The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to respond to haters

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You have, what, 80 years of life if you're lucky? Why the hell are you wasting any of your precious time on any of those people?

The fact that you think about them shows 2 things: 1) you lack the internal strength to realize that they don't matter 2) something external that is so important that you simply don't have the attention span to notice them. Focus on those 2 and you'll forget that you ever had "haters."

Some people exist purely to drag other people down - they're worthless garbage. Avoid them at all costs and never waste time thinking about them.

"Yes, on track to do a quarter million this year, how you doing in your cubicle?"

Even zingers give them more than they are due.

Do you want to know how you show your total superiority to someone else? By forgetting that they exist.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
A wolf is a scary sight for a bunch of sheep.

I just dropped out of college. I was a 4th year sophomore. People thought I was crazy and talked shit, now they ask me how I did it. Funny how things work

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yyes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jun 18, 2017
Boise Idaho
How do you guys go about when you get haters that talk crap?

I recently had someone who I thought was my friend, who hadnt contacted me in months. I posted an IG story of me cutting a tree down and he says:

"So you went to college and got your 4 year degree to cut trees down?"

I was so mad because here I have someone who I thought was my friend being negative. I didnt know how to respond.

How do you guys deal with the hate?

yyes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jun 18, 2017
Boise Idaho
Ignore it and move on. Maybe they were having a joke with you and you were too sensitive to it, maybe the person's an a$$hole. Pick your path and ignore non-constructive chatter.

4-5 years ago I had lunch with a friend who has his own business, wanted to pick his brain in relation to my relatively new company. He offered little in the way of anything really, and even went as far as telling my dad later (they're friends too) that I was wasting my time and it would amount to nothing. Last night he messaged me on Facebook, wants to catch up and have me teach him how to take his business online, wants to come through my warehouse and learn my processes etc etc. The wheel turns when you stay focused on what you're doing and ignoring haters.

"First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win"

*No idea who first said that, sorry.

I imagine you are going to help him ?

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
The other advantage you can get is by seeing whether what they say bothers you? If it does then what about it bothers you? then see how you can reframe it to be a positive or a neutral. It can help you be more flexible and adaptable yourself to take some crap in your stride. Maybe he is just joking? Maybe he is having a hard time or something? But definitely as people said, ignore.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Yellow parkas on kids look good :(
Stupid people.
Actually I chose the colour, it looked amazing on, not so amazing to my peers LOL
They already made fun of me for my shoes, old men's slip on's in patent plastic & the hairstyle, John Travolta, it was mid 70's
In fairness it was good-natured ribbing from my friends, not really haters.
It builds strength of character being avant-garde.
I don't recall having any girlfriends though.
Excuse me my therapist's waiting... :playful:

G

Guest1413tpa

Two middle fingers in the air.

I kid. :rofl:

I tend to filter out the noise, and always listen to constructive criticism from people I know, as I enjoy a healthy discussion.

People tend to like that, its weird when I get into deep disccusions about things, where I have an opposing point of view.

I really don't care what people I don't know personally think about what I am doing. Its taken me a bit to get out of being scared of doing what I want.

However, want to know one of the most difficult parties to brush off?

In-laws and my parents. Just this weekend, I hadto deal with criticism of looking at buying companies, creating products, and investing in different areas over relying on the stock market only for wealth building. All from my father-in-law, who is a former trader from the 80s/90s.

Ignore it, until you're successful, and they stick their foot in their mouths.

I love this first line also.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.