The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How well my day went & how effective I was at sticking to my list

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zachary Burt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 22, 2011
San Francisco
Last night before I went to bed I made a list of 10 things that, if I were to complete, I would feel that I had a productive day. I ordered them in descending difficulty, so that the most difficult was first on the list, and then downwards. I accomplished 9 out of 10, which was pretty good, but I don't feel like I gave 100% to each task. For example, on at least two of the tasks, I completed them on a "yes I did what I set out to do" level, but I could have gone much further, which would have led to a feeling of greater satisfaction, and who knows what kind of long-run psychological benefits that would yield? Compound interest is probably most devastating when applied to large sums of money, but second most effective when applied to our choices. Would it better to have simply listed 5 tasks and made sure that I did them, no questions asked? Another thing I did was shoot hoops, which I've done for 5 days in a row now, but I didn't give myself credit for that or put it on the list, even though I really feel like playing basketball moves me closer to my goals of who I want to be, on both practical and symbolic levels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ItsAllMental

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 22, 2011
The great thing is that you actually accomplished 9 of your tasks. That's a good start. I wouldn't beat myself up too much about not giving 100% just yet. This is a stepping stone to 10 tasks, and then to a greater effort the next time, and so on.

I would say the most important thing is actually doing something, and being consistent over the long haul so that you can create new, more productive, habits. With time, it will come easier to you and more will get accomplished

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.