  • In addition to my ongoing efforts, I'm also dedicating time to enhance my skills in Data Science. In the event that I decide to transition to a new job, I'm particularly interested in working within a SaaS (Software as a Service) company. This industry has always intrigued me, and I'm drawn to it because it aligns with the CENTS commandments so it would be as a gym for me for when I'll start my one.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 20/08/2023:
  • I've uploaded my second YouTube video. Both are going very well and one person DM me on LinkedIn to book a free consultation. I think that the need is there, I need to keep working!
  • In the meantime I'm doing other interviews with the goal to obtain a new job where I can grow more my technical skill.

Banny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 1, 2023
keep it up man. we're all reading your jouney .. don't think you're alone.

i just love your determination, don't give up. I'm also trying to figure out life. i have been trying different things, and failing, but i'm not giving up yet.

goodluck to us

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 27/08/2023:
  • People have started to contact me for consultancy! While I haven't received any payments yet, it's encouraging to see progress. I'll certainly update once I have my first paying customer. I'm quite content about this development!
  • I'm actively seeking a new job as I feel that my current role isn't allowing me to make the most of my potential. My tasks have become repetitive, but I believe I can achieve much more. I'm considering the possibility of relocating to an affordable country with a friend for 6-12 months to solely focus on our projects. However, I'm still deliberating this option.
  • I'm also writing down all the problems or the things people hate in order to have a list of possible ideas to use as a base of an MVP. SaaS business is something I always wanted to try. Let's see, maybe in the future..

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Are you willing to share more on the market segment that you are serving?

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 04/09/2023:
  • I'm on holidays but one person has schedule an appointment with me.
  • I'm the 7th I'll be back into the business.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 10/09/2023:
  • My first customer didn't show up for the appointment, but I don't mind. Every week, I can write the scripts for two videos for my YouTube channel and record them. My videomaker will handle the rest so that, in the end, I can publish one video a week.
  • As you know, I'm a Data Scientist with a strong background in Computer Science, and I'm considering working on an MVP for a SaaS product (I don't have to edit my YT videos so I can invest time in one other project). This MVP will not only solve a problem I have (which keeps me motivated), but it will also be a valuable addition to my portfolio, helping me secure a new job and further improve my technical skills.

BlackLands

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 5, 2019
UPDATE 17/09/2023:
  • Every week I upload 1 video on my YT channel. Currently I think that I'm getting good views if compared to my channel size, but I'd like to test new formats to see how the viewers react since currently aside from one video, I didn't receive a lot of comments/interactions so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is working or not.
  • I'm developing the backend of a small MVP that will help me to automatize an aspect of my life. I think that I'm not the only one who has this issue, so later I'll try to sell it in order to gain more experience in the SaaS business, plus gaining tech skills that I can always levarage to get a better job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.