The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to structure an email subscription-based business?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
I'm starting a subscription-based product that will be delivered as an email to subscribers. Can you guys help point me in the right direction for learning about web/email/payment and fulfillment?

Option 1: Free subscription. Put in your email, get occasional free content. This serves as the lead-gen email list builder.
I've got this built already in Webflow, and linked to a Mailchimp list.

Option 2: Paid subscription. (probably around $30).
-- Has anyone integrated Webflow's payment system and been happy with it?
-- How do I structure a recurring payment?
-- How do you structure your subscribers information? Do you use something like a Google sheet to track current subscription status, chargebacks, cancellations, delivery on your product, etc?
-- My product is a series of e-mails they'll receive a bit like a sales funnel, but what drives the delivery of that content? What is this type of fulfillment service called, as I start to Google this? Do you use a service that can track every user on their own journey through the deliverables? I'm sure there's probably 100 products out there that do just this, but how do I choose? Do you have one you love or one I should avoid?

Thanks for your input!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
I'm starting a subscription-based product that will be delivered as an email to subscribers. Can you guys help point me in the right direction for learning about web/email/payment and fulfillment?

Option 1: Free subscription. Put in your email, get occasional free content. This serves as the lead-gen email list builder.
I've got this built already in Webflow, and linked to a Mailchimp list.

Option 2: Paid subscription. (probably around $30).
-- Has anyone integrated Webflow's payment system and been happy with it?
-- How do I structure a recurring payment?
-- How do you structure your subscribers information? Do you use something like a Google sheet to track current subscription status, chargebacks, cancellations, delivery on your product, etc?
-- My product is a series of e-mails they'll receive a bit like a sales funnel, but what drives the delivery of that content? What is this type of fulfillment service called, as I start to Google this? Do you use a service that can track every user on their own journey through the deliverables? I'm sure there's probably 100 products out there that do just this, but how do I choose? Do you have one you love or one I should avoid?

Thanks for your input!
Ok. Let me make this simpler:
1) I'm building a subscription email service. Who is using a recurring payments system they like? Bonus points if you have a paid subscription email service you like. There's a lot of options, and with my newness to the whole thing, I'd love to run in the (moderately) right direction.

2) What email campaign platform do you use and like? I'm looking for one that I can build in some logic, like a connect the flow-chart sort of layout.

Thanks!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
What time will course be in Hong Kong? It will be very late, at 1:00 AM HK time as the starting...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom