Hey guys,
I was going to create a general thread to share some tips for us, the startup dudes but maybe is better to create separate posts so other users and members can found it easily through the search results.
This is my first. Today I sent a couple of cold emails. I can't use a service like MailCheat(Chimp) because you have to have email's owner permission. So I sent them as you normally send emails.
Offered the service to businesses personally, I mean, writing the business owner's name, etc. Started with a question like
"Are you interested in receive estimate requests for your services? At Partylea we send them to businesses that are interested on increasing their online sales.
If so, we can keep you in mind to send our requests to you."
* Asking is a sales method that Ziglar used on his books and thought could be a good idea to use it on my emails.
* "We can keep you in mind" in my humble opinion works better (didn't tested it) than "when we receive requests", because in the last you're using something that COULD happen. I'm not an expert on this but try to use my empathy as if I'm the one receiving the email.
The tip I wanted to share is that instead of using your plain URL link on the email, you can use bit.ly and create a custom url for each business you contact, and bit.ly will tell if it was opened.
Yes, is very DIY and you have to create a new link per business, but could give you a better idea of how you're writing your emails.
This is a bit confusing but hope you understand my english and what I wanted to say
I was going to create a general thread to share some tips for us, the startup dudes but maybe is better to create separate posts so other users and members can found it easily through the search results.
This is my first. Today I sent a couple of cold emails. I can't use a service like MailCheat(Chimp) because you have to have email's owner permission. So I sent them as you normally send emails.
Offered the service to businesses personally, I mean, writing the business owner's name, etc. Started with a question like
"Are you interested in receive estimate requests for your services? At Partylea we send them to businesses that are interested on increasing their online sales.
If so, we can keep you in mind to send our requests to you."
* Asking is a sales method that Ziglar used on his books and thought could be a good idea to use it on my emails.
* "We can keep you in mind" in my humble opinion works better (didn't tested it) than "when we receive requests", because in the last you're using something that COULD happen. I'm not an expert on this but try to use my empathy as if I'm the one receiving the email.
The tip I wanted to share is that instead of using your plain URL link on the email, you can use bit.ly and create a custom url for each business you contact, and bit.ly will tell if it was opened.
Yes, is very DIY and you have to create a new link per business, but could give you a better idea of how you're writing your emails.
This is a bit confusing but hope you understand my english and what I wanted to say
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
