The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How/Where can I get a lead list with B2B SaaS?

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

GuestA4319

I'm looking for small B2B SaaS, max 10 people. Where can I buy this kind of list and how much would it cost for ex for 2000 contacts?

Or should I start do LinkedIn prospecting?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I can refer you to my chick over at InfoUSA.

She can give you a good deal but you'd probably be looking at $200-700 depending on what information you need from them (whether it's phone, address, employee records, etc.)

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Here are some options that I tried over the years.

InfoUSA (like Kung Fu Steve said) - Good way to get leads quick

SalesGenie - Also run by InfoUSA, I think. It's a monthly payment. But you have to pay extra for emails. And don't let the monthly payment fool you, they will lock you into a contract. I'll never use SalesGenie again based on my experience with them.

Infofree.com - Seems like a competitor of SalesGenie. Decent lead quality. But don't let the word "free" fool you, because you have to pay a monthly fee. I really liked Infofree when I used them.

MobileRenegade - This is my second favorite if I need to generate huge lists fast. But you don't get names of people.

Limeleads - New service that is out there. Seems decent.

ToutApp - They have a Chrome Plugin that will scan Linkedin for emails...works sometimes.

The old fashion way:
- This is one of my favorite ways to build lists right now.
- Go to Google. Type in Industry + Location.
-Print out the Google Map. Research each company. Find the right person. Use a combo of tout app, google, etc.. to find the people...then hire a BDR or something to do it for you.

- InfoFree, ToutApp, Mobile Renegade, and the old fashion way have been the best for me.

G

GuestA4319

Thanks guys.

I'm looking only for email and name of the CEO or whom is responsible for sales.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Here are some options that I tried over the years.

InfoUSA (like Kung Fu Steve said) - Good way to get leads quick

SalesGenie - Also run by InfoUSA, I think. It's a monthly payment. But you have to pay extra for emails. And don't let the monthly payment fool you, they will lock you into a contract. I'll never use SalesGenie again based on my experience with them.

Infofree.com - Seems like a competitor of SalesGenie. Decent lead quality. But don't let the word "free" fool you, because you have to pay a monthly fee. I really liked Infofree when I used them.

MobileRenegade - This is my second favorite if I need to generate huge lists fast. But you don't get names of people.

Limeleads - New service that is out there. Seems decent.

ToutApp - They have a Chrome Plugin that will scan Linkedin for emails...works sometimes.

The old fashion way:
- This is one of my favorite ways to build lists right now.
- Go to Google. Type in Industry + Location.
-Print out the Google Map. Research each company. Find the right person. Use a combo of tout app, google, etc.. to find the people...then hire a BDR or something to do it for you.

- InfoFree, ToutApp, Mobile Renegade, and the old fashion way have been the best for me.

I'd love to hear a little more about your process -- can never have too many leads!

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I've found some good prospects for my niche via linkedIn groups, also try Facebook groups in your niche.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I'd love to hear a little more about your process -- can never have too many leads!

I haven't been prospecting lately because my B2B business somehow evolved into a B2C business for now. But I know when it comes time to do B2B I'll never have any trouble.

I started by just contacting random emails like domain@company.com. It worked to a point, but I had to get an insane volume of leads. That's where a tool like Mobile Renegade was useful. I could run the tool to pull emails right from Facebook then plug the emails into something like ToutApp. The problem was that a large % of emails don't end up matching up the FB page. It was pretty hard to clean the list even after hiring someone to clean the list for me.

I eventually found out that nothing beats contacting someone direct to their personal email like john@domain.com. With the right email structure + drip sequence it can work great. The downside is that it takes an extreme amount of work to sometimes find the emails... all of which can be outsourced.

Here's my process when I do prospect for B2B.

