I'm working on a main project. PPV/CPV marketing with paid traffic. This can make a lot of money with good campaigns but campaigns only last so long.
I'd like to have a side project that would be a more long-term income source once it is established.
Here's what I'm considering:
I like writing. I've published 7 fiction short stories on Amazon but they have never sold well.
On Facebook I'm part of a local rants and raves group. I decided to write up some posts about my recent dental experiences and the people there love them.
The reviews are funny (at least that's what I'm told) and they are actual reviews. They get a lot of attention in this group.
So many of them are asking me to keep writing reviews.
I've followed up with a couple restaurant reviews and they have been very popular too.
I was thinking. Could I build a review site in this humorous style and make money with it? I could review almost anything I use or experience and make affiliate sales on some of the things.
My thinking is that most review sites are boring and some of them are still effective.
What would happen if people had fun reading reviews? I think they would be very willing to give their email address to read the new reviews. I also think the content would be very sharable if people found it funny.
People love to be entertained.
The problem is that the readers would be coming to be entertained and not necessarily looking to buy anything.
Adsense is an option but it doesn't pay much.
Is there a way I could do this and make it bring in good money?
I'd like to have a side project that would be a more long-term income source once it is established.
Here's what I'm considering:
I like writing. I've published 7 fiction short stories on Amazon but they have never sold well.
On Facebook I'm part of a local rants and raves group. I decided to write up some posts about my recent dental experiences and the people there love them.
The reviews are funny (at least that's what I'm told) and they are actual reviews. They get a lot of attention in this group.
So many of them are asking me to keep writing reviews.
I've followed up with a couple restaurant reviews and they have been very popular too.
I was thinking. Could I build a review site in this humorous style and make money with it? I could review almost anything I use or experience and make affiliate sales on some of the things.
My thinking is that most review sites are boring and some of them are still effective.
What would happen if people had fun reading reviews? I think they would be very willing to give their email address to read the new reviews. I also think the content would be very sharable if people found it funny.
People love to be entertained.
The problem is that the readers would be coming to be entertained and not necessarily looking to buy anything.
Adsense is an option but it doesn't pay much.
Is there a way I could do this and make it bring in good money?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