- First I work backwards. What's my close rate, average profit, etc..This leads me to how many people I need to contact per day.
- I focus on consistency. I would rather get 20-30 leads with personal emails per day than 500 random emails.
- From 9am-11:30am I focus on list building. Same time everyday to maintain consistency in my actions.
- I start by focusing on a geographic location. I'm in Philadelphia. So I like to start in Philly, NYC, Del, and NJ. I'll print maps off of Google and circle each business as I go.
- Then I try to find the decision maker's email. To do this I use Google, Facebook, & LinkedIn. ToutApp also has a good Chrome plugin for this.
- After that, I put the emails into ToutApp and set my campaign to send emails out the next day. I send 3-4 emails, depending on the offer. The first email connects with them, the second emails gives them something, the third emails follows up, and the last email asks to close their file.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Another thing - LinkedIn is an amazing resource if used the right way. HOWEVER, I have noticed that there is now a lot of spam on LinkedIn. I hate getting pitched through LinkedIn, but I also love it because it's so easy to ignore. I would use LinkedIn to build a list then email or call the list. Just my opinion though..

Oh and if you connect with people then I think it shows their email address in most cases

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I'm looking for small B2B SaaS, max 10 people. Where can I buy this kind of list and how much would it cost for ex for 2000 contacts?

Here's something I like to do.

Go to UpWork and hire someone for data entry/research.

Tell them to enter this in Google:

site:www.crunchbase.com Employees: 1-10 "in CrunchBase"

Give them 10 examples. 5 that are B2B companies and 5 that are NOT B2B companies.

This is their "training data" :)

Have them dump the CrunchBase profile page URL into a spreadsheet.

Let them use their judgement to label each as "B2B" or "Not B2B" in a separate column.

For each one labeled as B2B, tell them to click the "in CrunchBase" link on that profile page.

Give them 10 examples. 5 that are "Decision Makers" (i.e. CEO's) and 5 that are not.

Have them go to their company website and look for that decision maker (usually in the "contact" or "about us" areas)

Get their email and add it to the spreadsheet.

Can't find their email on the website? Outline something like this for those cases: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...non-public-email-addresses.63237/#post-495248

Extra Credit: Lot's of "Not B2B" listed? Hire a 2nd UpWork data entry/researcher and have them review those. Not enough emails found? Use this 2nd UpWork hire to repeat the process (or come up with another!).

You can get creative and expand this far beyond Crunchbase, I have :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestA4319

Here's something I like to do.

Go to UpWork and hire someone for data entry/research.

Tell them to enter this in Google:

Give them 10 examples. 5 that are B2B companies and 5 that are NOT B2B companies.

This is their "training data" :)

Have them dump the CrunchBase profile page URL into a spreadsheet.

Let them use their judgement to label each as "B2B" or "Not B2B" in a separate column.

For each one labeled as B2B, tell them to click the "in CrunchBase" link on that profile page.

Give them 10 examples. 5 that are "Decision Makers" (i.e. CEO's) and 5 that are not.

Have them go to their company website and look for that decision maker (usually in the "contact" or "about us" areas)

Get their email and add it to the spreadsheet.

Can't find their email on the website? Outline something like this for those cases: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...non-public-email-addresses.63237/#post-495248

Extra Credit: Lot's of "Not B2B" listed? Hire a 2nd UpWork data entry/researcher and have them review those. Not enough emails found? Use this 2nd UpWork hire to repeat the process (or come up with another!).

You can get creative and expand this far beyond Crunchbase, I have :)

Interesting approach. I would consider this when I'll have a sales funnel in place. For now I just need a list to see if cold emailing works or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I mean I want to see if cold email is profitable for my business
Ummm... how does one figure this out without obtaining emails to send in the first place?

For now I just need a list to see if cold emailing works or not.
...and that was 1 way of doing it :) I see other ways mentioned as well...

LOL :headbanger:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Interesting approach. I would consider this when I'll have a sales funnel in place. For now I just need a list to see if cold emailing works or not.
the Upwork method is probably the cheapest. I've done this, and end up paying about 10 cents per lead.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
the Upwork method is probably the cheapest. I've done this, and end up paying about 10 cents per lead.
Yea I've found about the same and been very surprised at just how many emails I can get from a good worker on there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.